50,000 to italy........

manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Oct 28, 2004
california
150 people dead in big earthquake and we send 50k....

"We send our heartfelt condolences to the families of those killed in the earthquake. Our embassy in Rome will provide 50,000 (dollars) in emergency relief funding," State Department spokesman Robert Wood told reporters......

US gives 50,000 dlrs for quake-hit Italy

This might be something I can agree with. Keep our money home; get and keep our troops home, maybe it is time to go 'Europe' on the world, it's worked for them.

Have $$ after taxes and inflation? Send them to the latest disaster area.

This might be something I can agree with. Keep our money home; get and keep our troops home, maybe it is time to go 'Europe' on the world, it's worked for them.

money for a tragedy i am ok with....money to israel and egypt etc... so they won't kill each other is stupid....and i agree no troops anywhere but at bases inside our borders....

money for a tragedy i am ok with....money to israel and egypt etc... so they won't kill each other is stupid....and i agree no troops anywhere but at bases inside our borders....

Yep, I'm for becoming isolationist again. It's worked out well in the past. But, the past is past, and now we have allies we can depend on to help keep us safe.

The government shouldnt give any money.

The people, however, should be generous in sending relief.

All of my Italian relatives but a couple live in L'Aquida, where the earthquake took place. We awoke this morning from a phone call from my Uncle Danny who lives here in the usa of the news....my mother who is Italian born then spent the rest of the day trying to find out if they are all okay and could not get through on the phone...until she finally reached my cousins who live in a town called Sabaudia.

They said that 10 of my uncles and aunts and cousins were alive, 2 still unaccounted for, and their homes were devastated and in rubble but they managed to make it to a friends home outside of the city.

They lost all that they owned, including their homes, but are grateful to be alive. Still hoping that my cousin giovanni and her family is okay, but we still have not been able to reach them.

The political aspect of the money to help or not help means nothing to me.

Care

All of my Italian relatives but a couple live in L'Aquida, where the earthquake took place. We awoke this morning from a phone call from my Uncle Danny who lives here in the usa of the news....my mother who is Italian born then spent the rest of the day trying to find out if they are all okay and could not get through on the phone...until she finally reached my cousins who live in a town called Sabaudia.

They said that 10 of my uncles and aunts and cousins were alive, 2 still unaccounted for, and their homes were devastated and in rubble but they managed to make it to a friends home outside of the city.

They lost all that they owned, including their homes, but are grateful to be alive. Still hoping that my cousin giovanni and her family is okay, but we still have not been able to reach them.

Care

I hope all of your family are okay..

Care

Thanks Willow....it's a small world I suppose!

My parents were just there last year on vacation visiting them....I am grateful my parents were not there during this earthquake!

Still no news on my cousin giavanni and her family.

Care

Care

my thoughts are with you and your family that all are safe and well......

Care

my thoughts are with you and yours. may things work out as good as can be....

Care

Care I pray for your family members. One of my friends family too, described here:

Massive earthquake strikes Italy, leaving dozens dead - Times Online

I'm not backing off that US shouldn't be giving money to other nations, but I hope the American people are generous.

Care

Care I pray for your family members. One of my friends family too, described here:

Massive earthquake strikes Italy, leaving dozens dead - Times Online

I'm not backing off that US shouldn't be giving money to other nations, but I hope the American people are generous.

I don't know how i feel about the money and help from the usa....i know that we will help our family as much as we can and i am certain others will come to their aid as well...it doesn't have to be any government...

Care

Care

Thanks Willow....it's a small world I suppose!

My parents were just there last year on vacation visiting them....I am grateful my parents were not there during this earthquake!

Still no news on my cousin giavanni and her family.

Care

keep us posted. my prayers to everbody over there.

Right wingers will ALWAYS find something to politicize. News flash: Italy isn't the US. We have no idea how much damage there is - when Italy sends us a request for money, believe me, it will top over 50 million. Italy is one of the US's closest allies.

Right wingers will ALWAYS find something to politicize. News flash: Italy isn't the US. We have no idea how much damage there is - when Italy sends us a request for money, believe me, it will top over 50 million. Italy is one of the US's closest allies.

ahhhhhhhhh the us giving foreign aid is politics

Forum List

Back