53 Republicans are now on a hit list

Operate schools in a moral vaccuum? Education also involves leadership. Teachers are leaders in learning and life. Is there even a point to having a coach, if they can't change attitudes and inspire sportsmanship? Sportsmanship IS teaching morals people.

How do you have academic honesty without mentioning morals? Student conduct rules without understanding what is right and wrong? The Ten Commandments are basically endorsed by every religion on the planet. The laws of most nations cover these as well.

I seriously question the motivation behind anyone who doesn't find morals a worthwhile teaching subject. What dark purpose do you serve? How does a lack of morals help the individual or society?

No.
Japan responded to US aggression in refusing to sell raw materials. Pearl Harbor was the result. Fact.
There are no facts, only opinions.

Obviously, in your little mind, there are only opinions. WHY Japan attacked Pearl Harbor is based in opinion, but is also completely irrelevent to the FACT that they did.

What, pray tell, is useful about knowing the 'what' without the 'why'?

The fact that Japan bombed Pearl Harbor is nothing but useless trivia without the why.

Last edited:
Aint it great to live in a world where they still appoint a czar and have people still worshiping Queens and Kings.:cuckoo:
C.Z.A.R. Cocksucking Zionist Asshole reject.

Last edited:
"Education is the means by which society passes its values on to the next generation."
Based on that alone, schools ought to teach moral values. The whole "schools should be value free" has resulted in kids being value free. And who wants more of that??

Ironic, the right wing pea brains that preach "personal" responsibility and spread FEAR of a "nanny" state want public schools to "nanny" their kids so they can shirk the "personal" responsibility of parenthood...

Obviously, in your little mind, there are only opinions. WHY Japan attacked Pearl Harbor is based in opinion, but is also completely irrelevent to the FACT that they did.

The fact that Japan bombed Pearl Harbor is nothing but useless trivia without the why.

Really? And with at least a half dozen theories STILL circulating as to "why" they did, which one would you recommend our children be taught?

How about 9/11. Which theory would you have our children learn concerning the "why"?

It is impossible to teach opinions without personal views getting in the way. Since our children should all be taught the same information, without personal slants, I would prefer hypotheses be taught as merely hypotheses, and not taught as fact.

Really? And with at least a half dozen theories STILL circulating as to "why" they did, which one would you recommend our children be taught?

How about 9/11. Which theory would you have our children learn concerning the "why"?

It is impossible to teach opinions without personal views getting in the way. Since our children should all be taught the same information, without personal slants, I would prefer hypotheses be taught as merely hypotheses, and not taught as fact.

Now you're contradicting yourself. Before you only wanted "facts" taught. Now you want hypotheses, which are opinions, as well.
So which is it??

"Education is the means by which society passes its values on to the next generation."
Based on that alone, schools ought to teach moral values. The whole "schools should be value free" has resulted in kids being value free. And who wants more of that??

Ironic, the right wing pea brains that preach "personal" responsibility and spread FEAR of a "nanny" state want public schools to "nanny" their kids so they can shirk the "personal" responsibility of parenthood...

I see this is going to be a stretch for you.
Try this: government coercing private behavior=bad
Government setting some kind of school standard with community input: good.
No one is shirking personal responsibility. Schools have to teach something. And since they are American schools teaching Americans it makes sense they teach something that relates to the history and values of Americans. If parents want to opt out and send their kids to Muslim schools, or Jewish schools or anything else, that's their right.

Now you're contradicting yourself. Before you only wanted "facts" taught. Now you want hypotheses, which are opinions, as well.
So which is it??

I don't want opinions taught at all. Just using the example with the other question. Do try to keep up, will you?

I see this is going to be a stretch for you.
Try this: government coercing private behavior=bad
Government setting some kind of school standard with community input: good.
No one is shirking personal responsibility. Schools have to teach something. And since they are American schools teaching Americans it makes sense they teach something that relates to the history and values of Americans. If parents want to opt out and send their kids to Muslim schools, or Jewish schools or anything else, that's their right.

It's the public schools responsibility to basically teach the three R's and keep our children safe while attending...

It's up to parents to teach THEIR children morals and values...

Schools standards should be the responsibility of a school's board of education with direct input by parents that find the time to attend board meetings...

Every once in awhile you makes some sense in what you post but this statement shows how ignorant you truly are.

It's the public schools responsibility to basically teach the three R's and keep our children safe while attending...

Schools standards should be the responsibility of a school's board of education with direct input by parents that find the time to attend board meetings...
Schools are expected to provide an actual safe and decent environment for children when they have the children in their possession.

That does not include teaching children any type of sexual practice. Did you pay any attention at all to the OP?

So which is it??

I don't want opinions taught at all. Just using the example with the other question. Do try to keep up, will you?

So do you want hypotheses taught or not? If you say yes, then you are admitting you want opinions, which are hypotheses, taught. If you say no, then you are contradicting yourself in addition to making education a grab bag of uncollected facts.
Either way you look like the intellectual deadweight you are.

So do you want hypotheses taught or not? If you say yes, then you are admitting you want opinions, which are hypotheses, taught. If you say no, then you are contradicting yourself in addition to making education a grab bag of uncollected facts.

Until someone can explain to me how the curriculum in all public schools across the country can teach the same hypotheses or opinions, then there is no way they should be taught in our public schools. How hard is this for you to understand?

Until someone can explain to me how the curriculum in all public schools across the country can teach the same hypotheses or opinions, then there is no way they should be taught in our public schools. How hard is this for you to understand?

You are dodging the question. Which is it?
Why should all schools teach the same opinions? Do all university professors hold the same opinions?

Why should all schools teach the same opinions? Do all university professors hold the same opinions?

I am not dodging the question. I am TRYING to allow you to figure out the answer without actually being forced to give it to you again. But, I can see that you are too dumb for that so here we go, AGAIN. We should NOT be teaching opinions in publics schools unless all opinions are taught at all schools so that all of our children are being taught the same thing. You see? It cannot be done. Hence, stick to the facts.

I am not dodging the question. I am TRYING to allow you to figure out the answer without actually being forced to give it to you again. But, I can see that you are too dumb for that so here we go, AGAIN. We should NOT be teaching opinions in publics schools unless all opinions are taught at all schools so that all of our children are being taught the same thing. You see? It cannot be done. Hence, stick to the facts.

Why is it desirable to teach only one opinion? Do experts in any field have only one opinion?
Do you realize how idiotic you sound with this?

And you haven't answered the question whether you support teaching opinion or only fact.

Why is it desirable to teach only one opinion? Do experts in any field have only one opinion?
Do you realize how idiotic you sound with this?

And you haven't answered the question whether you support teaching opinion or only fact.

Because IF you allow any and all opinions to be taught, where does it end? Do I want my daughter being taught that Germany enslaved and murdered the Jews because Hitler "knew" they were not equal to the Arian race? Of course not, but that is an opinion that still exists today.

Schools are expected to provide an actual safe and decent environment for children when they have the children in their possession.

Is there an ECHO...ECHO...ECHO in here...LOL

That does not include teaching children any type of sexual practice. Did you pay any attention at all to the OP?

Even if the OP is right wing pea brain homophobic FEARmongering bullshit???

FACT CHECK: The Right-Wing Smear Campaign Against Kevin Jennings

Forum List

Back