8th Grader arrested and suspended for wearing NRA T-Shirt to school

bullshit!!!

Try it at your school and see what happens. Once the police arrive, I advise you to not make any sudden movements.

Number one, I wouldn't threaten anyone in public and number 2, I have serious doubts that a school superintendent would act on your advise, of even consider you credible enough to take your call.

A terrorist threat? Really Fake! You really should find a reliable laxative. You're full of it.

Yup, it happened. And that you don't like it makes it even better. Vet this page https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclie...09,d.cGE&fp=5de4b0d2ab4588f0&biw=1691&bih=894

Last edited:
If a student refuses to follow a teacher's instruction, and that resistance becomes vocal, yes, call the police.

What's the crime, asshole

Hi, my little communist bripatricia: the police were called to make sure it did not evolve into a worse crime. If the student was told to cease and desist, and the student refused, the crime of public disorder has occurred. The arrival of the police prevented the student assaulting the teacher and being beaten down as a result.

Disobeying a teacher is not a crime, turd. There can't be a "worse crime" when no crime has been committed.

BTW, it has already been established beyond all possible doubt that you are the senile commie who got caught posting communist propaganda published by official organs of the Cuban government to this forum.

The contrary of that, then, bripat, would be that you would approve of the teacher beating the student?

The difference is that the one happened in a tax-supported public institution sanctioned and governed by the laws of the land.

Your hypothetical is parent-child relations in the home. Different game, different rules.

One of my daughters did require a serious intervention of awareness training: straighten up or a six-month no-furlough internment at a psychiatric hospital for teenagers who just don't get that they are not in charge. Bright child: she got it. That was almost twenty years ago. She and her little ones are going with me to the petting zoo on Saturday.

You're the one who needs to be interned in a psychiatric hospital, Fakey. In fact, I think that's where you currently are right now.

posting communist propaganda published by official organs of the Cuban government to this forum.

. . . as several sources from right to left in a thread where you posted ONLY Communist front propaganda from WHO.

You will lose on this every time, bripatcommunist.

bripat9643 said:
You're the one who needs to be interned in a psychiatric hospital, Fakey. In fact, I think that's where you currently are right now.

That is why no one takes you seriously at all. :lol:

Unfrikking believeable.

I would guess that a Teacher and School Administrator were Liberal Gun Grabbers and still butthurt over the Gungrabber bills losing in the Senate so they took their anger out on this young man.

8th grader gun T-shirt arrest: Arrest for NRA t-shirt has a father outraged - Jacksonville Top News | Examiner.com

New details on the 8th grader gun T-shirt arrest story have came in. Jared Marcum, an eighth grade student who attends Logan Middle School in West Virginia, has been arrested because he wore an NRA T-shirt. On April 19, Yahoo! revealed that the boy was suspended and is now facing charges for wearing the shirt to school which contained an image of a gun printed on it with the words "Protect Your Right."

After getting in a dispute with a teacher at the school, Marcum was arrested. He was shocked when he was arrested and he told WBOY that he didn't think there would be an issue.

“"I never thought it would go this far because honestly I don't see a problem with this. There shouldn't be a problem with this," Marcum said.

Jared's father Allen Lardieri is outraged at his 8th grade son's gun T-shirt arrest arrest and he told the local media,

“"I don't' see how anybody would have an issue with a hunting rifle and NRA put on a t-shirt, especially when policy doesn't forbid it," Lardieri said.

According to Logan Middle School, there policy regarding dress is as follows:

“"A student will not dress or groom in a manner that disrupts the educational process or is detrimental to the health, safety or welfare of others. A student will not dress in a manner that is distractive or indecent, to the extent that it interferes with the teaching and learning process, including wearing any apparel that displays or promotes any drug-, alcohol- or tobacco-related product that is prohibited in school buildings, on school grounds, in school-leased or owned vehicles, and at all school-affiliated functions."

The boy's father, Allen Lardieri, doesn't believe that the shirt violates the policy. He later said,

“"I will go to the ends of the earth, I will call people, I will write letters, I will do everything in the legal realm to make sure this does not happen again."

Jared Marcum was released, however the student is facing charges which include obstruction and disturbing the education process.

I wonder if the school allows those pro-gay T-Shirts?

liberals are such incredible morons.

Why is it a commie like bripat and a weirdo like Ernie S have trouble obeying the law?

What is ignored here is that the NRA does advocate violence.

A shirt that says NRA on it advocates violence and doesn't belong in school but it sounds like the kid got into some sort of altercation with the teacher. A kid that age can be the size of an adult. Teacher was right, parent is wrong.

Yet you probably supported the woman who was taken off an American Airlines flight last may for wearing this tee-shirt.

wombt.jpg

Gays aren't shooting people.

A 13-14 y/o has no business getting into a physical altercation with a teacher who had no way of knowing if he had a gun in his backpack. Remember - gun nutters have sent guns to school with their minor children.

The school was right to protect ALL students.

And NRA members are not shooting people.

You brain dead?

A shirt that says NRA on it advocates violence and doesn't belong in school but it sounds like the kid got into some sort of altercation with the teacher. A kid that age can be the size of an adult. Teacher was right, parent is wrong.

Yet you probably supported the woman who was taken off an American Airlines flight last may for wearing this tee-shirt.

wombt.jpg

That's funny! Depends on what the rules are for American Airlines. There is no free speech when engaging a company's product: in this case, airline travel.

Following the illogic of the people supporting the teacher in this topic, a teacher can demand a student remove an Obama T-shirt just because the teacher disagrees with his politics.

The teacher’s motives or actions didn’t justify the student’s response, hence the arrest. If the student perceived the teacher’s actions as wrong, that should be for his parents and the school administration to determine, not the student.

A shirt that says NRA on it advocates violence and doesn't belong in school but it sounds like the kid got into some sort of altercation with the teacher. They're becoming as looney as tea baggers.A kid that age can be the size of an adult. Teacher was right, parent is wrong.

Nothing wrong with the NRA or wearing a shirt with it's logo and I've never seen the NRA advocate violence. Keep cheering for these gun grabbers till we get like England where nobody can own a gun. These are the issues that are turning me away from voting democrat anymore. If the school didn't want to deal with these issues then maybe require school uniforms.

Gays aren't shooting people.

A 13-14 y/o has no business getting into a physical altercation with a teacher who had no way of knowing if he had a gun in his backpack. Remember - gun nutters have sent guns to school with their minor children.

The school was right to protect ALL students.

And NRA members are not shooting people.

You brain dead?

Yes, he is. But then, that would presuppose he had a brain in the first place.

wombt.jpg

That's funny! Depends on what the rules are for American Airlines. There is no free speech when engaging a company's product: in this case, airline travel.

Exactly! There IS in public schools. The school had no right to suspend and arrest the boy for wearing a tee-shirt.

wombt.jpg

Correct.

Schools are public sector, subject to the Bill of Rights; private companies, not.

Following the illogic of the people supporting the teacher in this topic, a teacher can demand a student remove an Obama T-shirt just because the teacher disagrees with his politics.

The teacher’s motives or actions didn’t justify the student’s response, hence the arrest. If the student perceived the teacher’s actions as wrong, that should be for his parents and the school administration to determine, not the student.

The student's response to his 1st amendment rights was completely justified up and until the point of physical confrontation.
It's unclear exactly who escalated the situation to the point where police were needed. If it was the boy, he was wrong, but will likely not be prosecuted because of the likely lawsuit over the violation of his civil rights. If it was the teacher who escalated, this will become VERY expensive for the school district and the teacher.

The student's response to his 1st amendment rights was completely justified up and until the point of physical confrontation.
It's unclear exactly who escalated the situation to the point where police were needed. If it was the boy, he was wrong, but will likely not be prosecuted because of the likely lawsuit over the violation of his civil rights. If it was the teacher who escalated, this will become VERY expensive for the school district and the teacher.

The teacher's first amendment rights as a teacher precedes that of students.

Check it.

Once the boy is told to sit down and be quiet, it's over.

wombt.jpg

Exactly! There IS in public schools. The school had no right to suspend and arrest the boy for wearing a tee-shirt.

If not in violation of school policy that is equally applied, you are right.

But if the boy got loud and vocal, then he falls under public safety procedures.

Forum List

Back