45 Million on food stamps

Food+Stamp+Bush.jpg

Thank God we can.

Consider what life would be like if we couldn't.

45 million people without enough to eat?

If only the food stamp recipients made better food choices.

They would live longer to enjoy the benefits longer and ease the burden on the health care system. Why do you never see a fat 80 something?

Providing care for fewer diabetics, cardiac patients, hypertensives, kidney patients, et. al. would do wonders for lowering health care costs.

If only the food stamp recipients made better food choices.

They would live longer to enjoy the benefits longer and ease the burden on the health care system. Why do you never see a fat 80 something?

Providing care for fewer diabetics, cardiac patients, hypertensives, kidney patients, et. al. would do wonders for lowering health care costs.

True that.

True also for Americans not on Food suppliment programs.

Thank God we can.

Consider what life would be like if we couldn't.

45 million people without enough to eat?

The program is a blessing for many, it is abused by some. I ask you do we need 4 more years of these kind of numbers going up?
Thats the thread

Many of those people have jobs

Obamanomics in action!

Reuters: Midnight in the food-stamp economy

At 11 p.m. on the last day of the month, shoppers flock to the nearest Walmart. They load their carts with food and household items and wait for the midnight hour. That's when food stamp credits are loaded on their electronic benefits transfer cards. "Once the clock strikes midnight and EBT cards are charged, you can see our results start to tick up," says Tom Schoewe, Wal-Mart Stores Inc's chief financial officer...

Besides staffing up for the spike in shoppers on the first day of the month, retailers are adjusting when and what they stock, updating point-of-sale systems to accept food stamps and shifting expansion plans to focus on lower-income shoppers...

"Our view was ... we would not get a lot of food stamps because our member on average is a little more upscale," Costco Chief Financial Officer Richard Galanti said in October. "Well, I think that was probably a little bit arrogant on our part"...

Unemployed and on disability benefits, Contraeras, 45, has custody of her grandchildren, ages 2 and 3. She has resorted to circling the first of the month on her calendar so that when her grandchildren are hungry, she can count down the days until they can return to the grocery store. "I have to make a game out of it for the kids," she said. She feels she has no other choice...

According to J.P. Morgan which administers EBT programs for more than 20 states, 85 percent of food stamps are depleted within the first three days they are available. Companies like Walmart and Kroger now talk about a sales bump on those days, a phenomenon that more than a decade ago inspired a song by hip hop group Bone Thugs-n-Harmony called "1st of tha Month"...

Calls to his food bank, across the bay from San Francisco, for emergency food help have surged. "In our first 13 years, we only went over 1,500 (phone calls) in one month twice," he said. "We've gone over 3,000 (phone calls) for the fourth month in a row and the numbers are going up." The food bank, which runs a food stamp outreach program, tells callers that they might qualify for the benefit...

Obamanomics in action!

At 11 p.m. on the last day of the month, shoppers flock to the nearest Walmart. They load their carts with food and household items and wait for the midnight hour. That's when food stamp credits are loaded on their electronic benefits transfer cards. "Once the clock strikes midnight and EBT cards are charged, you can see our results start to tick up," says Tom Schoewe, Wal-Mart Stores Inc's chief financial officer...

Besides staffing up for the spike in shoppers on the first day of the month, retailers are adjusting when and what they stock, updating point-of-sale systems to accept food stamps and shifting expansion plans to focus on lower-income shoppers...

"Our view was ... we would not get a lot of food stamps because our member on average is a little more upscale," Costco Chief Financial Officer Richard Galanti said in October. "Well, I think that was probably a little bit arrogant on our part"...

Unemployed and on disability benefits, Contraeras, 45, has custody of her grandchildren, ages 2 and 3. She has resorted to circling the first of the month on her calendar so that when her grandchildren are hungry, she can count down the days until they can return to the grocery store. "I have to make a game out of it for the kids," she said. She feels she has no other choice...

According to J.P. Morgan which administers EBT programs for more than 20 states, 85 percent of food stamps are depleted within the first three days they are available. Companies like Walmart and Kroger now talk about a sales bump on those days, a phenomenon that more than a decade ago inspired a song by hip hop group Bone Thugs-n-Harmony called "1st of tha Month"...

Calls to his food bank, across the bay from San Francisco, for emergency food help have surged. "In our first 13 years, we only went over 1,500 (phone calls) in one month twice," he said. "We've gone over 3,000 (phone calls) for the fourth month in a row and the numbers are going up." The food bank, which runs a food stamp outreach program, tells callers that they might qualify for the benefit...

interesting article and, mark me not surprised.

I found this interesting;

nsion plans to focus on lower-income shoppers.

Take Costco Wholesale Corp, a warehouse club operator that caters to middle income Americans who must pay $50 a year to shop in its stores. Nudged along by New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo, who threatened legal action, Costco began accepting food stamps at a few New York stores in May. It now plans to clear the payments in all of its 413 locations in the United States and Puerto Rico.

so, do those shoppers on food stamps pay the $50 bucks?

Obamanomics in action!

interesting article and, mark me not surprised.

I found this interesting;

nsion plans to focus on lower-income shoppers.

Take Costco Wholesale Corp, a warehouse club operator that caters to middle income Americans who must pay $50 a year to shop in its stores. Nudged along by New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo, who threatened legal action, Costco began accepting food stamps at a few New York stores in May. It now plans to clear the payments in all of its 413 locations in the United States and Puerto Rico.

so, do those shoppers on food stamps pay the $50 bucks?

And buy in bulk?

another pub great recession...only the dupes think otherwise...

Exactly How did the stimulus work?
We have 6 million fewer jobs than in 2008

It turned the economy around. Went from losing 750k jobs a month to gaining jobs for 27 straight months. Unfortunately Pubs have blocked everything, including all the usual jobs bills, since 2/2010. A-holes.

according to Pelosi Food stamps and unemployment is the biggest bang for the buck. If she had her way I guess Every american except the Washington elite will be on Food stamps

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv2cBjsbz7E&feature=related]Nancy Pelosi: Foodstamps and Unemployment Insurance - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back