5'2", 110lbs. Can you handle him?

That is why it is procedure that you put the "suspect" in handcuffs first. That is to protect all parties involved. If the suspect doesn't comply, then you force them to the ground and try, if they still don't comply, you taser them. But you should try to put them in cuffs first before you attempt anything else.

How often do you see them placed in cuffs before being "frisked"?

All the time. An officer that does not do it every time with a suspect will find out soon enough why it is procedure.

Really ... so the "hands against the wall and spread 'em" never happens?

All the time. An officer that does not do it every time with a suspect will find out soon enough why it is procedure.

LMAO, really? Do they say "freeze" first?

I used a catch phrase, once in a while I like to since I don't remember technical terms well. Still, so you think it never happens? How about the "hands on the hood and spread 'em"? Saw several in the last month just outside my window, so I know these happen. Also where they are told to lay on the ground at gun point ... I just wish more each time that those teen punks would do something stupid so I can watch their asses get shot. There is more than one procedure for every incident, and more than one technique for said procedures, a lot depends on the area and what the city determines to be procedure. You are ignoring the forest for the tree.

How often do you see them placed in cuffs before being "frisked"?

Okay, sorry. Back on track. They are supposed to pull out service weapons and order them to the ground if they are in groups. I am assuming you mean gang members and such. Hands interlocked and legs crossed. One cop covers and the other one cuffs. If there is only one cop, you keep your eyes on the suspects, and call for backup.

Kitten, I am still here with your latest unanswered, dodged and avoided question.

Who has deemed pepper spray unethical?

Can you provide any support for this claim?

I may actually just give up. I am begining to run conspiracies through my mind. YOu obviously have some value to someone here. They don't listen to this crapola for nothing. So.....maybe your job with the board is to string along dumbass conversations like this to provide stimulus for the board. Good for activity to have a designated, incorrigable dumbass for the common sense folks to bang their head against.

Yep....that's what's going on. It's a conspiracy. No one is this dumb even by accident.

I used a catch phrase, once in a while I like to since I don't remember technical terms well. Still, so you think it never happens? How about the "hands on the hood and spread 'em"? Saw several in the last month just outside my window, so I know these happen. Also where they are told to lay on the ground at gun point ... I just wish more each time that those teen punks would do something stupid so I can watch their asses get shot. There is more than one procedure for every incident, and more than one technique for said procedures, a lot depends on the area and what the city determines to be procedure. You are ignoring the forest for the tree.

No, you cuff them. Don't give them a chance to walk or do anything else. No hands on hoods or anything like on TV. This is real life. Cuff em and put em on their backsides or on their face. Get the particulars later.

Last edited:

No, you cuff them. Don't give them a chance to walk or do anything else. No hands on hoods or anything like on TV. This is real life. Cuff em and put em on their backsides or on their face. Get the particulars later.

Hmm ... what part of "outside my window" did you miss? My window over looks a "parking" street, where many park to go to bars late at night. Every other night some dumbass teenagers get into it and the cops get called, if not already close. No, they don't cuff immediately ... couple of times they didn't cuff at all and let them go after a few questions, as long as they didn't run or resist that is.

Hmm ... what part of "outside my window" did you miss? My window over looks a "parking" street, where many park to go to bars late at night. Every other night some dumbass teenagers get into it and the cops get called, if not already close. No, they don't cuff immediately ... couple of times they didn't cuff at all and let them go after a few questions, as long as they didn't run or resist that is.

the world is bigger than what you can see from your window------

This has become one of the most ridiculous threads ever.

Everyone has said all there is to say.

Let it go.

the world is bigger than what you can see from your window------

Aaah, but I know this, perhaps you could see the point I was making, that procedure varies depending on the area?

Well, if they're called for a noise complaint it's different. I'm talking about suspects in a crime not violation of a noise ordinance. They pull up and nobody is fleeing or acting erratic, then what's the point. If they got a call about an assault and someone bolts when they pull up, that's when the real police work comes in. Apprehend and cuff...and kick the shit out of em if they wanna get Billy Badass on you.

Kitten claims police were forced to go to tasers becuase they were "deemed unethical". After asking for her source of such information, she cites "the taxpayers" as the people who did this.

I have searched for any kind of offcial ban or funding cut off for pepper spray and there appears to be none. In fact, while I can find regulations on civilians having and using pepper spray, there are no apparent regulations on the use of pepper spray by the police. There are numerous pepper spray incidents listed from all over the country, this year.

Kitten, did you make this up?

Well, if they're called for a noise complaint it's different. I'm talking about suspects in a crime not violation of a noise ordinance. They pull up and nobody is fleeing or acting erratic, then what's the point. If they got a call about an assault and someone bolts when they pull up, that's when the real police work comes in. Apprehend and cuff...and kick the shit out of em if they wanna get Billy Badass on you.

Actually, no, most of the time it's for fighting (don't remember the actual cite reference) a couple of times for gunfire (some of those were actually fire crackers), usually with guns drawn and forced to the ground for a moment to assess the situation, then it all depends on what's going on.

I know I don't count for much of a vote but this thread has gone LAME.

Can someone at least shut this idiocy down. For the sake of preserving a friggin grain of integrity.

I know I don't count for much of a vote but this thread has gone LAME.

Can someone at least shut this idiocy down. For the sake of preserving a friggin grain of integrity.

SW, the best way to kill a thread is to stop responding!

Just walk away, Jose.............

Forum List

Back