Non Combat Related PTSD and Other Welfare Scams

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Non Combat Related PTSD and Other Welfare Scams

We have loads of genuinely disabled military coming home since the Bush/Cheney war years started. We do not have unlimited funds.

Time to clean house

that's right. cut some of the benefits for bums who served a few years and fake service related so-called disabilities.

We all know them. We let these creatures dictate discussions of veteran's affairs?

Screw 'em. Somebody needs to stand up and be counted. We have new veterans who need the services and dollars we spend on the VA and services to veterans. Throw most of the Vietnam Era frauds off the dole along with many from Iraq and Afghanistan who are faking it.

That will take a lot of psych docs and a pretty penny in itself to weed out the fakes, Dante. Just how do you think that is going work out with limited funds to begin with?

that's right. cut some of the benefits for bums who served a few years and fake service related so-called disabilities.

We all know them. We let these creatures dictate discussions of veteran's affairs?

Screw 'em. Somebody needs to stand up and be counted. We have new veterans who need the services and dollars we spend on the VA and services to veterans. Throw most of the Vietnam Era frauds off the dole along with many from Iraq and Afghanistan who are faking it.

Now you are starting to sound like the old left I remember from Vietnam. Doesn't it feel better than pretending you actually appreciate the Military?

Now you are starting to sound like the old left I remember from Vietnam. Doesn't it feel better than pretending you actually appreciate the Military?

The US Military fired on the Bonus Marchers. You should get an education before you try to enter a thread Dante is in

MacArthur's Troops fired on the bonus marchers in the early 30's. A lot happened since then including the left wing bombing of the Pentagon and Military recruiting stations. Tell us more about your opinion of the Military as long as you are on a rant Dante.

That will take a lot of psych docs and a pretty penny in itself to weed out the fakes, Dante. Just how do you think that is going work out with limited funds to begin with?

and the savings would dwarf any costs.

Throw the bums out! They are not all psych cases

Perhaps...but, compared to the thousands that are, don't you think it safer to treat them the same? I mean, after all, they must have some sort of mental issue to 'fake' ptsd or whatever other mental disorder that our men and women come back with from war.

The testing that one must go through is quite extensive in order to be determined to have PTSD. There is nothing glamorous about it and the treatment is arduous to say the least.

Dante what do you base your premise on?

The testing that one must go through is quite extensive in order to be determined to have PTSD. There is nothing glamorous about it and the treatment is arduous to say the least.

Frauds I know. Bums, drunks, drug addicts, thieves, losers. Not saying those things disqualify them but these people have used the whole welfare system as well as the VA one. It's about a sense of entitlement and a mindset that scams most everything in sight.

While I was volunteering or checking out places, I had social workers from the VA try to talk me into filing before they even knew anything about me. They mean well, but so do most assholes. All they knew was I might qualify.

Last edited:

Frauds I know. Bums, drunks, drug addicts, thieves, losers. Not saying those things disqualify them but these people have used the whole welfare system as well as the VA one. It's about a sense of entitlement and a mindset that scams most everything in sight.

I had social workers from the VA try to talk me into filing before they even knew anything about me. They mean well, but so do most assholes.

Filing a claim and being declared having a service connected disability or injury are two different things. Further, it is only by filing that a veteran will be able to determine what they are entitled to; not just medical, but vocational rehabilitation and education benefits as well as other benefits. Veterans served their country and should investigate what is available to them.

While I was volunteering or checking out places, I had social workers from the VA try to talk me into filing before they even knew anything about me. They mean well, but so do most assholes. All they knew was I might qualify.

They mean well, but so do most assholes

LOL Dante, so you show a bit of compassion to 'assholes' that mean well? A bit contridictory, don't you think?

Forum List

Back