75% Say Health Insurance Mandate Unconstitutional

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
In a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll of the nation's dozen top battleground states, a clear majority of registered voters call the bill's passage a bad thing and support its repeal if a Republican wins the White House in November. Shocked? I'm not.

With the Supreme Court set to hear arguments in March on the constitutionality of the Democrat health care law’s mandate that every person buy health insurance, the USA Today/Gallup Poll finds huge majorities of voters consider that mandate unconstitutional. Nationwide, 75% consider it unconstitutional, and 76% in swing states agree.

In its own analysis of national numbers, Gallup writes, “Americans overwhelmingly believe the ‘individual mandate,’ as it is often called, is unconstitutional, by a margin of 72% to 20%. Even a majority of Democrats, and a majority of those who think the healthcare law is a good thing, believe that provision is unconstitutional

Missouri Political News Service

Is anything unconstitutional when you no longer have a constitution.

Hey, with The New Messiah bypassing Congress why are wasting money on congressional salaries and health benefits? We could easily tear down the U.S. Capitol and put up a parking lot for Obama's illegal czars.

I can agree that it's unconstitutional. But so is forcing hospitals and healthcare providers to treat people who can't pay. If they can't pay or show a means of being able to pay, fuck em. Tell them to find a way to pay or forget about getting any treatment. Gunshot wound? Better be carrying your insurance card, otherwise they let you bleed out. There is no reason that those of us that choose to pay for insurance or have the ability to pay for our own medical care should have to pay penny one for those low lifes who refuse to pay for insurance. We need to make this clear that we don't want freeloaders being treated. If you choose to save money because you don't think you're going to get sick, then don't expect the insured to pay for your sorry ass.

But see, that's not how it works. I'm curious how many who are insured think that people who refuse to buy insurance should receive treatment if they can't pay. We shouldn't be able to force people to buy something they don't want, but damn, why the fuck should those who do choose to make sure they are covered have to cover everyone who decides it's not in their best interest to pay the monthly premium for insurance?

Forum List

Back