7 Million dollars tax break to Carrier for 800 jobs

The cost of federal regulation neared $2 trillion in 2014, according to a new report by the Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI).

The CEI in the fake news Washington Free Beacon is nothing - the research is too vague to be meaningful since they do not attempt to take into account the benefits of regulations.

There is no distinction between necessary and unnecessary regulation. It is not a true study when it ignores the benefits savings of regulation.

You want killed or injured workers in the workplace. You want fishing areas overfished or polluted.

You want premature death and health problems caused by air pollution.

You want predatory banks ripping off consumers use of credit cards.

Here we go again ----

The article says NOTHING about the impact of government regulations. It was never intended to. Its sole purpose was to define the financial impact of government regulation compliance.

As for the rest of your nonsense ... that's exactly what it is ... nonsense.

Spare_change, post: 16018732
The next time you see an ad on tv for medicine, pay attention to the "possible side effects" portion of the ad. Notice, first, that the volume is increased during this part. Notice also the requirement that ALL potential side effects are listed. Notice the amount of time it takes to relay this information to the consumer. Notice how much this costs.

Nice diversion.

Carrier does not produce pharmaceuticals.

Same people want to know the side effects.

Now provide that list of regulations that forced Carrier to move 1300 jobs to Mexico and get praised by Trump in doing so.

They are going for cheap labor. You know it. Regulations have nothing to do with it. They are keeping 830 jobs in the US. How can they do that with unbearable regulations? How's come their competitors can build HVAC equipment in the US under the massive burden of US REGULATIONS.?

Spare_change, post: 16018732
The next time you see an ad on tv for medicine, pay attention to the "possible side effects" portion of the ad. Notice, first, that the volume is increased during this part. Notice also the requirement that ALL potential side effects are listed. Notice the amount of time it takes to relay this information to the consumer. Notice how much this costs.

Nice diversion.

Carrier does not produce pharmaceuticals.

Same people want to know the side effects.

Now provide that list of regulations that forced Carrier to move 1300 jobs to Mexico and get praised by Trump in doing so.

They are going for cheap labor. You know it. Regulations have nothing to do with it. They are keeping 830 jobs in the US. How can they do that with unbearable regulations? How's come their competitors can build HVAC equipment in the US under the massive burden of US REGULATIONS.?

Incredible ... absolutely fucking incredible.

SMH

Indiana agrees $7 million tax break to keep Carrier jobs in state: company

Actually about 800 jobs are being saved. The tax payers of Indiana pick up the tab.

Here's the whole story dipshit.

How Donald Trump got Carrier to stay

And this one is from CNN.

Before calling anybody a dipshit, you might want to read the whole link. None of it is good from a Trumpie perspective. None of it.

Oh I think it was a good deal for both side. And you are still a sore loser dipshit.

Just for you, you dumb slapper. I've even bolded the important parts to get it through your dumb skull. And it's from your own link. How dumb can you get? oh, that's right, you're a Trumpie voter....makes sense

But experts say the state incentives are more likely window dressing.

Most research indicates that economic development incentives rarely change a firm's behavior, according to Nathan Jensen, a professor at the University of Texas. "They are a subsidy to a company with little value to society. Our research shows that offering incentives is a great way for politicians to take credit, or minimize blame, for company decisions."

Even though this package of incentives isn't a lot of money, the practice is worrisome from a policy perspective, Jensen said.

"It's clearly a small deal. But you have a business that made a threat getting $7 million it doesn't need," Jensen said, "while there are small businesses paying the full tax rate." He added that "there's the concern that this only encourages more companies to make this kind of threat to move, if not to Mexico then to another state."

Even some conservatives said they didn't like the idea of an incoming administration getting this involved in negotiations to save one company, especially one with such a minimal impact on the overall economy. They say it smacks of government interference in the marketplace, which they think is a bad idea.

"It makes sense for a president and his team to change a tax code, change the regulatory environment to help businesses," Douglas Holtz-Eakin, president of the American Action Forum, a conservative Washington think tank, told CNN. "I'm not a big fan of this kind of negotiation. I think the more limited it is the better."

Exactly, it takes competition away, makes it harder for smaller companies to do well, and benefits the RICH. What a surprise, the rich giving to the rich, again.

Only in libtard America is "tax breaks" losing money.

I admit that you are right, which is why I know that you don't mind paying taxes, even though Trump and I don't!

Try again with clarity, honestly.

Well, in honesty, I have no idea what you want me to say. I will keep it a simple as possible. Neither Trump, nor I, pay federal income tax, and you do. We both appreciate that. Hell, somebody has to pay the military!

Every Republican President in history caused massive Job Killing Recessions equal to number of 4 year terms they serve. Only 1 in 3 Democrats Presidents had recession & they created jobs for over 19 out of every 20 years.
EVERY one, huh?

Got to love your generalizations --- especially when they're false and unprovable.

It's a proven fact!

There was one who was shot & died soon after taking office before the Job Killing Recession He & His VP Caused. But like I said 4 year term & you have to be a total repubtard to hold that up as a success!

Looks like Spare_change will be pan-handling in the Burn Ward. You smoked that idiot on every post. She packed up her tin cup & went begging elsewhere instead of backing anything she said.

I was attempting to read through the HVAC regulations of the Obama administration (starting in 2008, another modification in 2011 and 2013, and the latest in 2015) all related to EPA regulations. I fell asleep in my chair... The PDF I had been reading was like 300 pages of regulations and various requirements manufacturers and installers have to comply to.

I thought about linking the PDF when I woke up, but I know damn well no one here is even going to really attempt to read it so what's the point?

Ya'll don't want to know, you prefer to say "pfft it's not so bad" because it doesn't fit your agenda to agree that the regulations are out of control and are a deciding factor that is driving businesses to less regulated countries.

Carry on with your misconceptions and ignorance.

EDIT: here -- http://www.economist.com/node/21547789

"Every hour spent treating a patient in America creates at least 30 minutes of paperwork, and often a whole hour. Next year the number of federally mandated categories of illness and injury for which hospitals may claim reimbursement will rise from 18,000 to 140,000. There are nine codes relating to injuries caused by parrots, and three relating to burns from flaming water-skis."

Yep, flaming water skis...

Last edited:
Bush Exported Manufacturing Jobs.
Clinton & Obama Created, Imported & Saved Manufacturing Jobs

fredgraph.png

Its sole purpose was to define the financial impact of government regulation compliance.

That is what I responded to. The study did not consider the beneficial impact of regulation on society and businesses.

It's like bitching about the traffic laws and how much modern highways and traffic lights and guatdrails cost and painting lines on roads to a Federal Standard but never admitting the utter chaos and the cost of that immobility and highway deaths and lack of popularity of buying personal cars would cost.

To you President Eisenhower spent billions on the interstate highway system and all the regulations on the books to fund it, to buy land and construct and maintain it and make it safe are some kind of ridiculous burden on business and society.

You cant even respond to anything resembling my arguments and points.

You divert and ramble like the best of the Trumpist Party.

EverCurious, post: 16021375
I was attempting to read through the HVAC regulations of the Obama administration (starting in 2008, another modification in 2011 and 2013, and the latest in 2015) all related to EPA regulations.

You are unable to type one EPA related regulation ON HVAC manufacturers that you found that could possibly force a company like Carrier to move to Mexico.

Whatever furnace they build in Mexico would have to meet the same regulations to sell here just like every foreign manufacturer would have to do to sell here.

And not one of you mole hills into mountain Trumpists can explain why several of Carrier's competitors do not leave the country because of regulations, taxes and wages. They stay and you would rather bitch molehills into this massive mountain of regulations most of which you would become thoroughly pissed if the government failed to regulate the things they are required to do.

If Carrier sold you a furnace and it burned your house down and killed your family and pets I'd expect you and your regulated insurance company would sue. Carrier goes bankrupt thousands of jobs are lost everywhere.

Just name one bad HVAC regulation on Manufacturers and post it here.

You listed something about flaming skis.

Carrier does not make skis.

Last edited:
Spare_change, post: 16020573
Incredible ... absolutely fucking incredible.

Yes my arguments are so correct you have absolutely no rebuttal to them.

Did the Pence deal define some HVAC related regulations that will be removed so that Carrier now can keep 830 jobs in Indiana?

You know regulations have nothing to do with Carrier betraying American workers for cheap Mexican workers.

You cannot explain why several of Carrier's competitors can sell HVAC equipment made in America.

You are stepping out of the Trumputopia fake news world when you post here. And it shows just how incompetent and Ill-prepared you are to discuss matters in the real world.

No regulations have been waived in Indiana. It is just the Trumpborg mindset, like the millions of fraudulent votes that Hillary got. In Trumpworld, nothing has to be backed up with facts.

Well, if it says so in the Washington Times, it MUST be so. Although I was somewhat distracted by the article on the top 10 handguns in the USA and the Bitter Legacy of the Party of Obama articles, not to mention the Art of the Deal with Boeing and some other non-partisan journalism praising things that Trump has uttered which is now considered scripture.

Forum List

Back