50 Years Today, Blazing Saddles is Released

I wonder what streaming service James Wood is using I just checked and I didn’t get any warning as was claimed. Maybe Mr Woods is confused.

If this was made today one of the loudest voices in opposition would be middle aged white people being upset about being portrayed as racists.

I wonder what streaming service James Wood is using I just checked and I didn’t get any warning as was claimed. Maybe Mr Woods is confused.

If this was made today one of the loudest voices in opposition would be middle aged white people being upset about being portrayed as racists.

Or that Woke Interracial Sex

I once met the guy whose face is the first thing you see in the movie - Burton Gilliam. Hell of a nice guy!

It carries a trigger warning now for people of African decent. Sad when people have to warn you about something like that because you're black.

It carries a trigger warning now for people of African decent. Sad when people have to warn you about something like that because you're black.
Where is the trigger warning? I am watching it now on one streaming platform watched it around Halloween last year and neither one had any such warning. What platform is supposed to feature this warning?

Where is the trigger warning? I am watching it now on one streaming platform watched it around Halloween last year and neither one had any such warning. What platform is supposed to feature this warning?

I saw it here first. Trigger warning was just recently added.

I loved Space Balls too, another Brooks comedy.

The scene where they "comb" the desert LOL, "we ain't found shyte!". Gets me everytime. As a kid watching it on First Choice/Super Channel, that scene had me laughing for hours.

I saw it here first. Trigger warning was just recently added.

So then the OP is less than honest. You can watch the film on multiple platforms without having a trigger warning. In fact there seems to be one outlier that has it. This is trying to make an issue out of something that is not a problem.

It's an opinion piece for starters ... and a wrong opinion, IMO. The quote that I read in the story from Mel Brooks said that this movie couldn't be made today was because "we have become stupidly politically correct, which is the death of comedy." Pardon me if I'm wrong, the right wing isn't nearly as big on political correctness as the left is. How many comedians have been cancelled or attempted to be cancelled because they made a joke that offended a "marginalized group"? Dave Chappelle and Bill Burr come to mind. That group would try and do the same to Mel Brooks.

Forum List

Back