60 MILLION for expenses?

D

Dis

My school district just sent a weepy letter stating that thier budget for 09/10 school year is 60 million, and they're bitching because their budget is going to be cut by 4 million by 2011.

If they're reducing "cleaning of classrooms" by $150,000 a YEAR, what the hell are they paying? Pick up a broom.

What is "additional reduction in cleaning of classrooms"? That's another $50,000.

(so far, I'm not seeing a probem)

Switch middle school to junior high - eliminate 10 teachers: $574,000.

(again, not seeing the problem, since when I went to school, middle school WAS jr high)

Eliminate 2.8 (point 8?!) social workders: $206,000.

(WTH - I went to a VERY large school, and we had ONE social worker)

Eliminate 4 high school aides: In-school suspension (WTF - suspended = go home), Library (how many aides does one library need?), Counseling (eh? That's a social worker, and we already have at least 3 if they're eliminating 2.8), and (this one REALLY gets me): PARKING ATTENDANT. (wtf wtf wtf wtf!) Parking attendant?! At school? In a small town? $78,950.

Talk about wasting some serious money...

:evil:

First, I would like to see the end of the Department of Education they're the main reason our education system is one of the worst in the world.

If we put control of our childrens schooling back in the hands of the families and cities, costs will decline and quality will sky rocket.

My school district just sent a weepy letter stating that thier budget for 09/10 school year is 60 million, and they're bitching because their budget is going to be cut by 4 million by 2011.

If they're reducing "cleaning of classrooms" by $150,000 a YEAR, what the hell are they paying? Pick up a broom.

What is "additional reduction in cleaning of classrooms"? That's another $50,000.

(again, not seeing the problem, since when I went to school, middle school WAS jr high)

Eliminate 4 high school aides: In-school suspension (WTF - suspended = go home), Library (how many aides does one library need?), Counseling (eh? That's a social worker, and we already have at least 3 if they're eliminating 2.8), and (this one REALLY gets me): PARKING ATTENDANT. (wtf wtf wtf wtf!) Parking attendant?! At school? In a small town? $78,950.

No wonder you-----er- they gotta swipe beef jerkey and git nekkid.

These are also the same knuckleheads that spent an average of $1200 on laptops for *each* teacher, while at the same time cutting extra-curricular activities for the kids to pay for them. :evil:

These are also the same knuckleheads that spent an average of $1200 on laptops for *each* teacher, while at the same time cutting extra-curricular activities for the kids to pay for them. :evil:

Problem is that to fight these idiots you gotta get down in the mud with the slimey bastards. Lots of time and effort.

Problem is that to fight these idiots you gotta get down in the mud with the slimey bastards. Lots of time and effort.

I'll do their damned budget for them. First guy to go is whomever the damned "parking attendant" is. Fuck that.

Forum List

Back