600-lb Woman Dies...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by bayoubill, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Luddly Neddite

Luddly Neddite Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,541
    I went through same with my family as well as extreme abuse, beaten, burned with cigs, locked in closet for days. Everyone is obese except me and that made me the freak, the outcast. Three out of my four sibs are dead, two were related to obesity, one in a motorcycle accident but he was also obese, hypertensive, diabetic.

I haven't seen my "baby" sister since the 80s but her Facebook photo is horrifying. She openly says she hasn't been in her own kitchen in many years and her husband has to help her the bathroom and bathe her. I just cringe and shudder when I think of that.

Most recent death, much younger sister - the last time I saw her, I watched her eat an entire key lime pie. Like you, I can't eat desserts or candy. It actually scares to think about.

Yes, it informs your entire life.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

2. Tipsycatlover

Tipsycatlover Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,967
    I locked myself in the closet. I had a hook and eye that I put in the closet so i l could lock it from the inside.

My favorite is cherry pie. I can have a piece, but if I see the whole pie I can't eat even the piece.

When my mother died she had lost both legs. The first amputation was due to gangrene. My folks did not believe in doctors. She was in a coma for 3 months. Of course she lost an enormous amount of weight. Her skin just hung on her. When she was able to get out of the hospital in a wheelchair she started shoveling in the food. My Dad supplied cakes, pies, doughnuts, candy candy. She put the fat on but her sagging skin remained over the newly acquired fat. She looked alien. When the remaining leg was taken also from gangrene it also took an apron of sag.

When she died I stopped eating completely. I ended up in the hospital. What saved me was weight training.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Yarddog

Yarddog Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,313

Well, its still kinda sad, hate to think of somebody going that way.

Then there's this guy.

upload_2017-4-2_0-12-0.png

You'd think with Millions of dollars at stake, the guy would take the weight seriously.

4. BoSoxGal

BoSoxGal Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +531

5. miketx

miketx Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,990
    I knew a guy at work that weighed over 500 pounds. I had lost a lot of weight (over 100 pounds) and he was interested in how I did it. I told him I stopped eating all the junk food I used to eat, ate more veggies, cut out most of the sweets, and stopped eating at night and stopped drinking beer, plus I walked 5 miles a day at work and rode a bike on my days off. I asked him what he normally ate for supper and he said, 4 double meat cheeseburgers, 2 fries two pies and a coke. And that was just ONE meal.

6. QuickHitCurepon

QuickHitCurepon Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,781
    They wanted to be the blob.

[​IMG]

7. Tipsycatlover

Tipsycatlover Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,967
    Nonsense. Food addicts may prefer sweets because they taste good but a food addict will eat anything. It's not the quality it's the quantity. There is something in them that can't or won't stop eating. A food addict will eat a pound of butter, alone.

I don't believe in sugar addiction. I believe in chocolate cravings. I don't know a woman that has never had a chocolate craving.

8. BoSoxGal

BoSoxGal Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +531
    Science isn't something you get to 'believe' - it just is. This has been studied by endocrinologists and using MRI mapping of the brains of people 'on' sugar. It absolutely IS addictive - just like caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, opiates. It absolutely DOES cause a physical detox reaction in the body when quit - just like caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, opiates. And just like all of those substances, some people are more easily badly addicted than other people are, through biological processes not yet fully understood.

Sugar is fucking poison, and should be eaten only in VERY modest quantities.

This is a long video, but worth watching for those interested in the biochemical process by which sugar damages and ultimately destroys the body's organ systems. This endocrinologist also discusses how sugar is addictive and how like any other addictive substance, must be consumed by the addict in greater and greater quantities to get the desired 'high'.