9 out of 10 Americans completely wrong

Wealth is created by working Americans

They are accumulating a smaller and smaller portion of the wealth that they create

Who is to blame?

Yes wealth is created by working Americans young, old, rich and poor. For example, Billy Gates creates a small software company from nothing in his garage, from which, in part tremendous wealth is generated for hundreds of thousands of people. As another example Apple... Another example, Google. Another example, Yahoo. Another example facebook.

Oh I'm sorry this does not fit your picture of working class people generate the wealth does it?

When do working class people switch from being wealth generators to evil scum sucking rich people? When they become successful?
Of the companies mentioned don't Yahoo, Google, and Facebook get their revenues and profits almost entirely from advertising? Is this the new version of the "American Dream"? To make it big financially by creating a new venue for advertising? One older company had used the slogan "better living through chemistry". Is the contempory equivalent of that "better living through advertising"?

All provide a service. They get revenue from advertising so that they can provide that service for free. I don’t really see why that is some sort of anti –American dream. It is quite a brilliant to provide services for free.

Also, advertising is not the only source of revenue that these companies get. I believe that Google returns far more profit in how they stack their search results. You might call that advertising but it is something different. Yahoo offers a variety of pay for services as well though I think that the bulk is through advertising.

You do realize that such a profit source is nothing new right? TV has been doing this for decades. Why is advertising monies different than any other type of profit earned? It is not like they get that money because they are not providing a valuable service. They are able to advertise because they provide a service that draws a million eyes to themselves.

I think a significant percentage of the Rich ARE actively plotting against the Poor -- and that the percentage increases as the Wealth of the Rich increases.

The most determined and fanatical engagers in Class Warfare are the Rich, not the Poor.
Don't turn this on others.
Your problem with wealth is YOUR problem.
Oh! Well, if you say so, I guess it must be true.

Just like the crap that you spew huh?

Everyone and especially these so called poor people being plotted against should read [ame="http://www.amazon.com/The-Richest-Man-Babylon-Ancients/dp/1607960664"]The Richest Man in Babylon[/ame]

I read it when I was 16 and have applied the principles in it for 30 years.

The affluent are growing more affluent than ever.

The rest of Americans are growing poorer than ever.

That state of affairs does not bode well for any nation that is a democratic republic.

You folks can give us all the Willy May rags to riches stories you want, but those statistical outliers do not change the fact that the aggregate statistics are still showing a upward trend in incomes and wealth maldistribution.
This is horse crap.

Yes I agree, it is a real problem. I might have called it bullshit, but horse crap will do

FACT....The NUMBER of people reaching affluence is increasing.

True. And the percentage of the poor is increasing at the same time. The MIDDLE is hollowing out.

There is NO SUCH THING as wealth distribution.

What a silly thing to say.

hat's rather like saying there is no heat distribution in the world, or there is no population distribution in a nation.

The zero sum game is a myth.

Not that I ever mentioned a ZERO SUM GAME, but let me ask you lad...is every dollar you have in competition with every other dollar every other person has for the the resources in the world?

As a matter of fact they are.
Wealth does not exist in a vacuum.

Who ever suggested that it did?

There is no 'share'..There is no 'pie'...

Yes there is no interaction, there is no macro economy, the world is flat, the checks in the mail etc etc.

Really lad, you are making ZERO SUM GAME sense

Wealth is created.

Yes it is. By human labor.

So what?

They are accumulating a smaller and smaller portion of the wealth that they create

Who is to blame?

Themselves. The savings rate is at all-time lows. Then again, maybe this is a good thing. They are much better off keeping their money in the stock market than sitting inside of a bank today.

Why would you think their savings rate is very low?

Unlike previous generations where you earned your pay and had money left for savings, workers now have no savings but accumulate credit debt when an unexpected expenditure comes up.

This is horse crap.
FACT....The NUMBER of people reaching affluence is increasing.
There is NO SUCH THING as wealth distribution.
The zero sum game is a myth.
Wealth does not exist in a vacuum. There is no 'share'..There is no 'pie'...
Wealth is created.

Who is to blame?

For a moment, let us stipulate that what you claim is true.
The blame? Easy. That falls squarely on the shoulders of those who create it.
How is this done? Also simple. Those who live beyond their means. By spending too much of their wealth on 'wants'.
BTW, define 'working Americans'...Keep in mind that 'working' is NOT exclusive to those in blue collar occupations.
Here's an example of one of those who make a very good living yet have no 'accumulated wealth'....
I have a friend who works a lot of hours. His income is well into the six figures. He is blue collar.. Hourly. Plenty of OT..
He is married, his wife does not work. They have two young children.
His wife has a problem with poor money management. She spends on impulse.
The girls both compete in cheer leading. He told me that the schedule or travel, fees, lodging, meals and fuel will be roughly $8,000. There is also a $500 per month charge for the girls to attend tumbling and practice. That is an additional $6,000 per year.
He told me that despite his income, they have no savings.
Now, is poor money management MY problem?
Is it MY problem when someone buys too much house?
Is it MY problem is someone must have toys?
Is it MY problem is someone makes a very good living only to squander their money on trips, toys and cars?

I have a friend......

Therefore, his story applies to the whole population

Who is to blame?

Themselves. The savings rate is at all-time lows. Then again, maybe this is a good thing. They are much better off keeping their money in the stock market than sitting inside of a bank today.

Why would you think their savings rate is very low?

Unlike previous generations where you earned your pay and had money left for savings, workers now have no savings but accumulate credit debt when an unexpected expenditure comes up.

Still making excuses for the poor money management of others.

If you don't live within (meaning below) your means then you will never ever be able to save money.

It's not rocket surgery.

Who is to blame?

How is this done? Also simple. Those who live beyond their means. By spending too much of their wealth on 'wants'.
BTW, define 'working Americans'...Keep in mind that 'working' is NOT exclusive to those in blue collar occupations.
Here's an example of one of those who make a very good living yet have no 'accumulated wealth'....
I have a friend who works a lot of hours. His income is well into the six figures. He is blue collar.. Hourly. Plenty of OT..
The girls both compete in cheer leading. He told me that the schedule or travel, fees, lodging, meals and fuel will be roughly $8,000. There is also a $500 per month charge for the girls to attend tumbling and practice. That is an additional $6,000 per year.
Is it MY problem is someone makes a very good living only to squander their money on trips, toys and cars?

I have a friend......

Let's talk averages since that's all you care about.

The average slob has no idea what he spends his money on every month.
The average idiot spends more time planning a vacation than he does planning his retirement savings

I guess all those rich people came up with a plot to make that happen.

I have a friend......

The average idiot spends more time planning a vacation than he does planning his retirement savings

Was there a plot?
Maybe, maybe not

But what we got was historically low tax rates on the wealthy. Lower tax rates on capital gains than earned income. All in the name of the mythical "Supply side economics"

Yes, America
Give more money to the wealthy and you will see prosperity for all. Think of money trickling down to all Americans......Did I ever tell you the one about a poor person never giving you a job? Trust me it will work.....you just have to be patient

Guess what? It didn't work
The wealthy just kept the extra money. Why is anyone surprised

So, the million dollar question is....Why do we continue this failed policy?

I have a friend......

Was there a plot?
Maybe, maybe not

But what we got was historically low tax rates on the wealthy. Lower tax rates on capital gains than earned income. All in the name of the mythical "Supply side economics"

Yes, America
Give more money to the wealthy and you will see prosperity for all. Think of money trickling down to all Americans......Did I ever tell you the one about a poor person never giving you a job? Trust me it will work.....you just have to be patient

Failed policy? Letting people keep more of their hard earned money is a failed policy? WOW cmon comrade tell us what you really feel. Why don't you just "take" the money? Why demand distributions to yourself, man up and take it. Stop crying that someone won't do your theft for you.

Last edited:
I have a friend......

Was there a plot?
Maybe, maybe not

How does the tax rate of the so called wealthy reduce the income of the so called poor?

BTW we have historically low tax rates on the bottom level of incomes as well, something conveniently ignored by you.

Yes, America

Letting people keep their money is not the same as giving them money. However refundable tax credits that exceed the amount of taxes actually paid is giving people money.

And where did the so called wealthy keep their extra money?

They invested it making it available for use by others. They saved it making it available for use in the economy.

Was there a plot?
Maybe, maybe not

Yes, America

Failed policy? Letting people keep more of their hard earned money is a failed policy? WOW cmon comrade tell us what you really feel. Why don't you just "take" the money? Why demand distributions to yourself, man up and take it. Stop crying that someone won't do your theft for you.

Awwww.........

Anyone who threatens the continued redistribution of wealth from the working class to the wealthy must be a COMMIE

Was there a plot?
Maybe, maybe not

Yes, America

Awwww.........

Anyone who threatens the continued redistribution of wealth from the working class to the wealthy must be a COMMIE

No one is taking your money. You like most people are voluntarily pissing it away.

Awwww.........

No one is taking your money. You like most people are voluntarily pissing it away.

The working class should be fighting for government to break up the third world markets for labor. Only then will good paying labor jobs come back. Till then our working class will have to fight for scraps at the table. Why they blame the rich for this is no one's guess. It's their government who is in charge of breaking up monopolies. Not the evil rich who are funded through corporations by our very own 401k investments.

Was there a plot?
Maybe, maybe not

Yes, America

Awwww.........

Yes, comrade anyone who argues for distribution of wealth by force by their government, is a communist. If it looks like a duck, smells like a duck, waddles like a duck, and quacks like a duck it's probably a duck.

Last edited:

Awwww.........

Yes, comrade anyone who argues for distribution of wealth by force by their government, is a communist. If it looks like a duck, smells like a duck, waddles like a duck, and quacks like a duck it's probably a duck.

Who has said anything about forcibly taking their money?

I only advocated discontinuing policies that are not working

Is "Commie" really the best you can bring to the discussion?

Awwww.........

Who has said anything about forcibly taking their money?

I only advocated discontinuing policies that are not working

Is "Commie" really the best you can bring to the discussion?

Discontinuing what policies? The policies of freedom?

9 Out Of 10 Americans Are Completely Wrong About This Mind-Blowing Fact - YouTube

Check out this video. What we believe is reality in wealth distribution isn't even close. The top 1% own 40% of the nations wealth while the bottom 80% own 7% of our nations wealth. 7%!

I don't understand how anyone can defend this.

That was the situation before the Great Depression. It's a poker party and one player controls the majority of the chips. The other players must barrow to keep playing or quit because they've run out of money.

Awwww.........

The working class should be fighting for government to break up the third world markets for labor. Only then will good paying labor jobs come back. Till then our working class will have to fight for scraps at the table. Why they blame the rich for this is no one's guess. It's their government who is in charge of breaking up monopolies. Not the evil rich who are funded through corporations by our very own 401k investments.

Our federal government has placed us among the most business hostile nations of the world. The only ones that are worse are those that have lost control to anarchists and warlords who prey upon the weak and some mostly European nations that have so regulated their individual worlds that their economies and societies have stagnated and are in slow but steady decay.

The more regulation, taxation, and government mandates the government puts on private enterprise, the more countries like India, South America, China, South Korea, etc. look like much more attractive environments in which to do business.

A government that protects and promotes unions that are in business for the union and doesn't give a damn about profits - a government that over regulates, comes up with more and more mandates, that increasingly punishes success and rewards incompetence and failure - is not likely to attract a lot of new opportunities for the people who will continue to suffer the consequences and won't have a lot of hope that things will turn around.

Last edited:

Our federal government has placed us among the most business hostile nations of the world. The only ones that are worse are those that have lost control to anarchists and warlords who prey upon the weak and some mostly European nations that have so regulated their individual worlds that their economies and societies have stagnated and are in slow but steady decay.

The more regulation, taxation, and government mandates the government puts on private enterprise, the more countries like India, South America, China, South Korea, etc. look like much more attractive environments in which to do business.

A government that protects and promotes unions that are in business for the union and doesn't give a damn about profits - a government that over regulates, comes up with more and more mandates, that increasingly punishes success and rewards incompetence and failure - is not likely to attract a lot of new opportunities for the people who will continue to suffer the consequences and won't have a lot of hope that things will turn around.

The regulations are ridiculous. Even more ridiculous is allowing goods to be produced in foreign lands and then sold here in competition with our own goods without having to be burdened by these same regulations. If we are allowed to compete on the same playing field we'll do just fine. If we have to compete with folks that work for pennies on the dollar and without any regulatory hindrance... we are screwed.

Forum List

Back