7 Million dollars tax break to Carrier for 800 jobs

Will those former Democrat voters ever forgive democrats for their fury at the employees not losing their jobs?

If there is anything glaring out of this, it's an exhibition of the hatred and contempt democrats have for middle class voters.

Will those former Democrat voters ever forgive democrats for their fury at the employees not losing their jobs?

If there is anything glaring out of this, it's an exhibition of the hatred and contempt democrats have for middle class voters.

How will the 1,300 people who lost their jobs because Trump didn't save them vote next election cycle?

How will the 1,300 people who lost their jobs because Trump didn't save them vote next election cycle?
What a weird spin. But I thought the tax RELIEF was 700,000 or $700 per employee. How would losing their tax and spending help the economy?

What a weird spin. But I thought the tax RELIEF was 700,000 or $700 per employee. How would losing their tax and spending help the economy?

Are you replying to me? What does that have to do with what I said? Sure Trump may have back peddled on his statement about not letting companies threaten him into tax breaks to save jobs... and saved 1,000 jobs. But the bargain he made still allowed the company to cut 1,300 jobs and close a factory.

Are you replying to me? What does that have to do with what I said? Sure Trump may have back peddled on his statement about not letting companies threaten him into tax breaks to save jobs... and saved 1,000 jobs. But the bargain he made still allowed the company to cut 1,300 jobs and close a factory.
So this "job saving" was really just a slight of hand to cover up the extortion and the loss of 1300 jobs. Drumpsters have been fooled yet again. :laugh:

So this "job saving" was really just a slight of hand to cover up the extortion and the loss of 1300 jobs.

Yep pretty much, and a publicity stunt. It also helps the company save face. Notice all the articles start off talking about how Trump saved jobs... and you have to read deep into them to figure out that 1,300 jobs are still moving to Mexico and a plant in Huntington, IN is closing?

So is President Trump going to flying around the country offering tax breaks and threatening to place tariffs on any company that considers moving out of the US. Carrier's parent company makes jet engine for the military. I expect Trump also threatened to take that away from them.

I guess bullies bully....

Here's a thought. How about slashing the Corporate Income Tax or eliminating it altogether and then we don't have to worry about this anymore. Foreign companies would be moving here.

Indiana agrees $7 million tax break to keep Carrier jobs in state: company

Actually about 800 jobs are being saved. The tax payers of Indiana pick up the tab.

You were fine throwing away $9.2 billion on bailing out the auto industry.

So this "job saving" was really just a slight of hand to cover up the extortion and the loss of 1300 jobs. Drumpsters have been fooled yet again. :laugh:

Another slight of the hand by the Master Carnival Barker!

My post has everything to do with what you said and going even weirder doesn't help. I heard many of his speeches and never heard him say companies won't threaten him into tax breaks. Nor was it only about taxes. They would likely lose the government contracts. For most companies that's the golden goose.

I don't know what the fuck you are bitching about. Trump didn't run to be God. You make no sense.

My post has everything to do with what you said and going even weirder doesn't help. I heard many of his speeches and never heard him say companies won't threaten him into tax breaks. Nor was it only about taxes. They would likely lose the government contracts. For most companies that's the golden goose.

I don't know what the fuck you are bitching about. Trump didn't run to be God. You make no sense.

What is so hard for you to understand? Trump said he wouldn't let companies push him around and bow to giving them tax breaks to stay here. He said he would threaten them with huge taxes if they moved jobs to Mexico. Now has already bowed to them and given a tax break to stay, and at the same time let them move more jobs than he saved to Mexico and even close a factory.

So is President Trump going to flying around the country offering tax breaks and threatening to place tariffs on any company that considers moving out of the US. Carrier's parent company makes jet engine for the military. I expect Trump also threatened to take that away from them.

I guess bullies bully....

If you did not have any problem with the Auto Industry Bailout then you should not have any problem with what is going on with Carrier, but you do for some reason.

It is not unusual for States to offer tax breaks to corporations to move their facilities to a state, so why would it be strange to offer breaks to keep a company there!?!

Would you prefer those people to lose their jobs so you can whine about how Trump could not prevent Carrier from moving to Mexico which is out of the country and pay their labor for the fraction of the cost!?!

It seem Trump and Pence will be damn if they do and damn if they don't with those like you!

Actually about 800 jobs are being saved. The tax payers of Indiana pick up the tab.

Well thats just different...since it was barry doing it.
Actually it was Bush. Obama just went along because a national industry will effect more than just the state of Indiana.

Well thats just different...since it was barry doing it.

Hmmm the auto bail out saved about 1,5 MILLION jobs. This one save 1,000 jobs. Let's compare....

Forum List

Back