81% rate hike for Obamacare - enough yet?

Total bullshit, of course. Why even bother someone who is so eager to lie? The insurance companies are forced to raise premiums on people like me to subsidize parasites like you.

The ACA forces insurance companies to cheat people like me. Why would insurance companies raise prices on customers who can pay for the benefit of customers who can't pay if it wasn't for the government forcing them to? How do they gain by subsidizing deadbeats?
They always did, but now the deadbeats pay SOMETHING and get preventive medicine.

No, they did not "always did."
You paid for the "deadbeats'" ER care.

So deny deadbeats ER care. I'm not buying their booze or drugs, I'm not paying for their toilet paper and shampoo, I'm not paying their electric bill or paying to put gas in their car, why should I pay for their damn health insurance?
Try reality. The courts say you can't let them die...Nations and people are judged by how they treat the poor.

When are the poor going to start making an effort to do for themselves. People are judged on how well they are willing to fulfill their personal responsibilities. Why are the poor so unwilling to do so?

Where did I mention a tax? The fact is Obamacare includes 11 taxes, if I remember correctly. Furthermore, the rates of people like me are jacked up to pay the subsidies for losers like you. The government has not always been involved in regulating the healthcare industry. That didn't start until the 1960s, and when it did the price immediately started going up. That's what happens when government pokes its nose in things where it doesn't belong.
Seems to be you were complaining about paying for some else to get health insurance.
What you pay for insurance had zero to do with subsidies. The subsidies were aid through funding generated by the ACA. Just how fucking stupid are you?

Total bullshit, of course. Why even bother someone who is so eager to lie? The insurance companies are forced to raise premiums on people like me to subsidize parasites like you.
it is the providers that charge more because ogf the uninsured
I guess operating a legal business is more expensive than cheating your customers so it's the governments fault for making companies not cheat and you want to return to allowing companies top cheat their customers.

The ACA forces insurance companies to cheat people like me. Why would insurance companies raise prices on customers who can pay for the benefit of customers who can't pay if it wasn't for the government forcing them to? How do they gain by subsidizing deadbeats?

Actually, it is the providers that charge more because of the uninsured, not the insurance companies. Without the ACA, there would be millions more of the uninsured. The ACA makes people pay at least a percentage of their income for insurance, insurance that pays for treatments especialy high cost ones.

You don't pay for the subsidies unless you are paying the ACA funding taxes. I doubt you are.

I doubt you're man enough to prove it, NL.

Funny chgit from a dumbass Trumpette

Typical refusal by an Obama NL.

They always did, but now the deadbeats pay SOMETHING and get preventive medicine.

So deny deadbeats ER care. I'm not buying their booze or drugs, I'm not paying for their toilet paper and shampoo, I'm not paying their electric bill or paying to put gas in their car, why should I pay for their damn health insurance?
Try reality. The courts say you can't let them die...Nations and people are judged by how they treat the poor.

When are the poor going to start making an effort to do for themselves. People are judged on how well they are willing to fulfill their personal responsibilities. Why are the poor so unwilling to do so?
People getting subsidies on the exchanges are WORKING. How many fucking times do I need to tell you assholes? Are you really this stupid or what.

Or they don't pay at all nor pay the fine because they're deadbeats.

I have a solution. Stop subsidizing deadbeats, stop providing them with something they're unwilling to provide for themselves, and if you care as much as you claim, you provide it to them with your money. If you can't, I guess they're out of luck.

Those who get subsidies are working dumbass.

Never said they weren't. Working has nothing to do with being a deadbeat in this case. They're a deadbeat because they're unwilling to provide themselves what they should be providing despite working.

It's the same as a deadbeat dad not paying his child support. He may or may not be working. What makes him a deadbeat is that he isn't doing what he's supposed to be doing for his kids.

Are you claiming all those getting subsidies are working?

These are working people whose employer is not offering health benefits. They can't afford a policy on the individual market. They can with the savings in the exchanges with some help from subsidies.

Your buddy must be quite the deadbeat because he doesn't want to buy any health insurance.

It's not my problem if their employer doesn't provide it or they can't afford it nor it is anyone else's responsibility to offset it for them when those don't happen.

Hate to break it to you but if they're getting a handout, THEY are still not buying it. Someone else is helping but it for them.

What buddy? All my friends have health insurance and none of them rely on the taxpayers to provide it for them. I don't hang around freeloaders. You enable the freeloaders to be freeloaders. Perhaps you're one yourself. Birds of a feather.

You said they made no effort. I was merfely correcting one of your stupid posts....again.

Do you have any idea what it costs to buy an insurance policy as an individual & not part of a large group?

Seriously it's ridiculous.... health Care was cheaper before and the reason poor don't get good care is due to privatization of Hospitals....in fact it was easier and better care

Yup.

81%

Health Insurers in Idaho Request Premium Rate Hikes As High As 81%

Health care insurers in Idaho have requested premium rate hikes as high as 81 percent for next year, according to the state's Department of Insurance.

The five insurers serving the individual market in Idaho are Blue Cross of Idaho Health Service, Mountain Health Co-Op, PacificSource Health Plans, Regence BlueShield of Idaho, and SelectHealth.

For all plans, insurers requested rates ranging from a low of 25 percent to a high of 51 percent for a combined average statewide rate increase of 38 percent. For Obamacare's popular Silver plan, the average rate increase among all insurers was even higher at 50 percent, with one insurer requesting a high of 81 percent.

"I am deeply disappointed and frustrated to share these rates," said Dean Cameron, who directs the department. "I understand how difficult it will be for Idahoans to afford reasonable coverage, especially those without a subsidy."

Some victims of The "Affordable Care" Act (read "Obamacare) are now paying more for health insurance than for their house mortgage/tax escrow montly. For some having deciding whether to have "affordable health care" or a place to live.

Congratulations liberals (off both parties)! You're quickly achieving the goal of turning Americans into welfare drones - 'cause then they get Obamacaid (Medicaid) ffor free. Well, free to THEM but straight out of YOUR pocket.
Why isn't the GOP doing something about providing reasonable rates for people?
Oh right they failed miserably after 7 years of complaining about the ACA..

no... because your "story" is a lie.

d'uh...

We got a 110% rate hike in Arizona last year. I guess that was Trump's fault too, right Obamabots?

Many Arizona marketplace watchers believed that Arizona’s benchmark rates during the first three years of the Affordable Care Act were artificially low, as some insurers priced plans far below competitors in an attempt to capture a larger market share.

Arizona had the third-least-expensive benchmark rates in 2016 among 44 states and Washington, D.C., according to a U.S. Department of Health and Human Services report released last October.

That changed this year as six of eight health insurance companies exited Arizona’s marketplace, leaving only two marketplace insurers. Every county except one had just one insurer.

Consumers seek relief as 'Obamacare' rates rise

So let me explain to you quite simply - compared to the rest of the country Arizona rates were TOO LOW compared to what was spent on healthcare in your state. Competition TOOK PLACE and whatever insurance company was willing to take the biggest losses now cornered the market and hiked up the prices. Welcome to Capitalism.

They WOULDN'T be able to do that if Public Option was available. ACA also provides subsidies that insulate most people from these hikes as their costs cannot be more than 10% of their income.

In 2018 Arizona will enjoy another hike based on on the priced-in uncertainty Republicans and Administration have brought to the market - ENJOY!

People getting subsidies on the exchanges are WORKING. How many fucking times do I need to tell you assholes? Are you really this stupid or what.

Then they should be paying for the costs of their own coverage, ALL OF IT. How many fucking times do I need to tell you that their lack of something doesn't constitute someone else being forced to fund it?

Yup.

81%

Health Insurers in Idaho Request Premium Rate Hikes As High As 81%

Health care insurers in Idaho have requested premium rate hikes as high as 81 percent for next year, according to the state's Department of Insurance.

The five insurers serving the individual market in Idaho are Blue Cross of Idaho Health Service, Mountain Health Co-Op, PacificSource Health Plans, Regence BlueShield of Idaho, and SelectHealth.

For all plans, insurers requested rates ranging from a low of 25 percent to a high of 51 percent for a combined average statewide rate increase of 38 percent. For Obamacare's popular Silver plan, the average rate increase among all insurers was even higher at 50 percent, with one insurer requesting a high of 81 percent.

"I am deeply disappointed and frustrated to share these rates," said Dean Cameron, who directs the department. "I understand how difficult it will be for Idahoans to afford reasonable coverage, especially those without a subsidy."

Some victims of The "Affordable Care" Act (read "Obamacare) are now paying more for health insurance than for their house mortgage/tax escrow montly. For some having deciding whether to have "affordable health care" or a place to live.

Congratulations liberals (off both parties)! You're quickly achieving the goal of turning Americans into welfare drones - 'cause then they get Obamacaid (Medicaid) ffor free. Well, free to THEM but straight out of YOUR pocket.

BUT WHAT SPECIFICALLY CAUSED IT?

Idaho blames Trump for big Obamacare rate increases

Idaho's insurance regulator blasted the Trump administration's unwillingness to pay Obamacare insurers as the reason premiums couldrise by up to 38 percent next year.

Idaho said the proposed increase for silver plans was because of "the potential refusal by the federal government to fund the cost share reduction mechanism."

Insurers are required under law to lower co-pays and deductibles for lower-income Obamacare customers, with the government reimbursing them. But the Trump administration has not decided if it will make the payments in 2018.

President Trump has repeatedly said he wants to let Obamacare implode as a way to get Democrats on board for repealing the law.

Idaho's insurance director, Dean Cameron, said the uncertainty is leading to price increases.

Or they don't pay at all nor pay the fine because they're deadbeats.

I have a solution. Stop subsidizing deadbeats, stop providing them with something they're unwilling to provide for themselves, and if you care as much as you claim, you provide it to them with your money. If you can't, I guess they're out of luck.

Those who get subsidies are working dumbass.

Never said they weren't. Working has nothing to do with being a deadbeat in this case. They're a deadbeat because they're unwilling to provide themselves what they should be providing despite working.

It's the same as a deadbeat dad not paying his child support. He may or may not be working. What makes him a deadbeat is that he isn't doing what he's supposed to be doing for his kids.

Are you claiming all those getting subsidies are working?

These are working people whose employer is not offering health benefits. They can't afford a policy on the individual market. They can with the savings in the exchanges with some help from subsidies.

Your buddy must be quite the deadbeat because he doesn't want to buy any health insurance.

It's not my problem if their employer doesn't provide it or they can't afford it nor it is anyone else's responsibility to offset it for them when those don't happen.

Hate to break it to you but if they're getting a handout, THEY are still not buying it. Someone else is helping but it for them.

What buddy? All my friends have health insurance and none of them rely on the taxpayers to provide it for them. I don't hang around freeloaders. You enable the freeloaders to be freeloaders. Perhaps you're one yourself. Birds of a feather.

You said they made no effort. I was merfely correcting one of your stupid posts....again.

Do you have any idea what it costs to buy an insurance policy as an individual & not part of a large group?

I said they didn't make enough effort. If they're paying for part of it, they should be. If they aren't paying for all of it, they should start.

I have a very good idea of what it cost as an individual or not part of a large group. That doesn't mean anyone else should be forced to offset the costs because of it. If you believe it does and you care as much as you claim to care, do it for them yourself with YOUR money. In other words, their situation is NOT MY PROBLEM.

The USA is the only modern country in the world where full time workers live in poverty and have no health care (750k bankruptcies a year, most HAVE insurance - crap insurance!)After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison EVAH, and in the modern world!! And you complain about the victims? Are you an idiot or an A-hole? :cuckoo:

Just brainwashed...

Last edited:

The USA is the only modern country in the world where full time workers live in poverty and have no health care (750k bankruptcies a year, most HAVE insurance - crap insurance!)After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison EVAH, and in the modern world!! And you complain about the victims? Are you an idiot or an A-hole? :cuckoo:

Just brainwashed...

Seems to me like you have a lot of checks to write on their behalf since you claim to care so much.

How many of those bankruptcies have you personally stopped by paying the costs needed to be paid?
How many of those living in poverty have you personally funded to get them out of poverty?
How many of the kids of these people you say deserve to go to college have you paid the tuition in order for them to do?

In other words, until you do yourself personally what you demand the rest of us do, STFU.

Just brainwashed...

Seems to me like you have a lot of checks to write on their behalf since you claim to care so much.

How many of those bankruptcies have you personally stopped by paying the costs needed to be paid?
How many of those living in poverty have you personally funded to get them out of poverty?
How many of the kids of these people you say deserve to go to college have you paid the tuition in order for them to do?

In other words, until you do yourself personally what you demand the rest of us do, STFU.
That's just stupid bs. I ask you to consider the needs of fellow citizens and to recognize that years of GOP/insurer Big Health gave us the most overpriced and cruel health care anywhere in the modern world. Now we have possible solutions- a framework to cut costs for all, cover everyone, and preventive medicine for the unfortunates. We spend almost twice as much as we should.

You dupes think the rich pay too much in taxes- RW brainwashed idiocy- 35 years now of GOP pander to the rich and cuts in services have wrecked the middle class and the country, all for your greedy idiot billionaire brainwashers' benefit...

Just brainwashed...

I told you yesterday, sell your house and all your stuff and give the money to the government so they can gift free healthcare to these people. Be a leader, lead by example, sacrifice. If you are not willing to then you are blowing smoke.

Just brainwashed...

Typical liberal blowhard, they demand that others sacrifice, not themselves.

Just brainwashed...

That's just stupid bs. I ask you to consider the needs of fellow citizens and to recognize that years of GOP/insurer Big Health gave us the most overpriced and cruel health care anywhere in the modern world. Now we have possible solutions- a framework to cut costs for all, cover everyone, and preventive medicine for the unfortunates. We spend almost twice as much as we should.

You dupes think the rich pay too much in taxes- RW brainwashed idiocy- 35 years now of GOP pander to the rich and cuts in services have wrecked the middle class and the country, all for your greedy idiot billionaire brainwashers' benefit...

OMG the situation is dire, you should empty your bank accounts right away and give the money to the government. Well, go ahead.

Just brainwashed...

I have coverage and have had it my entire working career. Why do you feel the need for the government to do for me what I've already done for myself. My premiums, prior to Obamacare, were ZERO. My out of pocket annual max was $750. I paid little to nothing for what few medications I took. After Obamacare, all that went UP.

I asked you to do for others what you say they deserve. Instead of doing it, you blame me for not wanting to do something YOU believe should be done for others.

Half the people in this country pay zero income taxes and you chastise those that already pay. When are the ones not paying a dime going to start paying SOMETHING?

Just brainwashed...

That's why they're called bleeding hearts. They claim to care so much for others they're willing to let you pay the price.

Just brainwashed...

The nonrich and the country have suffered for 35 years under pander to the rich GOP policy, dupes. The rich need to pay more, the nonrich less, and investment made in infrastructure and the people. DUHHHHHH. Change the gd channel.

Forum List

Back