A $Billion To Ukraine?

Do You Support Sending A $Billion in Tax Dollars To Ukraine

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They shouldn't give a cent to the Russians till they back off, regardless what they owe them.
What if the Russians decide to cut off their natural gas and aggressively move in to collect their debt? What do you think we should do if they did one or both of those actions?
Immediately halt all trade with Russia, and get all EU members to do the same. Get American and European businesses in Russia to pack up and leave. Encourage allies in Asia, South America, and Africa to similarly halt trading with Russia. Spare no effort to weaken Russia's economy as much as possible. The ruble is already going down, massive sanctions would make it collapse.

How would that help Ukraine and Europe when they depend on Russia for fossil fuels? It's was at almost 40% for both oil and natural gas. If the EU did such a thing, it would really hurt them, I think that it would ruin the EU's economy and posible the world's economy if those resources became more scarce.

What's the Billion going to be used for? Cause I get the feeling it's going to be wasted rather than benefit anyone.

The EU wanted them. Let them foot the bill. I'll be damned if I can figure out why our governments are financially involved in this bullshit.

The EU wanted them. Let them foot the bill. I'll be damned if I can figure out why our governments are financially involved in this bullshit.

Sounds like we are trying to buy people off. Buying peace doesn't work. That's why Jefferson and Madison fought the blackmailing pirates.

What do you think?

Ukraine aid bill passes Congress

Congress sent President Obama a bill on Tuesday to provide $1 billion in loan guarantees to cash-poor Ukraine and punish Russia for its bold annexation of part of the former Soviet republic.

Russia's incursion into Crimea caused a deep rift between Moscow and Washington and the bill, passed with bipartisan support, was a way for Congress to denounce Russia's move and express support for Kiev.

The House voted 378 to 34 for the bill, which also is aimed at discouraging any further actions that President Vladimir Putin might be contemplating in the region.

White House press secretary Jay Carney said Obama welcomed congressional passage of the bill. He said it would help Ukraine regain economic and political footing and added that the administration supports the targeted sanctions authority provided in the legislation. "The president will continue to build support for the Ukrainian people at this critical time," Carney said in a statement...

Ukraine aid bill passes Congress | Fox News

Can We Afford Ukraine?

By Ron Paul

Ron Paul Institute

March 11, 2014

Officially, US debt stands at more than $17 trillion. In reality, it is many times more. The cost of the US invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq may be more than six trillion dollars. President Obama’s illegal invasion of Libya cost at least a billion dollars and left that country devastated. The costs of US regime change efforts in Syria are likely thus far enormous, both in dollars and lives. That’s still a secret."

Thanks for that. Yeah, it's ludicrous. How many $Billions in Tax Dollars are gonna get flushed over there? What a shame.

Last edited:
I don't get it. Liberals are claiming that we need to punish Russia economically. They want sanctions to crush Russia's economy. So, what do we do, give Ukraine a billion dollars which goes straight to Russia to pay off the energy debt.

It doesn't make sense.

Yeah, it's gonna cost American Taxpayers several $Billion when it's all said and done. The only ones really being punished are average American Citizens.

Last edited:
I don't get it. Liberals are claiming that we need to punish Russia economically. They want sanctions to crush Russia's economy. So, what do we do, give Ukraine a billion dollars which goes straight to Russia to pay off the energy debt.

It doesn't make sense.

Whoever is doing that doesn't speak for me. I don't think that we should punish Russia economically, I don't agree with ANY sanctions against Russia, I don't agree with sending Ukraine ANY money, and I am a Liberal. How did the conservatives in the House vote on this bill? What are the republicans advocating regarding Ukraine? Would it be fair to have Sen. McCain's and Senator Graham's opinion the poster boy for all conservatives?

Sadly, the Communists and Neocons are holding hands in solidarity on this one. That's why i've always said there are no real differences between Communists/Progressives and Neocons. They're just running a game on us.

So, we are going to borrow $1billion from China, to give to the Ukraine, who will give it to Russia? Why didn't Russia just get the money from China and leave out the middle man.

As always, idiot hater dupes only have an ignorant, shortsighted obsession about their money and not contributing to ANYTHING CONSTRUCTIVE....IDIOCY.

BTW, it's a loan guarantee, and your thieving banker heroes have trillions lying around. More great "patriots" lol...

Yes, you dumb Communists continue on holding hands with the dumb Neocons on this one. Figures, you're both a rotten disgrace. Shame on you.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be nice to actually know how is making the money from the money given to the Ukraine.
Where does the money go and to which corporation and the corporations headquarters are in what country?

Wow, this Poll isn't even close. I think if it were put to a vote, most Americans would vote no on spending several $Billions in Tax Dollars on Ukraine.

Case closed. It doesn't look like the People support this. Citizens need to have more say on the Foreign Aid issue. It's their money after all.

Forum List

Back