8 myths about tranny genital mutilation

It's a free Country and if you can afford it you can mutilate yourself in very creative ways. Just don't expect me to pay for it.

This is something like 10 threads in 3 days about transexuals.

Is there something you're trying to tell us Steve?

:eusa_whistle:

Not surprisingly the writer didn't dispel the myths he cited in the beginning. Went on to other things he could argue against. But it remains only cosmetic, and for at kleast some 'trans' people it IS a psychological disorder thus they need counselling, not surgery. It's called body dysmorphic disorder, the belief you were born into the wrong body. Related to annorexia where you believe you're too skinny extending all the way to actually misperceiving yourself. This one I'm familiar with intimately having gone through a mild version of it myself when at my skinniest was 156lbs @ 6'2". Seeing pictures of myself from then, I can see what people were alarmed about, you could see my ribs and heart beating within my chest.

In people think they'd be happier the opposite sex, sorry but that's not possible. They can make you look like the other sex, but if how you look defines your happiness that's more a psychological issue than anything else. I don't oppose the idea, just the misconceptions being perpetuated unchallenged about it.

It IS medically necessary because transgendered people are often depressed, and many of them attempt suicide. Having the surgery allows them to live happier lives. Of course, I am sure you would prefer that they kill themselves.

That's like saying a nose job is medically necessary if you think you are ugly. Trannies are miserable people, severely mentally ill. Do you know any? I do. Nothing can make them happy because they are so mentally ill.

Wouldn't go that far. I think much of their problems lie in self-esteem issues. They've been rejected socially and romantically and have mistakingly come to the conclusion they'd be more accepted or successful as the other sex - grass is greener thing. But rather than putting foward the notion that if they become trans they'll be happier, should try instead to address the underlying causes of why they feel as they do.

It's just more of how western medicine treats only the symptoms, and not the actual causes of things. Rather than counsel them and help them come to see how they're feeling is misplaced, we give them a treatment as with SRS. But all that's going to do is give them a false sense of happiness without ever bothering to treat the underlying psychological issue(s).

Forum List

Back