47 Million Year Old Find..

What, pray tell, is so ridiculous about this "claim" if you agree that science and religion co-exist without problems?

I find the claim that this fossil represents a human ancestor ridiculous because they are announcing the verdict before the trial, as always, and it will almost certainly be shown to be nothing more than hype in the end. The people who make these claims are always so excited to get to go prove all the creationists wrong that they forget to check it out first.

Really, do you know who heads most of the archaeological departments in universities that make these finds, many of them are christians who want to know how it was done, since their own book only says why. This whole "missing link" nonsense also has no bearing on human evolution anyway, since the actual "missing link" is several steps back from modern human and does not prove anything one way or the other. So again, why is it so ridiculous to have found one such possibility, also note that it's still referred to as "highly possible" and not yet fact.

Not only that but this partiular fossil has been around, so to speak. There's hardly any left of the actual fossil, it's never been dated, it's been divided up, "lost" and "refound", and had artificial substances added to it to make it appear whole.

It's a fucking joke that doesn't prove anything except the naivte or pure stupidity of the fools who fall for this crap every single time.

It's like people who believe in aliens, but laugh at people who believe God.

I find the claim that this fossil represents a human ancestor ridiculous because they are announcing the verdict before the trial, as always, and it will almost certainly be shown to be nothing more than hype in the end. The people who make these claims are always so excited to get to go prove all the creationists wrong that they forget to check it out first.

Really, do you know who heads most of the archaeological departments in universities that make these finds, many of them are christians who want to know how it was done, since their own book only says why. This whole "missing link" nonsense also has no bearing on human evolution anyway, since the actual "missing link" is several steps back from modern human and does not prove anything one way or the other. So again, why is it so ridiculous to have found one such possibility, also note that it's still referred to as "highly possible" and not yet fact.

Not only that but this partiular fossil has been around, so to speak. There's hardly any left of the actual fossil, it's never been dated, it's been divided up, "lost" and "refound", and had artificial substances added to it to make it appear whole.

It's a fucking joke that doesn't prove anything except the naivte or pure stupidity of the fools who fall for this crap every single time.

What if we laugh at both? :eusa_eh:

Or neither.

See, here's the thing, you are picking and choosing (a skill not uncommon to zealots) what to use as fact, and what you pick and choose to ignore only makes you look a fool. Though I have to appreciate people like you, since the harder you push the more people are willing to follow science and back away from religious zealotry. There are many different types of people who believe in aliens, some are like me, alien life exists because the universe is to vast for life to have only appeared on one planet, however, chances of them being advanced enough to "visit" us are slim at best. Then there are the alien freaks, who, like you, have a dream and think it was real, thus the myths of them being "probed" and experimented on by visitors. Follow the dream, but do not ignore reality to do so, or you look like an alien nut, and so far you sound just like them.

YOu see, as usual,you are completely off track. I may pick and choose, but I admit it.

What I object to is the sneering elitism of those who ALSO pick and choose...on the other side.

BTW, my son does not believe. But he doesn't prance around as most here do stating that all those who do believe are ignorant. He knows better. His arguments against believing don't focus on how stupid those who believe are.

BTW, my son does not believe. But he doesn't prance around as most here do stating that all those who do believe are ignorant. He knows better. His arguments against believing don't focus on how stupid those who believe are.

as usual, you completely missed the point.

No one is calling believers idiots. My parent were practicing christians and were some of the smartest people I know.

People who believe the earth is 6000 years old, that the Eve talked to a snake in the garden of Eden, and a dude name jonah lived in the belly of a fish, are people who have the mental capacity of a 6 year old.

Those are fairy tales, metaphors. If you take them as literal truth, I have no problem calling you a fool.

as usual, you completely missed the point.

No one is calling believers idiots. My parent were practicing christians and were some of the smartest people I know.

People who believe the earth is 6000 years old, that the Eve talked to a snake in the garden of Eden, and a dude name jonah lived in the belly of a fish, are people who have the mental capacity of a 6 year old.

Those are fairy tales, metaphors. If you take them as literal truth, I have no problem calling you a fool.
RD....i believe they think CIVILIZATION is about 6,000 yrs old not the planet....at least the 4-5 religions i investigated said as much....besides we all know we were put here by a very ancient and advanced race of beings called the PRESERVERS.....:eusa_eh:

It isn't ridiculous to make such a find, it is only their showmanship and assumptions which are ridiculous. The claims that it is the missing link and giving it a human name are very presumptuous and intended for stirring up controversy only. I don't think we can talk about this case any further. From here we either have to wait several years or talk about the last missing link they rolled out with much fanfare and was then subsequently discredited.

One thing I will agree with you on, the "missing link" idea is ridiculous. Evolution is a constant series of "links". What is important about this find is it's state of preservation, and the connection it establishes between the early lemurs, monkeys, and apes. That it is near the base of an important branching of the evolutionary bush is very relevant to how modern species developed.

evolution is a natural course of nature....just like the last great ice age that reduced the human population....just like the people who survived the bubonic plague...they have something going for them....i thought you were a christian?

nope.....for life to start it needs to be created.....things can not evolve from nothing....

BUT that is EXACTLY the theory of HOW LIFE STARTED ON EARTH, from nothing.

evolution is a natural course of nature....just like the last great ice age that reduced the human population....just like the people who survived the bubonic plague...they have something going for them....i thought you were a christian?

nope.....for life to start it needs to be created.....things can not evolve from nothing....

No, evolution is the fact of how life became what it is, it speaks of nothing about how it started or why it started, just how and why certain "traits" exist.

Or neither.

See, here's the thing, you are picking and choosing (a skill not uncommon to zealots) what to use as fact, and what you pick and choose to ignore only makes you look a fool. Though I have to appreciate people like you, since the harder you push the more people are willing to follow science and back away from religious zealotry. There are many different types of people who believe in aliens, some are like me, alien life exists because the universe is to vast for life to have only appeared on one planet, however, chances of them being advanced enough to "visit" us are slim at best. Then there are the alien freaks, who, like you, have a dream and think it was real, thus the myths of them being "probed" and experimented on by visitors. Follow the dream, but do not ignore reality to do so, or you look like an alien nut, and so far you sound just like them.

The chance an alien super intelligent form has been spying on the Earth for who knows how long by flying space craft around is pretty damn silly. Do I believe there is other life out there? Sure do. It would be nearly impossible for that not to be the case. Ohh and it is supported by the Bible.

No, evolution is the fact of how life became what it is, it speaks of nothing about how it started or why it started, just how and why certain "traits" exist.

THAT would be WHY I specified the whole " How life started" part dumb ass. I am well aware of what evolution discusses but you seem unable to understand that to HAVE evolution one must first HAVE life. And the Scientific theories on how THAT happened are ignorant as hell.

Really pretty stupid comments, Allie. First, this is one of the best preserved fossils that we have of any species. We can see what the last meal was, and even see a shadow of what the fur was like. It is dated very well. Volcanic deposits are extremely easy to date accurately. The rock the fossil is in was in two halves. And, as noted in the article, it has been x-rayed, and shows beautiful interior features in the bones.

The only thing proving stupid here is you.

Or neither.

The chance an alien super intelligent form has been spying on the Earth for who knows how long by flying space craft around is pretty damn silly. Do I believe there is other life out there? Sure do. It would be nearly impossible for that not to be the case. Ohh and it is supported by the Bible.

Um ... re-read what I posted, that's mostly the same, except the very last part which I just don't give a damn about.

THAT would be WHY I specified the whole " How life started" part dumb ass. I am well aware of what evolution discusses but you seem unable to understand that to HAVE evolution one must first HAVE life. And the Scientific theories on how THAT happened are ignorant as hell.

There are yet no good "Scientific Theories" on abiogenisis, some very interesting and well based hypothesis, but none have "Theory" standing yet, in science. In fact, today, we see many, many possible avenues to abiogenisis in several differant envioronments.

There are yet no good "Scientific Theories" on abiogenisis, some very interesting and well based hypothesis, but none have "Theory" standing yet, in science. In fact, today, we see many, many possible avenues to abiogenisis in several differant envioronments.

Sure we do. And you complain about the Bible. Your worship of the white smock would be hilarious if not so stupid.

Sure we do. And you complain about the Bible. Your worship of the white smock would be hilarious if not so stupid.

The worship of anything human made is stupid, even if it's a book which only has itself to prove itself.

Actually, science does NOT fill in the blanks, as this thread has proven. This isn't science. It's conjecture combined with sham.

Allie, you are calling your Deity a liar. If your deity created the Earth as it is, then why did your deity create things that are obviously millions and billions of years old, by physical evidence. If you state that your deity liked to create things that way, then you are stating that your Deity is a pathological liar.

What is stupid is that you have the most wonderful instrument for research ever invented sitting in front of you, and you use is solely to prove your own ignorance.

Evolution -- Abiogenesis -- Origin of Life

Forum List

Back