7 States Sue over Contraception Mandate. It's not just the Catholics, OBUMMER!

Sorry, but there is a difference between being able to offer such a benefit and being forced to do so. I would agree that it costs less to provide BC coverage than for a certain percentage of the staff to be pregnant at any given time, but then that certain percentage is going to happen naturally anyway.

I'm sorry you think "freedom" is a joke. Maybe that is why this country has gone to hell in a hand basket.

Immie

Well, no, it's going to hell in a handbasket because stupid people think that the rich getting away with fucking murder (literally) needs to be allowed in the name of "Freedom".

The Catholic Church (an organization that knowingly sheilded pedophiles for decades) is insisting that it has a right to impose its moral beliefs on its employees. Even if said employees are not working specifically in the religion end of their business or are even members of their faith.
The rich aren't getting away with squat...only Big Gubmint circumventing the First Amendment.

I agree. Freedom is not a joke and must be defended BY the people at all times...the cost of being a citizen...the Founders warned us. Shame it had to come to such monumental circumstances for some to wake up.

The Founders were a bunch of rich slave holders who didn't want to pay their taxes, so we can kind of stop canonizing them now.

This isn't an issue of freedom. It's an issue of contract law. If employers are going to offer health insurance as a condition of employment, then they should not be trying to impose their morality on their employees unless it is job related.

Which this isn't.

Always something that amazes me about some on the right.

They give up their unions, agree to dumb ass free trade treaties, trade a pension for a 401K, and instead of being mad at the people who cheated them, they are mad at the people who didn't go along with the gag.

It's like an arsonist burns down your house, but instead of demanding the arsonist be brought to justice, you insist they have to burn down your neighbor's house, too.

One sided idiocy..

CONGRATS

Dude, I would love to go back to what my Father had. he belonged to a union, brought home good union wages, was able to raise five kids in a nice Chicago Neighborhood, and own a little fishing place in Wisconsin. Mom only had to work part time, she could spend time with the kids. OH, yeah, and his insurance was top-notch.

I'm really not sure why you think this was sooo horrible, or why you think destroying those middle class wages so the rich could get greater returns on their investment was good for the middle class, family values or the country as a whole.

I am personally horrified that we have record numbers of people on food stamps, but I'm even more horrified that 40% of those people have jobs. They are making the effort.

I would like to go back a few centuries myself., but to our dismay time marches forward and the concerns shift. The union leadership is the mob.

Now back to a previous post in which you fell back to one of your debating tactics of projection.

WHO THE FUCK AM I VOTING FOR?

The rich aren't getting away with squat...only Big Gubmint circumventing the First Amendment.

YOu realize "gubmint" is how we make fun of you dumb rednecks, right?

Sorry, when a rich insurance company denies coverage to a 17 year old girl (who subsequently dies) and pays its CEO 73 million, that's about as close to getting away with murder as you can get.

No first Amendment issue here. The first Amendment only protects the right of INDIVIDUALS to practice religion, not the right to impose your religious views on others.

The Church was all for ObamaCare when they saw the big dollar signs of more patients and more payments. Don't get whiny now because you have a few strings attached to the business arrangement.

One sided idiocy..

CONGRATS

Dude, I would love to go back to what my Father had. he belonged to a union, brought home good union wages, was able to raise five kids in a nice Chicago Neighborhood, and own a little fishing place in Wisconsin. Mom only had to work part time, she could spend time with the kids. OH, yeah, and his insurance was top-notch.

I'm really not sure why you think this was sooo horrible, or why you think destroying those middle class wages so the rich could get greater returns on their investment was good for the middle class, family values or the country as a whole.

I am personally horrified that we have record numbers of people on food stamps, but I'm even more horrified that 40% of those people have jobs. They are making the effort.

I would like to go back a few centuries myself., but to our dismay time marches forward and the concerns shift. The union leadership is the mob.

Now back to a previous post in which you fell back to one of your debating tactics of projection.

OH, well, you're clearly a Ron Paul whackadooodle... but that's besides the point.

I'm not sure why you would want to go back "a few centuries", excatly. I kind of like clean water, modern medicine and technology.

The unions meet thuggery with thuggery. Shouldn't be that way. In much of the world, it isn't. In Japan and Germany, the Unions are actually part of running the companies. (and not surprisingly, they are beating the pants off of us and have been for decades.)

Sorry, but there is a difference between being able to offer such a benefit and being forced to do so. I would agree that it costs less to provide BC coverage than for a certain percentage of the staff to be pregnant at any given time, but then that certain percentage is going to happen naturally anyway.

I'm sorry you think "freedom" is a joke. Maybe that is why this country has gone to hell in a hand basket.

Immie

Well, no, it's going to hell in a handbasket because stupid people think that the rich getting away with fucking murder (literally) needs to be allowed in the name of "Freedom".

The Catholic Church (an organization that knowingly sheilded pedophiles for decades) is insisting that it has a right to impose its moral beliefs on its employees. Even if said employees are not working specifically in the religion end of their business or are even members of their faith.

Funny, but people like you are the ones that are insisting that people participate in murderous actions such as dispensing medication that may stop a pregnancy and you accuse others of getting away with murder?

And you are not being honest what so ever when you state the Catholic Church is imposing their moral beliefs... All the Church seems to be saying is that they will not spend their money (they pay the premiums on the insurance) in order to do something that they believe is wrong. It is people like you that are imposing your beliefs upon others.

Immie

OH, well, you're clearly a Ron Paul whackadooodle... but that's besides the point.

I'm not sure why you would want to go back "a few centuries", excatly. I kind of like clean water, modern medicine and technology.

The unions meet thuggery with thuggery. Shouldn't be that way. In much of the world, it isn't. In Japan and Germany, the Unions are actually part of running the companies. (and not surprisingly, they are beating the pants off of us and have been for decades.)

:lol: SO IN THE REAL WORLD YOU HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE.

Now we know for fact you are a big government guy who doesnt mind giving up liberty.

So before you mouth off you might consider how many will come forward in agreement.

I agree. Freedom is not a joke and must be defended BY the people at all times...the cost of being a citizen...the Founders warned us. Shame it had to come to such monumental circumstances for some to wake up.

The Founders were a bunch of rich slave holders who didn't want to pay their taxes, so we can kind of stop canonizing them now.

This isn't an issue of freedom. It's an issue of contract law. If employers are going to offer health insurance as a condition of employment, then they should not be trying to impose their morality on their employees unless it is job related.

Which this isn't.

Why can't employers only offer policies that don't offer things they don't want to offer? Should the Catholic Church be forced to provide a policy that provides abortions? Don't answer that, as I can already guess that you will say "Hell Yes!"

Immie

Immie

Funny, but people like you are the ones that are insisting that people participate in murderous actions such as dispensing medication that may stop a pregnancy and you accuse others of getting away with murder?

And you are not being honest what so ever when you state the Catholic Church is imposing their moral beliefs... All the Church seems to be saying is that they will not spend their money (they pay the premiums on the insurance) in order to do something that they believe is wrong. It is people like you that are imposing your beliefs upon others.

Immie
Joey IS showing his duplicity, isn't he?

Good call.:clap2:

Which this isn't.

Why can't employers only offer policies that don't offer things they don't want to offer? Should the Catholic Church be forced to provide a policy that provides abortions? Don't answer that, as I can already guess that you will say "Hell Yes!"

Immie
He already has.

Now we know for fact you are a big government guy who doesnt mind giving up liberty.

So before you mouth off you might consider how many will come forward in agreement.
He has a plethora of USMB Leftists backing him.

And my state is included God Bless her! :eusa_angel: Whoo hoo! :dance:

Seven state attorneys general sued the Obama administration Thursday over its order requiring some religious employers to cover birth control in their employees’ healthcare plans.

In the suit, the states argue that the White House infringed on the religious freedoms protected by the First Amendment.

“This violation of the [First] Amendment is a threat to every American, regardless of religious faith,” Nebraska Attorney General Jon Bruning said in a news release. “We will not stand idly by while our constitutionally guaranteed liberties are discarded by an administration that has sworn to uphold them.”The attorneys general from Florida, Michigan, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina and Texas also joined the lawsuit.
Seven states sue over contraception mandate - The Hill's Healthwatch

This is why Obama hates the Constitution. Because the Constitution allows States to fight back against an overreaching unConstitutional move like this!

I love it!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

The left seems to believe that people have a right to insist that other people pay for their mistakes or behavior. There is a growing number of people who think they are entitled to just about everything. If you're a tax payer, you are screwed. We are the ones who get punished at every turn. I think the day will come when we are an endangered species. Why work at all if it doesn't benefit you?

So many here should just check their liberties at the door.

Immie

Hell, yeah.

I wish the Catholic Church would show as much outrage and concern about pedophile priests in their employ as they seem to be about whether their employees are wearing little rubber thingees when they had sex.

Not a left-right issue for me.

I don't think the Church should be able to impose their morality on me just because they hired me to do a job.

If the law allows them to do that, we should change the law.

You can't have "freedom of religion" unless you have "freedom from religion".

I don't think the Church should be able to impose their morality on me just because they hired me to do a job.

They are not. If you work for them, you can go out and buy your own insurance.

Immie

What morality issue. You want the church to pay for something they oppose.

Use your money.

Has zero of left-right...but sticking to Liberty as guarnteed in the Constitution protecting Life, Liberty Property as God -Given rights for no man to take away.

It's called doing the right thing and letting the excercise weigh on the conscience of that individual practicing his/her right regardless.

You seem to belive it is for government to decide.

YOU couldn't be more wrong in your explination. You are wanting your cake and eating it too.

They are not. If you work for them, you can go out and buy your own insurance.

Immie

And if the Church gave them additional pay to the equivlent of what they are paying in insurance, that would be fine.

The Church and other employers don't do that.

If health insurance is a benefit, then you can't use it to get into people's personal life.

Forum List

Back