5'2", 110lbs. Can you handle him?

When I was a 95 pound teen I took down a 300 pound adult, easy breezy, of course I had training and he didn't. :cool:

Really? But two trained cops couldn't take down a 110 lb. kid? Interesting.

Since several of you ignored the point the first time, here it is again:

The cops only saw a kid taking off from a routine traffic stop. Running and probably acting very nervous, almost everyone who runs from the cops has something big to hide, could be a warrant, drugs, or even a weapon. So they took off after, with only a few moments to think they fall back onto training. Put yourselves in their shoes, ignore all the media hype for a change, they see a kid, running from them, and know nothing of what the kid has or if he poses a major threat to others. They corner him and have to restrain him in only moments, not several minutes, moments, less than a second. They have several choices ... tackle and hope he doesn't have a hidden weapon, taser and stun him a moment so he is not a danger to anyone including himself long enough to restrain him, or try to talk him down and hope he is at least sane enough not to go completely nuts. So they do what they are trained to do. This all in a matter of moments, the blink of an eye, not the amount of time it takes you to read this, but the amount of time it takes you to read the first letter of this.

Yes, the little fucker lead them on a chase and into a vacant house in a neighborhood these panty waists would not even unlock their car doors in.

Really? But two trained cops couldn't take down a 110 lb. kid? Interesting.

The cops only saw a kid taking off from a routine traffic stop. Running and probably acting very nervous, almost everyone who runs from the cops has something big to hide, could be a warrant, drugs, or even a weapon. So they took off after, with only a few moments to think they fall back onto training. Put yourselves in their shoes, ignore all the media hype for a change, they see a kid, running from them, and know nothing of what the kid has or if he poses a major threat to others. They corner him and have to restrain him in only moments, not several minutes, moments, less than a second. They have several choices ... tackle and hope he doesn't have a hidden weapon, taser and stun him a moment so he is not a danger to anyone including himself long enough to restrain him, or try to talk him down and hope he is at least sane enough not to go completely nuts. So they do what they are trained to do. This all in a matter of moments, the blink of an eye, not the amount of time it takes you to read this, but the amount of time it takes you to read the first letter of this.

You are mistaken if you think that's procedure.

LOL ... okay ... what is procedure according to you?

I've been tackled by cops before, you dolt.

Care to fill that in with some context? Did you lead them on a chase in a blighted inner-city neighborhood, run into a vacant house then struggle with them when they patted you down?

Or did you get caught by a rent-a-cop with your little whitebread friends TP'ing a neighbor's house in your gated community?

Context?

I was up to no good. The cops came, as in real life police. I ran. Another cop responding ended up ahead of me, took a good angle and tackled me.

I'm sure the cops who chased Robert Mitchell were drawing on the "richness of their experience," to quote Sonia Sotomayor, when they did what they did.

Oh, I'm sorry, is it gauche to say chasing black teenagers resisting arrest in bombed out inner city houses is a little different? Is this the honest discussion about race we can't have?

My bad!

You are mistaken if you think that's procedure.

LOL ... okay ... what is procedure according to you?

Once the suspect was in their grasp, he should have been in jewelry.

Care to fill that in with some context? Did you lead them on a chase in a blighted inner-city neighborhood, run into a vacant house then struggle with them when they patted you down?

Or did you get caught by a rent-a-cop with your little whitebread friends TP'ing a neighbor's house in your gated community?

Context?

I was up to no good. The cops came, as in real life police. I ran. Another cop responding ended up ahead of me, took a good angle and tackled me.

I'm sure the cops who chased Robert Mitchell were drawing on the "richness of their experience," to quote Sonia Sotomayor, when they did what they did.

Oh, I'm sorry, is it gauche to say chasing black teenagers resisting arrest in bombed out inner city houses is a little different? Is this the honest discussion about race we can't have?

My bad!

:clap2:

I actually thought it wasn't going to happen but sometimes people can't resist themselves.

Congratulations on being the first person to bring up race 500 posts deep into the thread.

Once the suspect was in their grasp, he should have been in jewelry.

Really, and you know that they had him "in their grasp" long enough to do that and that he just laid there and let them?

So they had enough time to pat him down but not 2.7 secs to put on the bracelets?

Pat downs don't require the arms to be "in position" first of all ... secondly, who says they actually did that successfully? Even the news doesn't mention if it was successful ... :eusa_whistle:

Really, and you know that they had him "in their grasp" long enough to do that and that he just laid there and let them?

So they had enough time to pat him down but not 2.7 secs to put on the bracelets?

Pat downs don't require the arms to be "in position" first of all ... secondly, who says they actually did that successfully? Even the news doesn't mention if it was successful ... :eusa_whistle:

That is the first rule. Put the suspect in cuffs. There should be no pat downs or attempts until the suspects hands are restrained.

Once the cops had the suspect cornered (both with their guns drawn), one cop puts away his weapon and pulls out his handcuffs while being covered by the second officer. Cuff the suspect, get him to the ground and kick the...er, pat him down.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJPaDTHRvfw&feature=related]YouTube - The DANGER of a Handcuffed Suspect[/ame]

That is the first rule. Put the suspect in cuffs. There should be no pat downs or attempts until the suspects hands are restrained.

Not always, often they try to do the pat down instead of the cuffs, depending on the nature of the crime and the situation, especially with kids. If they resist the pat down THEN they cuff them. Minors are treated a bit differently now, since all the whiners were complaining about the cops being "too rough". Thanks to all the whining the cops are in a "no win" situation when dealing with several groups, and it's costing us law abiding citizens our safety.

Not always, often they try to do the pat down instead of the cuffs, depending on the nature of the crime and the situation, especially with kids. If they resist the pat down THEN they cuff them. Minors are treated a bit differently now, since all the whiners were complaining about the cops being "too rough". Thanks to all the whining the cops are in a "no win" situation when dealing with several groups, and it's costing us law abiding citizens our safety.

ALWAYS! In ALL situations. It's for their safety and yours. Fuck what the crime was, they are a suspect and as far as you know they did it and the courts will figure out the rest. It's not costing shit if the cops have proper training and use it and something happens then tough shit. But when these cops kill people and don't follow the very procedure that they are supposed to go by and then it gets brushed of by IA, then you have the public afraid of the criminals and the police. The fucking cops were wrong in both cases and should be reprimanded.

I am crushed.

Kitten has informed me that I am a media brain and that I can not reliably use these newspaper and media reports for the purpose of debate.

We have to start over.

Was anyone there? Can we confirm first, that the a child is actually dead? Did anyone get to touch the corpse?

I'm going to move on, assuming the child is, infact, dead.

Now according to Kitten and a few others, it is standard parental procedure to teach your children not to run from police. Because this day I have learned that standard procedure trumps news and media reports, we can only assume that this child, infact, did not run.

Case closed. They killed an innocent child. Kitten says so.

Last edited:
I'm going to move on, assuming the child is, infact, dead.

Now according to Kitten and a few others, it is standard parental procedure to teach your children not to run from police. Because this day I have learned that standard procedure trumps news and media reports, we can only assume that this child, infact, did not run.

Case closed. They killed an innocent child. Kitten says so.

People like you suck, you support criminals, period. Rant and rave about the one life they accidentally lose every once in a while because the perp was acting like an idiot, but then you probably cheer when cops get killed. Scum like you are the reason our cities are held hostage by gang bangers, just because they're fucking kids ...

Here's an idea, move to a third world country, or better, Iraq, where there are not cops. Then come back and complain about them.

Forum List

Back