50% of Americans do not pay income tax?

Did this thread cleared up the statement about 50% of people not paying taxes?

• Yes

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Still unclear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just another silly thread

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
35% of our population makes less than 25,000 a year.

Willow how well could your family manage on that?

It is rather amusing that people focus on the bottom 50% of don't pay taxes while ignoring the trillions in "loans" given to foreign banks and corporations.

Cons are always playing that game, as they favor foreigners to Americans. They pick on the 2% of welfare & AFDC in our budget, and pump trillions into the war machine. They want to deny school lunches to children, medical care to seniors, blah blah, and hand out trillions to the rich.

I think basically the rich would rather see help go to Americans, but why look a gift horse in the face, with all those bennies rolling in. The temptation is too great, the shame and disdain from their own class is to high if they speak out of attempt to change the system.

Look how the rich & the cons treat Buffet & Gates for being honest. And Obama is one of the cons in his lil sheep clothing.

Cons...mature. Those god damned bastard rich people are responsible for all the ills in this country!!! If only they could pay more of the tax burden, THEN your life you be great.

Jealousy and envy, that is what the left feeds off of.

LMAO! My net worth is over 4 mil, I hire 2 maids, 2 landscapers, and a pool boy, drive a 300 touring, throw hosted dinner parties costing a $1,200-300. for my guests, and swim in my own solar powered pool, so if you are trying to intimidate me wealth and with jealousy & envy, you sent your coon dog up the wrong tree. By the way, I am not adopting any cons, but I do supply a ranch house to a homeless liberal family & their four children.

Those responsibile for creating debt, should pay for it. How simple minded is that?

Trying to say the POOR should pay for the mess the wealthy created in this country is insane.

The wealthy benifited from the disaster capitalism they created and Now want the poor (those who suffered the most from it) to pay the cost of it.

In the past we have had much higher rates for the wealthy and they still had the best lifestyles in the world.

They dont give up much to pay their fair share but when you try and make the Poor pay the wealthys share they do suffer greatly.

Who has benefited the most from the legislation and policies of the Obama administration? :confused:

Cons are always playing that game, as they favor foreigners to Americans. They pick on the 2% of welfare & AFDC in our budget, and pump trillions into the war machine. They want to deny school lunches to children, medical care to seniors, blah blah, and hand out trillions to the rich.

I think basically the rich would rather see help go to Americans, but why look a gift horse in the face, with all those bennies rolling in. The temptation is too great, the shame and disdain from their own class is to high if they speak out of attempt to change the system.

Look how the rich & the cons treat Buffet & Gates for being honest. And Obama is one of the cons in his lil sheep clothing.

Cons...mature. Those god damned bastard rich people are responsible for all the ills in this country!!! If only they could pay more of the tax burden, THEN your life you be great.

LMAO! My net worth is over 4 mil, I hire 2 maids, 2 landscapers, and a pool boy, drive a 300 touring, throw hosted dinner parties costing a $1,200-300. for my guests, and swim in my own solar powered pool, so if you are trying to intimidate me wealth and with jealousy & envy, you sent your coon dog up the wrong tree. By the way, I am not adopting any cons, but I do supply a ranch house to a homeless liberal family & their four children.

Those responsibile for creating debt, should pay for it. How simple minded is that?

Oh, making baseless claims that can never be substantiated--you put me in my place. I didn't realize you were rich, how dumb of me.

Those responsible for creating debt???? Who created these deficits? Under which political party did the debt increase $4 trillion in two years? Here's a hint it was the 111th Congress.

35% of our population makes less than 25,000 a year.

Willow how well could your family manage on that?

It shouldn't even be a question of manage. People should be paid a living wage for a honest days work, and share in the American dream.:clap2:

3 years ago, I started doing my own taxes again, it's easy to do online now.

since then, I have gotten more back than I have put in every year.

so unless my tax credits or breaks are removed/lowered, I will continue to get more back.

I don't know if the 50% claim is true, but the claim that it does occur is very true.

That has never happened to me. But I have witnessed it.

My FUTURE DAUGHTER IN LAW PAID IN 800, GOT BACK 3000.

Same year my son paid in 1500, got back 2500.

I just get the shaft.
That's because the bottom 40% PROFITS from doing their taxes while the top 10% pays 50% of it all. NOBODY should profit from doing their taxes. Ever.

Last edited:
Trying to say the POOR should pay for the mess the wealthy created in this country is insane.

The wealthy benifited from the disaster capitalism they created and Now want the poor (those who suffered the most from it) to pay the cost of it.

In the past we have had much higher rates for the wealthy and they still had the best lifestyles in the world.

They dont give up much to pay their fair share but when you try and make the Poor pay the wealthys share they do suffer greatly.

Who has benefited the most from the legislation and policies of the Obama administration? :confused:

Is this a trick question? The obvious answer is the peoples whos net worth have increased over the past 10 years. Guess who that is. Hint: It's not the poor and middle class.

Oh, making baseless claims that can never be substantiated--you put me in my place. I didn't realize you were rich, how dumb of me.

Those responsible for creating debt???? Who created these deficits? Under which political party did the debt increase $4 trillion in two years? Here's a hint it was the 111th Congress.

Yes, how dumb of you. Don't try your bullshit on me as a way of deflecting from the subject matter.

You should know by now that Congress is a tool of the rich & corporate power in America, evidenced by poor people don't have paid lobbyists farting up the halls of Congress. OK, the 111th congress created $4T, you still have $10T to go.

And we know where 1T of that money went. Wall Street Aristocracy Got $1.2 Trillion in Fed’s Secret Loans
Wall Street Aristocracy Got $1.2 Trillion in Fed

Yes, how dumb of you. Don't try your bullshit on me as a way of deflecting from the subject matter.

You should know by now that Congress is a tool of the rich & corporate power in America, evidenced by poor people don't have paid lobbyists farting up the halls of Congress. OK, the 111th congress created $4T, you still have $10T to go.

And we know where 1T of that money went. Wall Street Aristocracy Got $1.2 Trillion in Fed’s Secret Loans
Wall Street Aristocracy Got $1.2 Trillion in Fed

Deflecting? Am I ranting on about how extravagant and wealthy I am, as if that's proving a point. Personally, I think you are a liar--but that is neither here nor there saying how great your house is, and you have a maid, blah blah blah is deflecting. If you weren't so narrow minded perhaps you see that pretty obvious fact.

By the way, that statement about what the Federal Reserve did shows you have absolutely no clue about what you are talking about. The FED got the power to make those secret loans from Congress, and besides that it had absolutely not a damn thing to do with the national debt or deficit. That money the FED loaned out wasn't didn't come from the federal government or contribute to the deficit or debt, MORON

so unless my tax credits or breaks are removed/lowered, I will continue to get more back.

I don't know if the 50% claim is true, but the claim that it does occur is very true.

I just get the shaft.
That's because the bottom 40% PROFITS from doing their taxes while the top 10% pays 50% of it all. NOBODY should profit from doing their taxes. Ever.

If a person gets more credit for their taxes than they owe for taxes, their tax owed balance should be zero, not a negative liability. This is why I call the tax credits endowments.

The wealthy.

he hasnt done much for the poor

Look at the economy!!! Who has he done anything for!?!?!?!? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

corporate profits are way up.

when will you catch on?
Now if only this nation was a good place to REINVEST those profits, that would be good for this nation. But since we're regulated and unionized up the ass with a persecutorial government looking for ways to punish success in this nation, it's safer to invest overseas where even a possible revolution is preferable and more stable than the mess here created by an incompetent government.

I just get the shaft.

And you know how we got to this point, where so many get back more than they paid in? At a time when tax rates were higher for everyone, Republicans wanted to reduce the rates. Those who were the lowest earners never paid income taxes, but they also did not get money back; they just didn't owe anything. But when they Republicans decided that they wanted to reduce the tax rates on higher income earners, they needed to show that they were not just cut taxes for the well to do, so they added in these credits for low income earners that actually gave them money back.

Besides the fact that it was part of a tax cutting strategy, it was also done to help offset what was considered to be spending cuts in welfare programs at the time. What it all boils down to is that this all took place as Republicans and Dems scratched each others backs giving and taking here and there. The problem was that we reduced revenue in the long run to our own detriment. While it worked fine when the economy was booming, nobody stopped to think what would happen in times when the economy tanked. By reducing tax rates as much as we did, we lost revenue from the top income earners all the way down to those who never paid anything as we started giving them money back.

The big problem is that nobody likes to raise taxes, even when it is in everyone's best interest.

The wealthy.

he hasnt done much for the poor

Look at the economy!!! Who has he done anything for!?!?!?!? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

when will you catch on?

saupload_corporate_tax_rates_by_country_2010.png

America has some of the highest corporate tax rates in the world.

How will raising taxes on those bastard rich people create jobs? How will it spur economic growth?!?!?!?

If you want to go after 'Those Rich Bastards" I would recommend IGNORING the income tax and propose a wealth tax that goes after their principle not interest.

Of course watch how fast your people are thrown out of office and their wealth is moved outside of your reach while they wealthy like the Kerrys and the Buffets and the Gates and the Soros all scream from outside your reach that the 'rich' pay their fair share... but not them.

If a person gets more credit for their taxes than they owe for taxes, their tax owed balance should be zero, not a negative liability. This is why I call the tax credits endowments.

Semantics.

You seem hung up on the semantics of all this. Call it whatever you want, the clear fact is that almost 50% of Americans, when it comes to tax time, pay in zero income taxes or get money back. That percentage fluctuates every year, obviously, but that's about it.

Now, if you want to call that an endowment or a chicken sandwich, it doesn't matter to me. What matters to me is what you think about it.

when will you catch on?

saupload_corporate_tax_rates_by_country_2010.png

America has some of the highest corporate tax rates in the world.

How will raising taxes on those bastard rich people create jobs? How will it spur economic growth?!?!?!?

Do you understand what effective rate is? Do you think corporations just pay the standard rates you listed?

taxchart11.jpg

taxchart2.jpg

Semantics.

You seem hung up on the semantics of all this. Call it whatever you want, the clear fact is that almost 50% of Americans, when it comes to tax time, pay in zero income taxes or get money back. That percentage fluctuates every year, obviously, but that's about it.

Now, if you want to call that an endowment or a chicken sandwich, it doesn't matter to me. What matters to me is what you think about it.

The quote in your signature is misleading. I don't lean left.

Forum List

Back