Brit nurse suicide over phone call

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by whitehall, Dec 8, 2012.

1. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,733
    My wife reminded me that most women who endure morning sickness in the early stages of pregnancy quietly puke in a bucket but members the Royal Family spend a couple of highly publicized days in the hospital. Most Americans have seen enough downright disrespectful music videos and Monty Python stuff aimed at the monarchy during the years to make it seem as if the Brits have gotten over their love affair with the monarchy but I guess not. It seems that a Brit nurse who was duped by an Aussie news station to believe that a phone call came from the Queen Mother and gave out confidential information regarding Prince Phillip's wife Catherine became so distraught at the revelation (and perceived disrespect to the royal family) that she killed her self.

2. ThirdTerm

ThirdTerm Severely Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +118
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVtJj8kzLns]Anger at Aussie Radio Station Over Royal Hoax - YouTube[/ame]

3. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    :cuckoo:

Seems to me the nurse had other issues... Wow.

4. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    I find all the outrage quite disgusting and completely hypocritical. When the story first broke about the hoax, we heard that the hospital was looking into it. People on the outside thought it was a bit funny. I don't recall hearing any outrage by anyone. Nobody was saying that the hoax was an absolutely terrible thing to do. Everyone was pretty much just laughing at the joke, BECAUSE IT WAS FUNNY!!!!

But then this nurse offs herself, and all of a sudden, this hoax is now criminal. The hosts should be fired and possibly face a firing squad. The change in reaction is comical if not sad, and it is all because this nurse was unstable to begin with and decided that her life was no longer worth living. I truly hope these DJ's don't feel any responsibility, because they didn't cause this woman to kill herself. She was fucked in the head to begin with.

5. Noomi

Noomi Ninja Kicker Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,878
    I am pretty much disgusted with the way the damned Brits are acting over this. If you listen to the tape, you would know that you'd have to be fucking retarded to have fallen for it. She did, and who the hell cares?

She didn't kill herself because she got pranked, she killed herself because she had unresolved mental health issues, and the British media would have hounded her - just like they hounded Diana.

It was a joke, it was an obvious joke, and both DJ's have to live with the knowledge that their call may have pushed this woman over the edge. They'll be haunted for life and I think that is more than enough. They are also in intensive counseling because there have been death threats made against them.

The Poms want them arrested (it may be a Federal offense to tape a conversation without permission, and also to broadcast it), Scotland Yard want to talk to them, and even the Yanks are saying they are outraged - what the fuck does America have to do with this? Nothing!!

I wish people would direct their anger at where it belongs - the British media, and the obviously appalling lack of security procedure at this hospital.

6. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,594
    She had the same problem my mother had carrying my brother: her morning sickness was so bad she couldn't keep ANYTHING down. My mother had to be hospitalized because she was dehydrated to the point of danger.

The nurse was not a Brit...I think she was Filipino. One reason she fell for it: English was not her primary language.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  7. Too Tall

Too Tall Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +219
    I may have missed it, but the way I heard it, the nurse that offed herself was working the telephone switchboard, and all she did was forward the call to another nurse who then gave out the confidential info.

Am I wrong?

8. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,870
    Granny says, "Dat's right - extradite dey's sorry butts...
    :cool:
    British police contact Australian police over hoax
    9 Dec.`12 — British police say they have contacted Australian authorities about a possible investigation into an Australian radio station's hoax call to a U.K. hospital.

9. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,733
    It's hard to get through the Brit media B.S. so I guess we will have to wait until the story plays itself out. It's interesting that a lot of people blame the poor nurse who obviously can't defend herself. The Brits are hurting economically just like we are but they continue to support the birthright of the royal family like a damn soap opera.

10. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,334
    No law was broken.....it was just a joke, all in good fun

Personally, I find it funny when Radio shock jocks get fired and nobody will hire them