60 Percent Of Americans Soon Will Live In States With Marriage Equality

Marriage equality means equal legal benefits. It will never mean marriage.

Except to those who get married of course.
Calling it marriage does not make it marriage. Just like calling your son a girl doesn't make his Dick disappear.

No, it doesn't. This applies to straight people, it applies to anyone.

Marriage is two people who are together and want to be together and work well together.

The 50% divorce rate in the US suggests there are plenty of married people who really aren't married, but just happen to have a legal status that says they are.

But then you have gay people who are married, who work well together and who can't get the legal side of it or the recognition and the rights and privileges that go with that.

Also, for gay people as a whole, rather than individuals, being taken as EQUAL is also important.
FW is awarded three Katyushas.

You can send them to my forwarding address.

The lawyer for the gay marrige folks was on Fox News Sunday....talking about same sex couples in love...as if love was the basic reqirement. Is it?

Generally, if you get married without any love it could be considered fraud.

Kody Brown and his four consenting wives don't need to worry about that. They can get married today in any of the states where gays are forcing gay marriage via attrition and the conservative-Court-fostered "legislation via legal limbo". No law is viable in order to stop them. County clerks must issue them marriage licenses today or face discrimination lawsuits.

Kody Brown and his four consenting wives don't need to worry about that. They can get married today in any of the states where gays are forcing gay marriage via attrition and the conservative-Court-fostered "legislation via legal limbo". No law is viable in order to stop them. County clerks must issue them marriage licenses today or face discrimination lawsuits.

So what? Why do you care what they do? Are you going to be one of his wives?

The lawyer for the gay marrige folks was on Fox News Sunday....talking about same sex couples in love...as if love was the basic reqirement. Is it?

I am under the impression that gay marriage has a love component but that same sex marriage avoids that emotion....like two guys who love fishing and want to leave their boats and poles to one another if they die...

I am under the impression that gay marriage has a love component but that same sex marriage avoids that emotion....like two guys who love fishing and want to leave their boats and poles to one another if they die...

So... you're basically pointing out you're ignorant of what goes on in a gay relationship, yet you still feel the need to tell them what to do?

So... you're basically pointing out you're ignorant of what goes on in a gay relationship, yet you still feel the need to tell them what to do?
FW gets one more Katyusha.

FW gets one more Katyusha.

Great, now all I need is for someone sense to be made.

It's not how I feel about it. It's how all those millions and millions of housewife voters in the middle with a lukewarm support for gay marriage that you and political strategists should be caring about..

It's a little logic problem that won't escape their attention. It goes like this "IF" gays get the right to marry "AND" the democratic party appears to be 100% behind this. "AND" gays marrying means polygamists can marry too "THEN" that means they'll either have to agree to another wife, probably younger, probably prettier, or their husband will file for divorce and marry a woman who is into that if he feels the urge to...um..."enjoy the new permissive marriage leeways"..

Pretty sure that means "THEREFORE" they won't vote democrat this November.

If I was a GOP strategist trying to not piss off anymore of the tens of millions in the middle who now believe the republican party is in on forcing gay marriage on their state by attrition, I'd simply come out strong against gay marriage...*take the risk!* [of netting tens of millions of votes in approval] and have a group of right-leaning polygamists apply for a marriage license in any one of the states now with a defunct description [open door to any consenting adults] of marriage.

Easy peasy. Sip lemonade and watch out for that avalanche of votes pouring in . For the 2016 "pick-me-up" surge, just remind voters that dems = the gay agenda, add a dash of polygamy and a pinch of Harvey Milk/Keven Jennings child induction efforts. ..maybe a cup or two of Harvey Milk bio clips...top it all off with some gay pride footage in front of kids and it should be a simple repeat of a landslide haul for the GOP....

...or not...just keep listening to "Cheney's gang's great advice!"...It worked really great in 2012....remember?

chickfilacardrivein_zpsb2be6ae5.jpg

chickfilabagforeground_zps18d52d68.jpg

The total population of those states, based on 2013 estimates from the Census Bureau, is about 190 million. Just over 60 percent of the U.S. population now lives in a state where marriage equality soon will be legal.

And with Millennials coming into the mjority they stand out for voting heavily Democratic and for liberal views on many political and social issues, ranging from a belief in an activist government to support for same-sex marriage and marijuana legalization.

These findings are based on a new Pew Research Center survey conducted
Feb. 14-23, 2014 among 1,821 adults nationwide, including 617 Millennial adults, and analysis of other Pew Research Center surveys conducted between 1990 and 2014.

Millennials in Adulthood Pew Research Center s Social Demographic Trends Project

Not here as yet. Missouri doesn't even have Equal Rights Protections for LGBT yet. Can be refused housing, employment (as well as evicted and fired) just for being gay. Marriage is something of a lower priority. :)

It's not how I feel about it. It's how all those millions and millions of housewife voters in the middle with a lukewarm support for gay marriage that you and political strategists should be caring about..

It's a little logic problem that won't escape their attention. It goes like this "IF" gays get the right to marry "AND" the democratic party appears to be 100% behind this. "AND" gays marrying means polygamists can marry too "THEN" that means they'll either have to agree to another wife, probably younger, probably prettier, or their husband will file for divorce and marry a woman who is into that if he feels the urge to...um..."enjoy the new permissive marriage leeways"..

If I was a GOP strategist trying to not piss off anymore of the tens of millions in the middle who now believe the republican party is in on forcing gay marriage on their state by attrition, I'd simply come out strong against gay marriage...*take the risk!* [of netting tens of millions of votes in approval] and have a group of right-leaning polygamists apply for a marriage license in any one of the states now with a defunct description [open door to any consenting adults] of marriage.

Easy peasy. Sip lemonade and watch out for that avalanche of votes pouring in . For the 2016 "pick-me-up" surge, just remind voters that dems = the gay agenda, add a dash of polygamy and a pinch of Harvey Milk/Keven Jennings child induction efforts. ..maybe a cup or two of Harvey Milk bio clips...top it all off with some gay pride footage in front of kids and it should be a simple repeat of a landslide haul for the GOP....

...or not...just keep listening to "Cheney's gang's great advice!"...It worked really great in 2012....remember?

Why should I care what they think? Do I care about men who walk around in white hoods and carry torches and nooses and what they think about black people marrying? No I don't.

Rights aren't about what housewives think.

You are trying to make the argument that gay marriage will lead to all men going out and having a second wife.

As I said, it should be that the woman has to agree to polygamy anyway. In reality if a man goes and sleeps with another woman, his wife might get a divorce anyway. So how is this any different? It's not. Polygamy isn't suddenly going to be all the rage. I southern Africa polygamy is legal, and yet it's becoming less common.

http://mg.co.za/article/2010-01-11-most-south-africans-against-polygamy-survey-shows

"Most South Africans against polygamy, survey shows"

"Only 18% of those respondents agreed that it was not a problem for a man to have more than one wife."

This in a society where the leader of the country has 5 wives.

So you're basically fumbling around trying to make an argument which can be knocked back easily. Also, you're discounting the ability of a law on polygamy to actually make sure it protects women properly.

But then you like to make really weak links between things.

"If Jim has a donut, the aliens will land" sort of thing.

...you're basically fumbling around trying to make an argument which can be knocked back easily. Also, you're discounting the ability of a law on polygamy to actually make sure it protects women properly.

But then you like to make really weak links between things.

"If Jim has a donut, the aliens will land" sort of thing.

No...you still haven't answered on whether or not RIGHT NOW, AT THIS MINUTE do polygamists have the right to marry legally in any of the states where the courts have overturned voter-enacted marriage laws stating that marriage is "between a man and a woman only"?

Do they have the right to legally marry [exploit the legal limbo created by SCOTUS like the church of LGBT inductees are] in those states, today, October 12, 2014?

No...you still haven't answered on whether or not RIGHT NOW, AT THIS MINUTE do polygamists have the right to marry legally in any of the states where the courts have overturned voter-enacted marriage laws stating that marriage is "between a man and a woman only"?

Do they have the right to legally marry [exploit the legal limbo created by SCOTUS like the church of LGBT inductees are] in those states, today, October 12, 2014?

I have no idea, and I don't care to look.

Why? Because the situation will change pretty soon anyway.

Is this another of your silly little arguments that goes nowhere?

You haven't answered the question on why you care whether people have a polygamous marriage.

The total population of those states, based on 2013 estimates from the Census Bureau, is about 190 million. Just over 60 percent of the U.S. population now lives in a state where marriage equality soon will be legal.

And with Millennials coming into the mjority they stand out for voting heavily Democratic and for liberal views on many political and social issues, ranging from a belief in an activist government to support for same-sex marriage and marijuana legalization.

Feb. 14-23, 2014 among 1,821 adults nationwide, including 617 Millennial adults, and analysis of other Pew Research Center surveys conducted between 1990 and 2014.

Millennials in Adulthood Pew Research Center s Social Demographic Trends Project

You're correct, with almost every word........we are doomed as a free society. The power of 2.5% of the population over the majority, a legalized drug that does not make you smarter or more ambitious, and the dismantling of the central family unit. Bravo libs!! You're almost at utopia.

Not here as yet. Missouri doesn't even have Equal Rights Protections for LGBT yet. Can be refused housing, employment (as well as evicted and fired) just for being gay. Marriage is something of a lower priority. :)

The funny thing is, in a lot of states, gays are getting to be legally married and can still be fired or denied housing for being gay. Get married, get fired. Whoopie!

wow bunch of sloped skulled low IQ christers in jesuesland ! How impressive!!!!

Sorry bible tards the world has passed you by :itsok:

Forum List

Back