A Blood War: CPAC - GOP vs Libertarians vs Teaparty

drivebymedia

Mar 4, 2013
Republicans are riping themselves apart vying for the "Bash Obama" award, and like the 2012 campaign, achieve nothing but dig their grave deeper and destroy their own party.

So, whose complaining?

:clap2:

CPAC, the gathering of losers and people kicked to the curb because they are insane. Welcome to the GOP!

I'm just enjoying the show. Sometime in 2009, the right wing began the contest of "Who can hate the government more". It started humble enough, with local Tea Party rallies. They didnt want Obamacare. They didnt like wasteful government spending. You know....excessive stuff, not the fundamental stuff. But then the 2010 elections got closer. And they started getting a bit more fanatical.

They started looking beyond just the really excessive stuff. They started trying to out-do each other. "I hate 20% of govt spending!". "Oh yeah, well I hate 30%". "Oh, you two are commies, I'd slash 50%".

Fill in some actual topics, and that was the attitude. In the quest to out-hate each other regarding government, they began turning on traditional right wing strongholds: law enforcement, middle class teachers, firefighters. All together, those groups total around 4,000,000 people. Count in their families, and you basically pissed off around 10,000,000 voters, all of whom were normally reliable conservatives.

Now, the right wing is drifting even further. They are starting to whisper the unthinkable: Turning on the military. Yes. Slowly but surely, the whispers of military waste are starting to come out in the right wing.....just like the whispers of "Why are we paying our cops so much?" began to trickle out in 2010. Obama has forced this hand on them, by making them choose between raising taxes or cutting military spending. And the right wing is starting to justify the idea of slashing military funds. They'll start seeking examples to justify it.

And as they did in 2010, the quest to out-slash each other will be too much, and within 4 years, they'll be fully engaged in a turn on the military.

Dont think it wont happen. It will.

Republicans are riping themselves apart vying for the "Bash Obama" award, and like the 2012 campaign, achieve nothing but dig their grave deeper and destroy their own party.

So, whose complaining?

Are there libertarians at CPAC this year? I suppose as spectators, but any speakers? I honestly don't know.

I'm just enjoying the show. Sometime in 2009, the right wing began the contest of "Who can hate the government more". It started humble enough, with local Tea Party rallies. They didnt want Obamacare. They didnt like wasteful government spending. You know....excessive stuff, not the fundamental stuff. But then the 2010 elections got closer. And they started getting a bit more fanatical.

They started looking beyond just the really excessive stuff. They started trying to out-do each other. "I hate 20% of govt spending!". "Oh yeah, well I hate 30%". "Oh, you two are commies, I'd slash 50%".

Fill in some actual topics, and that was the attitude. In the quest to out-hate each other regarding government, they began turning on traditional right wing strongholds: law enforcement, middle class teachers, firefighters. All together, those groups total around 4,000,000 people. Count in their families, and you basically pissed off around 10,000,000 voters, all of whom were normally reliable conservatives.

Now, the right wing is drifting even further. They are starting to whisper the unthinkable: Turning on the military. Yes. Slowly but surely, the whispers of military waste are starting to come out in the right wing.....just like the whispers of "Why are we paying our cops so much?" began to trickle out in 2010. Obama has forced this hand on them, by making them choose between raising taxes or cutting military spending. And the right wing is starting to justify the idea of slashing military funds. They'll start seeking examples to justify it.

And as they did in 2010, the quest to out-slash each other will be too much, and within 4 years, they'll be fully engaged in a turn on the military.

Why hasn't this tendency shown itself in legislation? I mean, we've seen very few Republican, or Tea Party, proposals to actually cut federal spending, and none that have been taken seriously. Are legislators just behind?

I'm glad to hear this!

TEA Party want America to follow Constitution not Bankers, so they must be destroyed.

I'm with KK on this. I haven't seen any legislation to support any of your claims.

The most interesting thing in American politics is the emergence of the libertarian wing of the Republican Party. Knowing that third party runs are exercises in futility, Ron Paul wisely made inroads into the republican establishment. Now others are following suit.

Since there is no significant difference between neocons and democrats on any issue of substance, democrats are promoting the meme of the Republican Party tearing itself apart.

Nothing could be further from the truth. The Republican Party is reforming itself into standing for fiscal sanity, peaceful foreign policy and personal liberty.

The democrats and neocons are frightened of the change and are reacting in a predictable manner.

Pay no attention to them. They mean less and less each day.

I'm with KK on this. I haven't seen any legislation to support any of your claims.

Well, for the majority of the past 4 years it has all been done by local Republican politicians. Nationwide, the local GOP has been on a rampage in slashing compensation packages for law enforcement, teachers, firefighters......necessary or not. Gov. Nikki Haley said she did it "to send a message", even though the budget didnt necessitate it, and didnt require any additional taxes to pay the normal compensation.

And as we all know......politics are local. If the local idiot sporting the Big Red "R" does some stupid shit, then many people associate all Republicans with that same idiocy. Just like the right wingers point to San Francisco and NYC liberals as proof of what the national Democrat Party stands for.

The anti-military stuff is just whispers right now. But it is coming. Guarantee it.

The most interesting thing in American politics is the emergence of the libertarian wing of the Republican Party. Knowing that third party runs are exercises in futility, Ron Paul wisely made inroads into the republican establishment. Now others are following suit.

Since there is no significant difference between neocons and democrats on any issue of substance, democrats are promoting the meme of the Republican Party tearing itself apart.

Nothing could be further from the truth. The Republican Party is reforming itself into standing for fiscal sanity, peaceful foreign policy and personal liberty.

The democrats and neocons are frightened of the change and are reacting in a predictable manner.

I didn't vote for Bush, McCain or Mitt so I don't consider myself a Republican, I don't like the Republican party either... But I fully agree with your post.

The Republican party is amid a big change, who knows if it will actually fully change. Democrats have become the new neocons fully and absolutely. Democrats will probably have their big mainstream falling out coming 2016 as the Republicans did back in 2008.

Dems even om these boards still talk about what they want, soon they will realize what they got and that they were exploited in what they wanted to gain votes.

Dem voters didn't get an end to the Iraq war through Obama, Bush did that and we are still spending lots of money there.

Dem voters didn't get Guantanamo Bay closed.

Dem voters didn't get the end of the war on terror, they got an expansion of it.

Dem Voters didn't get a single Bush era policy repealed, instead they got the expansion of the Bush era tax cuts, the Patriot Act, bail-outs, subsidies and so on.

Just like the Republican party the Democrat party was taken over without the voter base even knowing it. Keep blaming Bush for why Obama expands upon his policies, but understand many people are losing interest and some are fully waking up, hence the 4 million voters you lost in the 2012 election, another Obama first for the Democrat party (losing voters.)

Yeah, that's what the Republicans said when GW Bush was running for president. Fiscal "Compassionate" Conservatism, a "humble" foreign policy, and personal liberty. Then they delivered 2 wars off the books which wiped out the fiscal sanity and humble foreign policy planks. Then they gave us the TSA, DHS, and Patriot act which wiped out the personal liberty plank. Forgive me for taking anything the Republicans promote with a grain of salt.

If fiscal sanity is opposing two bucks in cuts for one in revenue ... well, they can't do math and keep social security.

Trying to poison the well, eh?

I'm retired military, and proposing defense spending cuts are not the same as "show me the birth certificate!" That's who is being featured at CPAC, by the way. A billionaire birther. But they threw a common sensical governor from New Jersey under the bus.

It is a simple fact we are spending more on defense than at any time since WWII, in real dollars. We had much, much greater existential threats to our country during the Cold War than we do now, and spent far, far less on defense during the entire period.

So this current level of defense spending is quite simply insane.

I'll tell you what turning against our military actually looks like. Just look at the topics on this forum about the US Army coming to get you soon and put you in a FEMA camp, all built on a bogus premise the government had just bought 1.6 billion hollow point bullets, fed to them by foam-flecked demogogues on the right wing conspiracy nut channel. Those are the right wing lunatics that would be welcome at today's CPAC. People who actually believe our American fighting men are about to turn on us and slaughter us.

That's what nutjobs who hate our armed forces really look like.

Look, we have a $16 trillion (and climbing) shit sandwich, and everyone has to take a bite. Everyone is wanting to avoid eating their share. I'm sorry, but Defense's share is quite substantial.

Last edited:

Yeah, that's what the Republicans said when GW Bush was running for president. Fiscal "Compassionate" Conservatism, a "humble" foreign policy, and personal liberty. Then they delivered 2 wars off the books which wiped out the fiscal sanity and humble foreign policy planks. Then they gave us the TSA, DHS, and Patriot act which wiped out the personal liberty plank. Forgive me for taking anything the Republicans promote with a grain of salt.

Whew, should I even go into what Obama and Democrats said Obama is and compare it to what he is through policy? Hell he expanded most of what you listed Bush did.

The difference is Obama is our President as of today, Bush is old news, people elected Obama believing he would be the anti Bush. Jokes on them.

Trying to poison the well, eh?

I'm retired military, and proposing defense spending cuts are not the same as "show me the birth certificate!" That's who is being featured at CPAC, by the way. A billionaire birther. But they threw a common sensical governor from New Jersey under the bus.

It is a simple fact we are spending more on defense than at any time since WWII, in real dollars. We had much, much greater existential threats to our country during the Cold War than we do now, and spent far, far less on defense during the entire period.

So this current level of defense spending is quite simply insane.

I'll tell you what turning against our military actually looks like. Just look at the topics on this forum about the US Army coming to get you soon and put you in a FEMA camp, all built on a bogus premise the government had just bought 1.6 billion hollow point bullets. Those are the right wing lunatics that would be welcome at today's CPAC. People who believe our fighting men are about to turn on us and slaughter us.

Look, we have a $16 trillion (and climbing) shit sandwich, and everyone has to take a bite. Everyone is wanting to avoid eating their share. I'm sorry, but Defense's share is quite substantial.

Great points. And you're exactly right. The turning point where the right wing will turn against the military will come in the form of paranoia about the military being used to inflict tyranny on the people.

I for one believe the military is full of too many men of honor and integrity to do that. Many on the right, however, obviously must not, since they believe it could go bad for us all. So, eventually, the right wing will use the threat of higher taxes plus the boogey man fear of tyranny to cut the military down.

In the end, the right wing will ALWAYS pick profit over patriotism. And if it means selling out the military to avoid a tax raise on the 1%, then so be it.

I seems to me that the left wing radicals who keep harping about the Tea Party are pretty insecure about the a-hole they just helped elect.

The mainstream GOP is busy minimalizing the Tea Party and the party of stupid folks. If C-PAC comes out as the party of stupid again, their influence is over.

Bobby Jindal, GOP Leaders Aim to Rebrand the Republican Party ...
US News & World Report | News & Rankings | Best Colleges, Best Hospitals, and more › NewsCached
by rebekah metzler - in 39 Google+ circles - More by rebekah metzler
Jan 25, 2013 – Criticizing both his party's leadership and specific politicians, he said Republicans need to "stop being the stupid party" and "stop insulting the ...

Priebus: Candidates Said 'Biologically Stupid Things,' But Rove's ...
livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/.../rnc-chairman-partys-problem-ste...Cached
4 days ago – Priebus: Candidates Said 'Biologically Stupid Things,' But Rove's ... that the party's recent shortcomings were due to bad candidates saying ...

Karl Rove: Bobby Jindal 'Is Right' On 'Stupid' GOP (VIDEO)
www.huffingtonpost.com/.../karl-rove-bobby-jindal-is_n_2573986.h...Cached
Jan 29, 2013 – "Explain what you're for and be for something," Rove said. "We are a ..... The Republican Party is full of "Stupid" leaders and "Stupid" voters.

Karl Rove Dismisses Tea Party Backlash: We Need 'Fewer Christine ...
www.mediaite.com/.../karl-rove-dismisses-tea-party-backlash-we-nee...Cached
Feb 17, 2013 – They did spent $30 million on Tea Party candidates, Rove said, ... Their objective, he said, “is to avoid having stupid candidates who can't win ...

ROVE: GOP MUST REFLECT DIVERSITY OF THE COUNTRY | Gill ...
gillreport.com/2013/.../rove-gop-must-reflect-diversity-of-the-countr...Cached
Mar 4, 2013 – Referring to the state party's deep losses in recent years, Rove said it ... to the party for 30+ years, but stupid RINO logic like Karl Rove drove ...

My new favorite Republican: Susana Martinez - The Insiders - The ...
www.washingtonpost.com/...republican-susana-martinez/.../gIQAnwf...
May 17, 2012 – My new favorite Republican offers hard truths for the GOP on immigration. ... I think I've found one: Susana Martinez, governor of New Mexico. .... However, a policy of marginalizing minorities from the mainstream of life, ...

1. News for Laura Bush women's issues Laura Bush Says Republicans 'Frightened' Women

ABC News (blog) *- 9 hours ago
Bush has been an outspoken supporter of women's rights since her time in .... No Laura Bush, the GOP did not frighten women, they P….. us off!

Then, of course, the democrats continued the same policies.

Sorry, dude, you don't make any sense.

Forum List

Back