47 Million Year Old Find..

There are yet no good "Scientific Theories" on abiogenisis, some very interesting and well based hypothesis, but none have "Theory" standing yet, in science. In fact, today, we see many, many possible avenues to abiogenisis in several differant envioronments.

Sure we do. And you complain about the Bible. Your worship of the white smock would be hilarious if not so stupid.

The worship of anything human made is stupid, even if it's a book which only has itself to prove itself.

It does not just have itself to prove itself on. You see if you pray and actually want God in your life you get some assurance other than just a book.

Let me tell you how I came to the Church I joined in my early 20's.

I lived with my Grandparents as I was not making enough to live on my own, in the process of joining the military ( took 2 years to do that, we won't discuss why LOL). I found my life lacking. Hadn't been to any church since I was a kid. And no one in my life was very religious at all. Ohh My Grandmother claimed she was a catholic but never attended or anything.

I walked out into a park near my home and found a secluded spot. I quietly prayed for an answer.

A few days later a series of people came knocking on my door offering religion. Now I had lived with my Grandparents for several years and our area was not a hot bed of activity, in fact I do not recall anyoe coming to the door at all before.

I Sent each person or group away and told them to come back in a week or two. The only people that came back was the Mormon Missionaries.

I agreed to listen to them. And while they talked to me over the next few weeks I prayed. During all that time NONE of the other groups came back. In fact until the day I joined the military that one short period was the ONLY time such groups came to our door.

I prayed and listened to the Missionaries, I went to their church and took their classes. And I realized they were whom I should allow to teach me more about God. Before I left to join the Military I was baptized in the Church and to this day, even though I do not go to church ( can't handle crowds) I believe this church is more correct then any other.

And not because of any book at all.

Sure we do. And you complain about the Bible. Your worship of the white smock would be hilarious if not so stupid.

The worship of anything human made is stupid, even if it's a book which only has itself to prove itself.

It does not just have itself to prove itself on. You see if you pray and actually want God in your life you get some assurance other than just a book.

I lived with my Grandparents as I was not making enough to live on my own, in the process of joining the military ( took 2 years to do that, we won't discuss why LOL). I found my life lacking. Hadn't been to any church since I was a kid. And no one in my life was very religious at all. Ohh My Grandmother claimed she was a catholic but never attended or anything.

I walked out into a park near my home and found a secluded spot. I quietly prayed for an answer.

A few days later a series of people came knocking on my door offering religion. Now I had lived with my Grandparents for several years and our area was not a hot bed of activity, in fact I do not recall anyoe coming to the door at all before.

I Sent each person or group away and told them to come back in a week or two. The only people that came back was the Mormon Missionaries.

I agreed to listen to them. And while they talked to me over the next few weeks I prayed. During all that time NONE of the other groups came back. In fact until the day I joined the military that one short period was the ONLY time such groups came to our door.

I prayed and listened to the Missionaries, I went to their church and took their classes. And I realized they were whom I should allow to teach me more about God. Before I left to join the Military I was baptized in the Church and to this day, even though I do not go to church ( can't handle crowds) I believe this church is more correct then any other.

Those who wish to fly hard enough, will believe they can as well.

I truly feel sorry for one so lost.

I truly feel sorry for one so lost.

Perhaps it is you who is lost and I see too clearly. See, here's the thing, science is what we have for fact, indisputable, tangible, and pure, without bias. But religion is pure bias and based on dreams and wishes. Again, when you wish you could fly enough, you will eventually believe it, and no one else will ever be able to tell you otherwise.

THAT would be WHY I specified the whole " How life started" part dumb ass. I am well aware of what evolution discusses but you seem unable to understand that to HAVE evolution one must first HAVE life. And the Scientific theories on how THAT happened are ignorant as hell.

There are yet no good "Scientific Theories" on abiogenisis, some very interesting and well based hypothesis, but none have "Theory" standing yet, in science. In fact, today, we see many, many possible avenues to abiogenisis in several differant envioronments.

No one is "complaining" about the bible.

The bible is a book written by men, that has good metaphors and stories. It may or may not be divinely inspired. I choose to believe their was no deity who spoke to men who transcribed the diety's words. If someone wants to believe a diety spoke those words to me, fine by me.

But the minute you start holding the bible forth as an accurate rendering of history, and that Eve actualy spoke to a talking snake, and that Jonah lived in the belly of a fish, I'm going to ridicule you as a someone who has a child-like faith in things that never happened.

Last edited:
BUT that is EXACTLY the theory of HOW LIFE STARTED ON EARTH, from nothing.

No, evolution is the fact of how life became what it is, it speaks of nothing about how it started or why it started, just how and why certain "traits" exist.

It only explains minor changes within a species.

Allie, you're not a real christian if you believe the world is older than about 6000 years. They're stoking up a seat for you in hell.

Says who?

Besides, I haven't found any indisputable evidence that the world is older than that.

And which, btw, has nothing to do with my comment that there is no evidence which supports leaps from once species to another.

BTW, my son does not believe. But he doesn't prance around as most here do stating that all those who do believe are ignorant. He knows better. His arguments against believing don't focus on how stupid those who believe are.

as usual, you completely missed the point.

No one is calling believers idiots. My parent were practicing christians and were some of the smartest people I know.

People who believe the earth is 6000 years old, that the Eve talked to a snake in the garden of Eden, and a dude name jonah lived in the belly of a fish, are people who have the mental capacity of a 6 year old.

Those are fairy tales, metaphors. If you take them as literal truth, I have no problem calling you a fool.

Especially when human knowledge is such that it no longer needs metaphors to explain phenomena.

Can I ask a question though? And this is for those of us who privilege science over religion where the two are seemingly in conflict.

Australian aboriginal people have various creation myths called "Dreaming". Actually it's a lot more complex than creation myths but that's another topic. There are many aboriginal people who believe those myths. Are they fools? I think they're prisoners of their own culture, just as religious people who can't accept the proofs of science and prefer religious/scriptural explanations are prisoners of their own culture.

I still do NOT BELIEVE the Holy Bible was EVER meant to be a Science Book....

I am as religious as they come and very sound, standing on a rock foundation, in my beliefs...and I do believe every Word I've read in the Bible, I just am humble enough to recognize, that I may not fully understand all that I've read....not that I don't understand each individual word, but that over the millenia or longer, hidden meanings behind the Word's metaphors and symbolism and astrology and numerology, have been lost....though I will say, much that was very greek to me in the Bible, is now becoming clearer in my old age with newer, deeper meaning...

Care

BTW, my son does not believe. But he doesn't prance around as most here do stating that all those who do believe are ignorant. He knows better. His arguments against believing don't focus on how stupid those who believe are.

as usual, you completely missed the point.

No one is calling believers idiots. My parent were practicing christians and were some of the smartest people I know.

People who believe the earth is 6000 years old, that the Eve talked to a snake in the garden of Eden, and a dude name jonah lived in the belly of a fish, are people who have the mental capacity of a 6 year old.

Those are fairy tales, metaphors. If you take them as literal truth, I have no problem calling you a fool.

Especially when human knowledge is such that it no longer needs metaphors to explain phenomena.

Can I ask a question though? And this is for those of us who privilege science over religion where the two are seemingly in conflict.

Australian aboriginal people have various creation myths called "Dreaming". Actually it's a lot more complex than creation myths but that's another topic. There are many aboriginal people who believe those myths. Are they fools? I think they're prisoners of their own culture, just as religious people who can't accept the proofs of science and prefer religious/scriptural explanations are prisoners of their own culture.

ok, you got my interest, what is the Dreaming part?

care

ok, you got my interest, what is the Dreaming part?

care

I don't want to derail the thread but the Dreaming concept isn't just about creation myths, it's a cultural record that brings in mythology, group history and contemporary mores into a single conceptual map of beliefs and behaviours which guide an individual and the group in traditional communities (when I refer to "traditional" I mean contemporary groups which choose to live more or less as their ancestors have done, although with some updates such as use of modern technology).

The Dreaming - Australia's Culture Portal

47 million years old and they could actually get a picture of an almost complete form.

And they saw a broken wrist as well as being able to figure out that is what killed her.

Amazing..
I love that shit! I hope they do a special on the discovery channel or maybe they already have. I just saw it on my browser headlines. And to think there are people who do not believe in evolution.:cuckoo:

History Channel, 8 p.m. Central Time tomorrow night (Monday) I do believe.

I cant friggin wait to watch it.

I told those close to me that I EXPECT to be left alone for a full hour so I can watch this :tongue:

Yep, it was on tonight.

I fell asleep about half-way through, but what I did see was very interesting.

Oh well, it'll be on again a dozen times in the next couple weeks.

Says who?

Besides, I haven't found any indisputable evidence that the world is older than that.

If you have traveled Eastern Oregon and make that statement, you are blind. The many buttes made up of layer after layer of basalt, each with a layer of soil sandwiched between the flows. Ask most farmers and they can tell you how many years it takes to weather an inch of soil from rock. Those layers add up to far more than 6000 years. Simple observation available to any that travel in that area.

New Topics

Forum List

Back