4th Grade Science Test

Never mind the failed attempt to deflect, the thread isn’t about the Big Bang Theory, it’s about Christian fundamentalists teaching school children that humans and dinosaurs lived at the same time, find 33 top scientists who agree with that.
When we teach Creationism, we are teaching children to accept as scientific fact what has been accepted on faith. This goes against the scientific method because in science, the initial hypothesis is always subject to change. With creationism the faith is never subject to change regardless of the evidence. Creationism start with a conclusion and seek evidence to support the conclusion. If the evidence does not support the conclusion then we disregard the evidence because we cannot reject what we accept on faith. It is just another means of defending the faith. It's not science and we shouldn't be using our tax dollars to teach it to our kids. If the churches want to teach this, that's ok with me, but not with our tax dollars.

Those tax dollars are the tax dollars of fundamentalists, too. Do you think they should have to subsidize teachings abhorent to their beliefs?

That doesn’t give Christian fundamentalists license to try to pass off myth and superstition as ‘facts.’

And however ‘abhorrent’ some Christians may find it, it is a fact that dinosaurs were gone 60 million years before the advent of the first hominids, and that the Earth is indeed billions of years old.

Perhaps for the benefit of the limp wristers on here we can show what they teach in muslim schools? Maybe liberals will insult that too? Will you?
It is appears that Muslims are much closer to convention scientific thought in regard to creation and evolution than Christians.

Muslims interpret the description of a "six day" creation as six distinct periods or eons. The length of these periods is not precisely defined, nor are the specific developments that took place during each period.

Allah is never "done" with His work, because the process of creation is ongoing. Each new child who is born, every seed that sprouts into a sapling, every new species that appears on earth, is part of the ongoing process of Allah's creation.

Creation and Evolution in Islam

Question: Doesn’t 2 Peter 3:8 indicate that the days of creation might not be literal, but thousands of years long?

Answer: 2 Peter 3:8–9 reads:

‘But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance
Guess the creationist have their own interpretation

What was the school and who was the teacher? How do you this wasnt just a Sunday School class where they have every right to teach that ?

They would have every right to teach that? :eek:

Would a Sunday School have every right to teach that all Rightwingers were evil and anti-American, and hammer that into them every week?

OMG. Did freedom of religion bit the dust. So soon?

As to your second question one name comes to mind.........Jeremiah Wright.

And we all know that wingnuts had no problems with Rev. Wright!

Just ask Hannity!

Are you saying that wingnuts were disgustingly wrong for criticizing Wright?

My oh my......our nutters have suddenly discovered a desire for substantiated claims. How interesting!

The nutball grip on the Bible is hilariously feeble.

In early-mid 1950s Bible school along a dirt road in Appalachia the dumbest fucking kid there to get out of making hay learned that God's day is as a thousand years but the nutball creationist clownshow takes the literal view (as almost all undeveloped minds do) and deems the earth to be a few thousand years old.

Other humorous examples of nutball malapropaganda include... The Bible doesn't contain a word against voluntary abortion and only prescribes small fines for accidentally inducing an abortion in the wife of another. The Bible is clear and specific that life begins with the "quickening" or first breath.

To cut to the chase, not only are the lessons crazy, they don't even represent the religion they claim to represent.

Creationism is a lot like Republican Presidential administrations after, say, 1978.

Last edited:
Wait! You liberals say you love science and you claim we think science is bull shit. I say this test is bull shit taught by a bull shit teacher so I must hate science then.
It's obviously not from a public school. It's from a private, "faith-based" school or charter school, using taxpayer money to promote this crap and warp our childrens' minds.

For all we know, it's made-up bullshit.

Prove it's genuine. Then explain why the taxpayers should care.

554563_474354935968057_1950018821_n.jpg

What was the school and who was the teacher? How do you this wasnt just a Sunday School class where they have every right to teach that ?

Would a Sunday School have every right to teach that all Rightwingers were evil and anti-American, and hammer that into them every week?

Are we talking about Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago now?

Science proposes this juxtaposition; an embryo is not a life when it's aborted yet it is a life when it's implanted during in vitro fertilization.

That doesn’t give Christian fundamentalists license to try to pass off myth and superstition as ‘facts.’

The fact that they aren't using tax dollars gives them license to do pretty much whatever they want.

And however ‘abhorrent’ some Christians may find it, it is a fact that dinosaurs were gone 60 million years before the advent of the first hominids, and that the Earth is indeed billions of years old.

Lot's of things they teach in government schools are not facts, like the whole AGW abracadabra.

Last edited:
Perhaps for the benefit of the limp wristers on here we can show what they teach in muslim schools? Maybe liberals will insult that too? Will you?
It is appears that Muslims are much closer to convention scientific thought in regard to creation and evolution than Christians.

Muslims interpret the description of a "six day" creation as six distinct periods or eons. The length of these periods is not precisely defined, nor are the specific developments that took place during each period.

Allah is never "done" with His work, because the process of creation is ongoing. Each new child who is born, every seed that sprouts into a sapling, every new species that appears on earth, is part of the ongoing process of Allah's creation.

Creation and Evolution in Islam

Do you think all Christians are fundamentalists?

I'm a Christian and my beliefs regarding creation are more like what you say the Muslims believe than what you say Christians believe. I really don't think there are a lot of Christians who believe the universe was created in six literal days. If people want to believe that way, it's fine with me.

There are two creation stories in the bible. One is a litany, the other is a parable concerning the loss of innocence and man's relationship with God and the universe.

When we teach Creationism, we are teaching children to accept as scientific fact what has been accepted on faith. This goes against the scientific method because in science, the initial hypothesis is always subject to change. With creationism the faith is never subject to change regardless of the evidence. Creationism start with a conclusion and seek evidence to support the conclusion. If the evidence does not support the conclusion then we disregard the evidence because we cannot reject what we accept on faith. It is just another means of defending the faith. It's not science and we shouldn't be using our tax dollars to teach it to our kids. If the churches want to teach this, that's ok with me, but not with our tax dollars.

Those tax dollars are the tax dollars of fundamentalists, too. Do you think they should have to subsidize teachings abhorent to their beliefs?

They teaching that in law school nowadays. Somehow I seriously doubt that.

Sure. It's not up to me to tell them what to teach or believe. It isn't up to you, either.

My oh my......our nutters have suddenly discovered a desire for substantiated claims. How interesting!

The nutball grip on the Bible is hilariously feeble.

In early-mid 1950s Bible school along a dirt road in Appalachia the dumbest fucking kid there to get out of making hay learned that God's day is as a thousand years but the nutball creationist clownshow takes the literal view (as almost all undeveloped minds do) and deems the earth to be a few thousand years old.

Other humorous examples of nutball malapropaganda include... The Bible doesn't contain a word against voluntary abortion and only prescribes small fines for accidentally inducing an abortion in the wife of another. The Bible is clear and specific that life begins with the "quickening" or first breath.

To cut to the chase, not only are the lessons crazy, they don't even represent the religion they claim to represent.

Creationism is a lot like Republican Presidential administrations after, say, 1978.

Another biblical scholar heard from. Heaven help us.

However abhorrent you may find it, they have the right to believe as they believe and you do not have the right to take their money to teach your children something else. Do it with your own money. What a fine job evading the question.

It's amazing how liberals justify robbery.

By the way, the age of the earth depends on what method you use to measure it. Different methods produce different results.

It's an educated guess at best.

In truth, it doesn't matter to anyone but atheist fundamentalists,Christian fundamentalists and a stray academic or two how old the earth is. Fundie atheists like to use the fundamentalist Christian belief as a bludgeon to inhibit religious freedom. Like Christian fundamentalists, they are a literal-minded lot. They use "science" courses to push their naturalistic view of the universe instead of teaching scientific method. They really need to learn the difference between science and philosophy.

Science is a method of inquiry, Naturalism and materialism are philosophies, not science.

There is absolutely no valid reason scientific inquiry has to be based on materialism, yet fundie atheists insist on it.

It is valid to teach students the scientific methods used to determine the age of the earth. There is no valid reason to belittle or ridicule their religious beliefs.

Last edited:
Wait! You liberals say you love science and you claim we think science is bull shit. I say this test is bull shit taught by a bull shit teacher so I must hate science then.
It's obviously not from a public school. It's from a private, "faith-based" school or charter school, using taxpayer money to promote this crap and warp our childrens' minds.

For all we know, it's made-up bullshit.

Prove it's genuine. Then explain why the taxpayers should care.

LOL

Let me see if I have this sorted out:

Religious nutters are getting all bent out of shape over the validity of this quiz, refusing to believe it's true because there is no proof, and yet they'll devote their entire lives and existence to a book that was written 2000 years ago and live under a made up deity also in the absence of proof.

Here's why taxpayers should care: Religious nutters are infiltrating schools and taxes are wasted on teaching religious crap to kids. As far as I know, no taxes have been wasted on this possibly bogus quiz, if it is indeed bogus. If it is real, it's a travesty on many levels.

Forum List

Back