90% of weapons into Mexico from USA????

LaLinda75

Apr 5, 2009
Myth! Only 17%. Time for people to do their own research and MATH!! Mexico needs to stop what goes into THEIR country and stop depending on 'big daddy' to the north to do everything for them. Clean up YOUR on act Mexico! It's long overdue!!!

90%

$bsmeter.gif

This is from another thread. I hope it clarifys the situation.

GHook93

A Look at the Numbers

In 2007-2008, according to ATF Special Agent William Newell, Mexico submitted 11,000 guns to the ATF for tracing. Close to 6,000 were successfully traced -- and of those, 90 percent -- 5,114 to be exact, according to testimony in Congress by William Hoover -- were found to have come from the U.S.

But in those same two years, according to the Mexican government, 29,000 guns were recovered at crime scenes.

In other words, 68 percent of the guns that were recovered were never submitted for tracing. And when you weed out the roughly 6,000 guns that could not be traced from the remaining 32 percent, it means 83 percent of the guns found at crime scenes in Mexico could not be traced to the U.S.
.......................................................................................................................................................................................
Man are you blowing smoke. Not, that does not mean that the other 83% could not be traced to the US, it means that the other 83% were not traced, period. For those of us that value the 2nd Amendment, your support of the illegal black market in guns only makes it harder.

If Mexico had a more reasonable gun policy, and the US a more reasonable drug policy this would not be an issue. We're both to blame, but in different ways.

Close the border and post the marines on the wall and the problem ends for good

Mexican's should not be allowed to have guns.

Close the border and post the marines on the wall and the problem ends for good
The blackmarket for weapons is like anything else - profit driven.
The drug cartels are offerring $1,000 cash for weapons that can be bought easily in the US for $200-500. Each. A truckload of that deliverred......that's big money.
It is not just Mexico's problem. The business market (consumer) is primarily in the streets of US and Canada.

Eliminate the profit motive that is driving this violent gang warfare, gangs won't buy weapons to fight for that turf.
How many speakeasy's and rum runners are operating and how many gang shootings fighting over booze turf have we had in the US since the repeal of Prohibition ?

How can we reduce or eliminate the drug gangs ability to wage war,
while also not infringing upon 2nd Amendment territory with costly, difficult, likely halfassed and hald effective ATF campaigns to stop gun trafficking ? We know that will be a mess, all the way from legislatures to gun owners to the streets of our towns and cities.

Eliminate the profit motive in drug trafficking.
"Legalize" and heavily regulate all the trouble spot narcotics.
A lot less people would die, and it would clean up our cities streets.
It would mirror the strategy that Gen.Petraeus used to implement the "Surge" in Iraq.
Don't use brute force, use our heads to beat this problem. It is better we pay locals to NOT fight than to kick in their doors and battle them in the streets.
In regadrs to the drug cartels, cut off their cashflow bty eliminating their markets, they will stop buying guns and waging war.
Pay the farmers to be opart of a REGULATED narcotics industry - and then work to reduce that product, bit by bit.

That sure would beats suiting up troops on daily basis to assault a better armed foe.

Capitalism at its best would replace capitalism at its worst.
Think about it.

I highly doubt the Mexicans are better armed than our military.

I have no problem with legalizing drugs but the border should be closed. All commercial and civilian traffic should be stopped and all vehicles searched before entering the US.

No more pussy footing around. the problem is easy to stop. We simply need the will and the balls to stop it.

I have no problem with legalizing drugs but the border should be closed. All commercial and civilian traffic should be stopped and all vehicles searched before entering the US.

No more pussy footing around. the problem is easy to stop. We simply need the will and the balls to stop it.
There is a lot of legitimate trade between US and Mexico.
What would we do about all the boats and ships and planes that transport across the border ? All the US companies' factories relocated to Mexico ? Mexicans who travel and transfer to the US through another country ?

We couldn't stop everything from crossing that long border. It is too much territory.
We don't have the manpower.
And what percentage of our voting population is Mexican-American, especially in the border states ?
Think they'd sit up and say something. They are a political force, and some have been residents of their territory since long before the US was founded, and even more were there long before the masses of refugees left Europe to come to the US in the 1800s and 1900s.
Face it - our nation was populated by the cast offs and dregs of Europe, who couldn't make it in their own countries, or were chased out, and came to America with little more than Hope.
Are Mexicans coming to the US any different ?

And what other nation / nationality should we single out for exclusion ? Germans, Dutch, Irish, Italians - all get the F&*K out of my country !!! I want the land stolen from my ancestors, vacated and returned.

Maybe we could assign the management of this border problem to those elected officials, military officers and bureacrats who are of Meixcan descent, so it doesn't appear to be simply racism.

There is a lot of legitimate trade between US and Mexico.
What would we do about all the boats and ships and planes that transport across the border ? All the US companies' factories relocated to Mexico ? Mexicans who travel and transfer to the US through another country ?

We couldn't stop everything from crossing that long border. It is too much territory.
We don't have the manpower.
And what percentage of our voting population is Mexican-American, especially in the border states ?
Think they'd sit up and say something. They are a political force, and some have been residents of their territory since long before the US was founded, and even more were there long before the masses of refugees left Europe to come to the US in the 1800s and 1900s.
Face it - our nation was populated by the cast offs and dregs of Europe, who couldn't make it in their own countries, or were chased out, and came to America with little more than Hope.

And what other nation / nationality should we single out for exclusion ? Germans, Dutch, Irish, Italians - all get the F&*K out of my country !!! I want the land stolen from my ancestors, vacated and returned.

Maybe we could assign the management of this border problem to those elected officials, military officers and bureacrats who are of Meixcan descent, so it doesn't appear to be simply racism.

Say what??? The majority of the Mexican-American pop is NOT for illegals. They are for coming into this country LEGALLY - no exceptions. But if you are talking about the ILLEGAL 'voters', that is a whole different story. As for 'your land' being vacated and returned, sure but in the mess and desolation that it was in when this country BOUGHT it!! FYI, we already have elected officials, military officers, bureaucrats who ARE of mexican descent AND assigned to the management of the border problem. The 'dregs' of Europe were the ones who brought into this country the tools, brain power, and inventions that helped make this country what it is today.

Ya, those "cast offs and dregs of Europe" came to America to create the greatest country on earth,

The Mexicans are coming to America to leach off the success of those "cast offs and dregs of Europe".

Those of you worried about illegal immigration might want to think of an alternative career to fast food cook.

Give those fast food jobs back to the teenagers.

Forum List

Back