480 year old tree in Wrexham wins tree of the year award.

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

1697656910485.png

Its worth a look but there are better trees in the area. There is a Spanish Oak in the Wynnstay Park that is an amazing tree. Sadly there is no picture online.

View attachment 844852

Its worth a look but there are better trees in the area. There is a Spanish Oak in the Wynnstay Park that is an amazing tree. Sadly there is no picture online.
That's a beauty and it looks healthy.
We have a fig tree in Ventura that isn't that old and not that good looking, but it's always there to see.

1697659399171.png

It's a Moreton Bay Fig. Planted in 1874.

View attachment 844852

Well someone cut down its competition. It is like the arborist Tanya Harding having that other skater beaten down to try to steal her spot.

We have a fig tree in Ventura that isn't that old and not that good looking, but it's always there to see.

View attachment 844860

Thats a thing of beauty. Trees that feed us are special. Do you have sweet chesnuts over there ?

View attachment 844852

View attachment 844860

HEY! I know that tree!

View attachment 844860

It's not in Ventura. It's in Santa Barbara. Anyone who is from that area knows that. It's next to the freeway, not far from West Beach.

The Bristle Cone pine is about 3000 years old. It is in the White Inyo mountains of southern Cali8fornia and I still have a piece of the bark,

The Bristle Cone pine is about 3000 years old. It is in the White Inyo mountains of southern Cali8fornia and I still have a piece of the bark,

The Methuselah Tree, in the area that you mention, is confirmed as dated from 2,833 BC, making it the oldest confirmed non-clonal tree in existence.

Three thousand years ago, it was already more than 1,800 years old.

And it's not really in southern Calfiornia. More northern than southern, but I don't know that it's far enough north to qualify as “northern California”. It's a lot closer to Sacramento, than it is to Los Angeles.

Forum List

Back