50% of Americans do not pay income tax?

Did this thread cleared up the statement about 50% of people not paying taxes?

• Yes

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Still unclear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just another silly thread

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They pay all sorts of taxes.

We use the income tax to level the playing field for people who need some of that money back to help them survive.

I wish you could comprehend the foolishness of this post.

do you truly think that tax return helps us survive?

You're saying that we would die w/o it.

seriously, from the bottom of my broke ass, gotta make the rent heart;

Fuck you

We can get by just fine w/o your bullshit.

Are you guys purposefully ignoring the facts being given you?

I submit that the facts are a twisted truth. I entered the work force in 1969. I have made little money and much money. When I made little money I filed my taxes. I paid when IRS said pay and I received when IRS said we want to give you more than what you paid. Now politicians are trying to say that I did not pay income taxes. This is a twisted representation of what happened.

Last edited:
3 years ago, I started doing my own taxes again, it's easy to do online now.

since then, I have gotten more back than I have put in every year.

so unless my tax credits or breaks are removed/lowered, I will continue to get more back.

I don't know if the 50% claim is true, but the claim that it does occur is very true.

So you're saying that you're part of the "mooching" class of society?

LOL! It depends on what you call a moocher. The news is reporting "Wall Street Aristocracy Got $1.2 Trillion in Fed’s Secret Loans" Did you get your 3 Billion mooch from the government? Neither did I. Most banks did, and that money went into the hands of about a dozen people who shit just like you do. So doesn't it make sense the top 10%ers would pay more and you would pay less? Did you get any benefit out of the trillions borrowed to run the war machine in the ME? I didn't either, but the rich did, they have lined their silk 911 pockets for over 12 years. So shouldn't they pay more taxes for all the profits we provided them with thousands of dead & maimed soldiers and trillions in debt?

Just wrap your head around it.

It is rather amusing that people focus on the bottom 50% of don't pay taxes while ignoring the trillions in "loans" given to foreign banks and corporations.

They lied.

I challenge anyone to find how much the bottom 25% of Americans make.

So you're saying that you're part of the "mooching" class of society?

LOL! It depends on what you call a moocher. The news is reporting "Wall Street Aristocracy Got $1.2 Trillion in Fed’s Secret Loans" Did you get your 3 Billion mooch from the government? Neither did I. Most banks did, and that money went into the hands of about a dozen people who shit just like you do. So doesn't it make sense the top 10%ers would pay more and you would pay less? Did you get any benefit out of the trillions borrowed to run the war machine in the ME? I didn't either, but the rich did, they have lined their silk 911 pockets for over 12 years. So shouldn't they pay more taxes for all the profits we provided them with thousands of dead & maimed soldiers and trillions in debt?

It is rather amusing that people focus on the bottom 50% of don't pay taxes while ignoring the trillions in "loans" given to foreign banks and corporations.

Cons are always playing that game, as they favor foreigners to Americans. They pick on the 2% of welfare & AFDC in our budget, and pump trillions into the war machine. They want to deny school lunches to children, medical care to seniors, blah blah, and hand out trillions to the rich.

I think basically the rich would rather see help go to Americans, but why look a gift horse in the face, with all those bennies rolling in. The temptation is too great, the shame and disdain from their own class is to high if they speak out or attempt to change the system.

Look how the rich & the cons treat Buffet & Gates for being honest. And Obama is one of the cons in his lil sheep clothing.

Last edited:
Willow its 45% not 50%

I know we are in the ball park. Here is a Heritage quote.

"Forty-nine percent of U.S. households paid no federal income tax at all."

TM doesn't care that we are speaking of Federal income tax, she wondered off the rez talking about everything else that's taxed.

Thus making it even clearer to me that everyone pays too much and the tax system is fubar.

Cons are always playing that game, as they favor foreigners to Americans. They pick on the 2% of welfare & AFDC in our budget, and pump trillions into the war machine. They want to deny school lunches to children, medical care to seniors, blah blah, and hand out trillions to the rich.

I think basically the rich would rather see help go to Americans, but why look a gift horse in the face, with all those bennies rolling in. The temptation is too great, the shame and disdain from their own class is to high if they speak out of attempt to change the system.

Look how the rich & the cons treat Buffet & Gates for being honest. And Obama is one of the cons in his lil sheep clothing.

You need to turn on msnbc STAT!! You are off script. The lie is; cons hate immagrants and black people.

I hope none of your blather masters see this slip up.

If Buffet and Gates have enough to pay more, they should hire more people, pay them and let them be taxed.

It will lower UE and increase tax rev.

course not one of you will notice that or admit to it.

The original intent of this post was to debunk the notion that 50% of people were not paying taxes. It is already evident that they do pay taxes but get endowments to exceed their taxes.

INCOME TAXES and yes around 50% of all tax returns had zero liability.

By debunk, do you mean not provide any evidence to the contrary? :eusa_eh:

If you read my original content, I eluded to the idea that the claims were Orwellian. If you are not familiar with that term , it refers to the writings of George Orwell who wrote the book "1984" in which he expressed a concern that the government would use a twist of words or phrases to create new meanings to those words and phrases. I invite you to enlighten yourself.
1984 by George Orwell isbn 0-452-28423-6
Read George Orwell's writings on line at: http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/o/orwell/george/

Right...I think I understand what you mean. Like when the government passes legislation with names like Statutory Pay-As-You-Go Act or Hiring Incentives to Restore Employment Act or American Recovery and Reinvestment Act; all of these pieces of legislation didn't do anything that their names implied.

AND these are things the government say actually saying.

While we are sharing classic literature, I suggest you read a little book called Animal Farm, but you are such a scholar I'm sure you already have.

I think basically the rich would rather see help go to Americans, but why look a gift horse in the face, with all those bennies rolling in. The temptation is too great, the shame and disdain from their own class is to high if they speak out of attempt to change the system.

Cons...mature. Those god damned bastard rich people are responsible for all the ills in this country!!! If only they could pay more of the tax burden, THEN your life you be great.

Jealousy and envy, that is what the left feeds off of.

INCOME TAXES and yes around 50% of all tax returns had zero liability.

By debunk, do you mean not provide any evidence to the contrary? :eusa_eh:

If you read my original content, I eluded to the idea that the claims were Orwellian. If you are not familiar with that term , it refers to the writings of George Orwell who wrote the book "1984" in which he expressed a concern that the government would use a twist of words or phrases to create new meanings to those words and phrases. I invite you to enlighten yourself.
Read George Orwell's writings on line at: http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/o/orwell/george/

Right...I think I understand what you mean. Like when the government passes legislation with names like Statutory Pay-As-You-Go Act or Hiring Incentives to Restore Employment Act or American Recovery and Reinvestment Act; all of these pieces of legislation didn't do anything that their names implied.

While we are sharing classic literature, I suggest you read a little book called Animal Farm, but you are such a scholar I'm sure you already have.

I highly recommend a re-reading of Animal Farm if you haven't read it in the past ten years. It applies more and more to our country today.
Animal Farm George Orwell ISBN 978-0-451-52634-2
For Audio book on tape call 1-800-628-1304 ISBN 1-55690-018-X

I highly recommend a re-reading of Animal Farm if you haven't read it in the past ten years. It applies more and more to our country today.

Thank you for providing the ISBN. What condescendingly asshole way to not make a point at all.

Yes, the critique of the rise of Soviet Russia applies more and more to this country. Please enlighten me. :popcorn:

Trying to say the POOR should pay for the mess the wealthy created in this country is insane.

The wealthy benifited from the disaster capitalism they created and Now want the poor (those who suffered the most from it) to pay the cost of it.

In the past we have had much higher rates for the wealthy and they still had the best lifestyles in the world.

They dont give up much to pay their fair share but when you try and make the Poor pay the wealthys share they do suffer greatly.

Thank you for providing the ISBN. What condescendingly asshole way to not make a point at all.

Yes, the critique of the rise of Soviet Russia applies more and more to this country. Please enlighten me. :popcorn:

One of my most favorite tidbits:

Nancy Pelosi: “We have to pass the (health care) bill so you can find out what is in it”.

"You go through the gate. If the gate’s closed, you go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we’ll pole-vault in. If that doesn’t work, we’ll parachute in. But we’re going to get health care reform passed for the American people. " At the time, 61% of the American people were saying it was time for Congress to scrap ObamaCare.
Just to name a couple.

Forum List

Back