80,000 Show Up to See Obama

Even if the Decembrists drew 40,000, which in itself is quite UNLIKELY, that's still 40,000 for Obama. Assuming that's the bare MINUMUM, it's still pretty interesting.

Why? What's interesting about it? If he drew a crowd of one, that would just be one loony leftwingbot identified.

Why? What's interesting about it? If he drew a crowd of one, that would just be one loony leftwingbot identified.

I guess the thought of enough people to fill a modern sports stadium to capacity, coming to see a presidential candidate, is interesting.

No more or less interesting than if it were any other candidate. I remember a rally in Philly for Ron Paul where 5,000+ were in attendance. And I though THAT was interesting.

Riverside? As in CA? Like anyone expects anything different from THAT place.

Have to wonder how many were legal residents of the US ....:eusa_think:

This was in Portland, Oregon, where there are no jobs and where the economy totally sucks.

All the north illegals are in Washington state, as Oregon is running them off in droves.....

Obama is praying to Allah that Hillary Clinton does not run as an independent as her supporters want her to! Obama is dirt, a piece of trash, and not even good enough for garden compost when he decomposes!

Good question. Anything more than conjecture and some good old yellow journalism?

Thought not.

Do you even know what yellow journalism means? Thought not.

I had questions about the substandard journalism of the original piece, so I looked up the group to see how popular they were. How is that "Yellow Journalism"? I asked simple questions the original smear job ignored. How is that "Yellow Journalism"?

In your limited intellect, does Yellow Journalism cover any question or critique of a right-wing hit piece? If so, I guess this post, to you, is just more Yellow Journalism.

It's funny, he can draw crowds three times the size of Hillary's campaigns, but he still can't seem to get the votes to win.

Interesting.

It's funny, he can draw crowds three times the size of Hillary's campaigns, but he still can't seem to get the votes to win.

Interesting.

I think Hillary has the older white vote. She's got experience over obama, which is something the older vote seems to appreciate.

And the old vote isn't going to come to meet in a football stadium to listen to their candidate.

Wow, this thread has more hot air than network news!

It's pointless to dispute Obama's celebrity. Do any of us actually put faith in popular opinion? Is it so hard to say "You're right, he is super-popular; I still don't like him?" The mere fact that we seem to talk about nothing but Obama lately seems telling enough.

What? He is leading in the votes. When they are all counted, he will have the number to win. Hillary, for whatever reason, is still fighting on against what will be an almost for sure be a loss at the end.

Does this get her the position of VP or maybe an independent run? Who knows? I think an Obama Clinton ticket will kick McCain's butt all over the place.

The stuff from Hillary about the popular vote is bogus. You can't legitimately count Florida and Michigan because of the problems they had with their early primaries and the dumb actions of the DNC.

I can't count Florida and Michigan, because they did vote. Regardless of whether or not those votes count, the people's votes were still cast. To disregard them is ridiculous.

I'm actually hoping Hillary DOES "Nader" Obama in this election, ensuring a win for McCain. Unfortunately, that would ruin her chances of running on the Democratic ticket in 2012, and that's what I would ultimately like to see from this election season.

You think the Decemberists drew an 80,000 person crowd?

Hmm...free, I guess means nothing to you. No, I'm not saying 80,000 showed up for the concert, but it should have been mentioned by the msm.

Nah... that was Newsbusters intent though. While I agree the concert should have been mentioned, perhaps good ole newsbusters should have toldwhat the largest crowd the band ever drew before (on their own) was... you know, just for giggles. (I don't know the answer btw, though I know they're doing a festival coming up),

Maybe, the media should have mentioned the concert and then stated Obama's largest crowd has been.......

Hmm...free, I guess means nothing to you. No, I'm not saying 80,000 showed up for the concert, but it should have been mentioned by the msm.

As one of the 500,000 people who were at Central Park to see Simon and Garfunkle in 1981, I understand the value of free. As one of the tens of thousands of people at the VFC concerts, I know how musical acts can attract audience, at least when the acts are Bruce Springsteen, REM, Eddie Vedder and John Fogarty. I also know the Decembrists aren't Springsteen or REM. Could they have been responsible for 10,000 bodies in seats? Sure. But not 80,000. Not HALF of 80,000. So was it worth a mention? Yeah, probably in the interest of full disclosure. But I don't think it changes anything, because ultimately, the story is that a presidential candidate got 80,000 people into one place.

I don't get it actually. In fact, it makes me really uncomfortable. But I wouldn't diminish it's importance either.

You mean like the conjecture and yellow journalism that opines that the crowd was there for a band most people haven't heard of?

Whether or not you have heard of the band is irrelevant. Apparently, they are quite popular in Portland. They were all listening to grunge music when no one else had ever heard of it, but it became mainstream soon enough.

There is no conjecture on my part. The MSM reported 80k showed to see Obama. That is not the truth, period.

The truth is 80k showed to see Obama, the Decemberists or both, a fact which the MSM conveniently left out. I have not speculated on how many came to see who, or both, nor did I say 80k came to see the Decemberists.

The lie of omission is on YOUR side, not mine. Your attempt to turn my words back on me not only is not applicable to anything I said, it's weak as Hell.

Whether or not you have heard of the band is irrelevant. Apparently, they are quite popular in Portland. They were all listening to grunge music when no one else had ever heard of it, but it became mainstream soon enough.

There is no conjecture on my part. The MSM reported 80k showed to see Obama. That is not the truth, period.

The truth is 80k showed to see Obama, the Decemberists or both, a fact which the MSM conveniently left out. I have not speculated on how many came to see who, or both, nor did I say 80k came to see the Decemberists.

The lie of omission is on YOUR side, not mine. Your attempt to turn my words back on me not only is not applicable to anything I said, it's weak as Hell.

I don't have a "side", Gunny, I'm perfectly capable of taking positions on both sides of the aisle, as you well know.. you really need to stop that, particularly with me. It's getting a bit old.

I gave my opinion. And, btw, I DO know who the Decembrists are. But they've never attracted that kind of crowd. So again, if you'll stop chewing on tacks and trying to spit them out at me... I said it probably should have been in there, if only to shut up the wingnuts, but I still think that misses the story.

Do you even know what yellow journalism means? Thought not.

I had questions about the substandard journalism of the original piece, so I looked up the group to see how popular they were. How is that "Yellow Journalism"? I asked simple questions the original smear job ignored. How is that "Yellow Journalism"?

In your limited intellect, does Yellow Journalism cover any question or critique of a right-wing hit piece? If so, I guess this post, to you, is just more Yellow Journalism.

Hate to point it out to you, 'tard, but I'm quite schooled in journalism, and know EXACTLY what yellow journalism is.

The original article is unethical and unpreofessional as it fails to present all the facts in order to lead the reader to specific conclusion ... that 80k showed to see Obama.

If you need me to school your uneducated ass about anything else in regard to the topic of journalism, be sure and let me know, counselor. Otherwise, stick to lawyering. Your career in journalism is off to a major flop from the get-go.

Forum List

Back