6.6 billion in the trash can

how about stimulus since the stimulus did work.

Can you imagine the Con outrage if a dem president did this money grap and vanish?

Are you saying President Bush had a hand in this? I highly doubt that. My bet would be that the money unintentionally ended up in the hands of a few well placed Iraqis who absconded with every bill they could get their hands on.

And I would feel the same way if this happened after the transfer of power in the U.S.

And for the cons that have commented here about how little $6.6 billion would do for our economy, who cares if it would only fund thirty seconds? That is not the point. $6.6 billion does not just get up and walk away. Oh, and no, I don't think we should be rebuilding Iraq.

Immie

Why are we surprised, congress spend our money like I eat popcorn, I spill a few pieces so what. Not only is congress stupid but our current and past presidents haven't done so well either. As for the stimulus, I can't believe that even a complete idiot thinks it works. What basket do you live under?

Outrage? hardly, I should have ended that post with a sigh.....
Exaspiration is another form of outrage. Apathy is just another form of ignorance.

You can quote me, but it doesn't change your failure to make a valid point.

how about stimulus since the stimulus did work.

Can you imagine the Con outrage if a dem president did this money grap and vanish?

Are you saying President Bush had a hand in this? I highly doubt that. My bet would be that the money unintentionally ended up in the hands of a few well placed Iraqis who absconded with every bill they could get their hands on.

And I would feel the same way if this happened after the transfer of power in the U.S.

And for the cons that have commented here about how little $6.6 billion would do for our economy, who cares if it would only fund thirty seconds? That is not the point. $6.6 billion does not just get up and walk away. Oh, and no, I don't think we should be rebuilding Iraq.

Immie
This is why you don't nation build. A fuckup we've continued since the Marshall Plan.

So truth hardly matters where your faux outrage at spending 1.3 billion so far in Libya the non-war war with no end in sight?

Oopsies.

In the unread article (yeah, big fucking surprise) it turns out to be Iraqi money and not US money.

"Iraqi officials are threatening to go to court to reclaim the money, which came from Iraqi oil sales, seized Iraqi assets and surplus funds from the United Nations' oil-for-food program."

Oopsies

Look at these partisan fools making up excuses for our president sending pallets of money in plane after plane to a war zone and then keeps NO TRACK of where it goes.

How I wish these people actually cared about this country one tenth of what they care about their party.

This thread right here is why this country got so screwed up.

They took our money and pocketed it you fools.

But U.S. officials often didn't have time or staff to keep strict financial controls.

The odds. What are the fucking ODDS that the US government, under the GOVERNMENT hating republican administration found that a reasonable COST cutting measure would be to deregulate government expenditure?

I didn't see it Bob, did YOU see it Dick? Nope, I didn't see it Stew, did YOU see it Harry? Nope I didn't see it Tom...fucking priceless.

Nobody is buying that Truth Matters is all of a sudden a hard-nosed fiscal conservative? It's not believable to you guys?

TM makes a good point, $6.6 billion would buy a lot of cruise missiles we could arbitrarily launch at the heads of Libyans or we could've used it to give the local Al-Qaeda in Libya $36.6 billion instead of "only" $30 billion.

Nobody is buying that Truth Matters is all of a sudden a hard-nosed fiscal conservative? It's not believable to you guys?

TM makes a good point, $6.6 billion would buy a lot of cruise missiles we could arbitrarily launch at the heads of Libyans or we could've used it to give the local Al-Qaeda in Libya $36.6 billion instead of "only" $30 billion.

No but his so sudden indignation at the mere thought of events that took place several years ago is quite amusing

No but his so sudden indignation at the mere thought of events that took place several years ago is quite amusing

What's she going to do? Talk about Obama's accomplishments?

She'd have to close her account if she went that route.

So truth hardly matters where your faux outrage at spending 1.3 billion so far in Libya the non-war war with no end in sight?
pssst. Don't forget running covert ops in Syria now. War #4 should not be ignored.

So we bagged up money in gunnysacks, and sent it off to different Iraqi agencies. And then we expected the money to be put to use rebuilding Iraq. I don't care how honest of a person one may be, handing someone a bag full of $100 bills is going to make even the most honest person think about keeping some of it, if not all of it, for themselves. Now just think what the dishonest person would do being given cash in such a manner. It just makes you want to laugh except for the fact that it was our money.

pssst. Don't forget running covert ops in Syria now. War #4 should not be ignored.

God lord Truth really doesn't matter you've forgot that as well....... Do we get to see even a glimmer of outrage from you?

Look at these partisan fools making up excuses for our president sending pallets of money in plane after plane to a war zone and then keeps NO TRACK of where it goes.

How I wish these people actually cared about this country one tenth of what they care about their party.

This thread right here is why this country got so screwed up.

They took our money and pocketed it you fools.
:::looks left... looks right::::

I don't see anyone saying that sending the money to a war zone is a smart thing. If so, please find the quote. I see the point that nobody thinks the government will do the right thing with that money REGARDLESS of whether it's spent on the fighting or not.

If there is a wrong way to use money, the government will search with all it's might to find it.

Why do you think the program was done without one single attempt to follow the money????????

Because they already had a plan to make it disapear.

all these excuses and not one glimmer of blame for the people who did this.

Jesus you people are brainwashed

Why do you think the program was done without one single attempt to follow the money????????

The Bush gov't blindly throwing money around in Iraq, thank God Obama isn't throwing billions around blindly to Al-Qaeda in Libya.

Rather than worry about the disasters from the past, why not worry about the current disasters TM? Or did Bush force Obama to warmonger in Libya?

Hence the reason we need to make THEIR money disappear and lower taxes, and decrease the power of the federal government! They have proven their abject incompetence, dishonesty and downright mendacity in it's use for causes that no sane American would desire.

Of course, this flies well above SAM range for your thought process to shoot down the concept, so I will not be surprised if you get all bent out of shape for my war mongering visual instead of the point.

Forum List

Back