7 Years

Hobbit

Mar 25, 2004
Near Atlanta, GA
Exactly seven years ago today, at 7am, I went into the hospital surgury ward to have a cancerous tumor removed from my saliva gland. Seven years today, cancer free. Two years ago, I celebrated being officially cured, but it still doesn't really feel that way. My cheek is still numb from the surgury. The saliva and sweat gland nerves are crossed, resulting in perspiration while I eat (and probably salivation while I'm hot, but I'm not sure). Oh well. I decided a long time ago that I wouldn't make a big deal. Now, I get close parking and a luminary at the Relay for Life, as well as an invitation to the survivors' banquet the night before, and I imagine this day isn't going to be one I forget any year for the rest of my life.

I was 15.

Ironically, I feel about the same way right now as I did that day. Not emotionally, but physically. I got a concussion the other night from falling pans at work, so I feel, to a lesser degree, the grogginess and disorientation I felt that day. Wierd, huh?

Congrats, bro!!

Even though it's actually 7 years and one day :D

From and including: Saturday, May 30, 1998
To and including: Monday, May 30, 2005

It is 2,558 days from the start date to the end date, end date included

Or 7 years, 1 day including the end date

:p:

- All the best to you!

-=d=- said:
Congrats, bro!!

Even though it's actually 7 years and one day :D

From and including: Saturday, May 30, 1998
To and including: Monday, May 30, 2005

It is 2,558 days from the start date to the end date, end date included

Or 7 years, 1 day including the end date

:p:

- All the best to you!

Nah, your logic's fuzzy. When determining elapsed time, the starting point does not count. It was exactly seven years between 7 a.m. Friday, May 30, 1998 and 7 a.m. Monday, May 30, 2005.

Right now, it's about 1 o'clock. It's been 1 day since 1 o'clock p.m. May 31, 2005. It's been approximately 24 hours, 1 day. By your logic, that would count as two days.

Forum List

Back