4 White Women Stabbed by Black Male At Louisiana Tech University

So tell me fuck boy what handouts am I begging for?

That black folks be treated the same way white folks are.

That black folks have the same opportunities that white folks have.

Please tell me white boy what handouts I am begging for.

"REPARATIONS"

BITCH.

I understand that reaction. But I don’t agree with it. At least in our legal theory, we only hold people responsible for criminal conduct when they have the required “culpable” mental state. In turn, that demands that they understand the wrongfulness of their behavior at the time of the commission of the acts.

This is often fairly easy to prove. Getting an acquittal on the basis of “mental disease or defect” is actually uncommon. But when the law is properly applied, it could spare the life of some bastard who had simply been literally insane.

But if you show me (as a juror) that the bastard tried to hide himself or conceal evidence of his behavior, then you’ve also shown me that he appreciates that it was wrong. In that case, no determination of mental diaease or defect.

In NY State, it’s all academic anyway. No death penalty. In the Buffalo case, I understand the Feds may still prosecute him, though. The moron is presently serving 11 consecutive life sentences.
How much will that cost taxpayers vs. hanging him next week?

How much will that cost taxpayers vs. hanging him next week?
The cost isn’t the point.

Due to the massive expenses associated with these cases in our appellate process, putting the vermin down for good is a very expensive and a very long drawn-out process. But, so is incarcerating these scumbags for life.

But since a death penalty can’t be “corrected” on appeal once imposed, the huge cost of the appeals becomes a very much secondary concern.

The cost isn’t the point.

Due to the massive expenses associated with these cases in our appellate process, putting the vermin down for good is a very expensive and a very long drawn-out process. But, so is incarcerating these scumbags for life.

But since a death penalty can’t be “corrected” on appeal once imposed, the huge cost of the appeals becomes a very much secondary concern.
:uhoh3:

If we prosecute some idiot for some violent felony he allegedly committed and we obtain a conviction, then he will be sentenced to a prison term for a long time.

If it later turns out that he didn’t do it (say new evidence turns up clearly demonstrating that some other dude did it), his sentence can be corrected. So can whatever went awry in his trial.

But if he has gotten the death penalty and it is eventually imposed but it’s only a bit later that we find out it wasn’t him … it’s kind of hard to undo whatever went wrong once the poor schmuck is in the ground.

If we prosecute some idiot for some violent felony he allegedly committed and we obtain a conviction, then he will be sentenced to a prison term for a long time.

If it later turns out that he didn’t do it (say new evidence turns up clearly demonstrating that some other dude did it), his sentence can be corrected. So can whatever went awry in his trial.

But if he has gotten the death penalty and it is eventually imposed but it’s only a bit later that we find out it wasn’t him … it’s kind of hard to undo whatever went wrong once the poor schmuck is in the ground.
How many times is it gotten wrong, though?

The death penalty should only be used in cases where guilt is not arguable. Think Dahmer.

However, when that is the sentence it should be carried out within a month.

How many times is it gotten wrong, though?
One death penalty case which has gone wrong is one too many.

Don’t misunderstand me. I am not inflexibly opposed to the death penalty in all instances. But it should only be imposed when there is no real doubt about the guilt of the defendant factually and legally.

One death penalty case which has gone wrong is one too many.

Don’t misunderstand me. I am not inflexibly opposed to the death penalty in all instances. But it should only be imposed when there is no real doubt about the guilt of the defendant factually and legally.
I gotta disagree on that. One every now and then to deter a shit ton of bad crimes is kinda worth it, IMO.

Bah! The liberal way is how we got to where we are now.
Nope.

I’m a conservative. Therefore I cherish our Constitution and believe it should apply to all people charged with crimes.

The more expensive path of complying with the impact of Constitutional law (the right to trial, the right to counsel, the presumption of innocence, etc.,) is not a concern to me.

Forum List

Back