7th Circuit Court Upholds Wisconsin Voter ID Law

Do you have a clue what the word integrity means? If not look it up... You conveniently have over looked the links I provided. You are condoning fraudulent voting which makes you un-American...

This has nothing to do with that voter fraud occurs, uncommonly.

Denying people who are citizens a reasonable opportunity to register is unAmerican.

WI got the law right: OH, NC, PA, and TX got it wrong.

Ole SFB's jillian ran away from this op like freight train passing a tramp... :bye1:
She's one of the less intelligent posters (and I'm being kind).

Jillian follows me around on USMB and put 'funny' after many of my posts. If she thinks that bothers me she is wrong. Isn't there some kind of reward on USMB for getting X number of awards? If there is, she is adding to my total. I find it rather amusing.

Yes, after you get so many you can change them in for a small fry at Wendy's. lol
What?

No small frosty?

I'm incensed.

Discrimination is what it is.

Hey,moron...You do realize (probably not because, ........well because you ARE a moron) that you're citing cases from EIGHT YEARS AGO???

At that time, the wicked witch, Scalia ran the SC.....but NOW, the wicked witch is DEAD.

Good news for Wisconsin.

Appeals Court keeps strict voter ID law in place in Wisconsin

A federal appeals court on Friday declined to soften Wisconsin's strict voter ID law.

The court's decision likely means that, barring intervention by the U.S. Supreme Court, the strict ID measure will be in place in a key presidential swing state, where it could make voting much harder, especially for racial minorities and students.

In July, a district court ruled that Wisconsin must soften its law by allowing voters who were unable to get ID to sign an affidavit attesting to their identity. Earlier this month, a three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit blocked that ruling from going into effect for the November election. On Friday afternoon, the full appeals court unanimously upheld the panel's decision, after an appeal from voting rights groups.

The appeals court noted that in a separate challenge to the voter ID law, a court had required Wisconsin to make IDs as easy as possible to obtain, including by giving out temporary IDs at DMV offices. As a result, the appeals court found, the affidavit option is unnecessary to ensure that voters aren't disenfranchised.

View attachment 87317

Why New Photo ID Laws Mean Some Won't Vote

Hey,moron...You do realize (probably not because, ........well because you ARE a moron) that you're citing cases from EIGHT YEARS AGO???

At that time, the wicked witch, Scalia ran the SC.....but NOW, the wicked witch is DEAD.

Must be valid laws as they have stood the test of time, peckerbreath...

.....and when in 2017-2018 the Supreme Court with justices appointed by Clinton, reverses these Scalia-inspired right wing rulings, you will what??? ...............Cry? Burn a cross? Bitch? Moan?......LOL

Back to Wisconsin.......

Florence Hessing, Bayfield, Wis.

At age 96, Florence Hessing is disabled, rarely leaves her home and votes by absentee ballot. She has a driver's license that expired a few years ago. She wrote to the state asking the requirements for obtaining a new photo ID under the state's recently enacted voter ID law. The response she received outlined the requirements and included a $28 fee — which angered Hessing because she expected the ID to be free.

Hessing first had to come up with a birth certificate. She wrote to Iowa, where she was born, but the state had no official record.

"I think that's a shift if I can't vote," Hessing said in an interview. "It'd feel like I was thrown out."

Ruthelle Frank, Brokaw, Wis.

Like Hessing and Mitchell, Frank, 84, was denied in her application for a new voter ID because she lacked a birth certificate. She was born in Wisconsin, has lived in the same home for 83 years and never had need of the document.

"After I was married, we made several trips into Canada. I used my baptismal certificate to cross all the time," Frank said. "That's all I ever needed."

She called her county's registrar of deeds, to no avail. The state's vital records office managed to find her birth certificate, but there were other problems — both her parents' names were misspelled, rendering the document invalid.

"In order to get it corrected, I'd have to amend it. And it would cost $200," Frank said. "I decided I didn't want to spend $200 for the right to vote because I've always thought the right to vote was free. I don't think it's fair."

Like you are crying now... no ma'am not my style...

Not crying.....just looking forward to sanity......

Liberals welcome the fact that ALL US citizens should be able to vote.....

Conservatives just want old, white evangelicals to vote and keep minorities as far away from polling booths as possible.

Pennsylvania Republican: Voter ID Laws Are ‘Gonna Allow Governor Romney To Win’

Pennsylvania Republican House Leader Mike Turzai (R-PA) finally admitted what so many have speculated: Voter identification efforts are meant to suppress Democratic votes..................

Pennsylvania Republican House Leader Mike Turzai (R-PA) finally admitted what so many have speculated: Voter identification efforts are meant to suppress Democratic votes..................

Have a link peckerbreath?

Need an ID to buy things, need an ID to cash a "gubermint" welfare check...need a "gubermint" ID for this and that, need a "gubermint ID" to get into Barrypuppetcare, need a "gubermint ID to buy a gun but leftards say that you don't need one to vote.......how fucking STUPID is the leftard clown posse? Let me count the ways......oh wait...I just did.....

.....and when in 2017-2018 the Supreme Court with justices appointed by Clinton, reverses these Scalia-inspired right wing rulings, you will what??? ...............Cry? Burn a cross? Bitch? Moan?......LOL

Another retard, remind us again when the SCOTUS ever reverses a past case?

Liberals and mental masturbation fantasy always crack me up.

Hey peckerbreath do me solid... Hold your breath till these laws are reversed... Upside is the Blueman Group is hiring... :biggrin:
Yep, Citizen's will be gone by 2020; I don't think HL will be reversed though it will be narrowed.

Forum List

Back