4.7%

You can't defend your unemployment lies, so you can only deflect and play dumb.

Dumb is that you keep calling me a Republican and arguing with W. Again, I have no problem with that you only want to debate Republicans. Go to it, my blessing! I'm just not one and I have no interest in defending their views

Nearly all congressional Republicans are self-described fiscal conservatives. But Trump has shown support for vast new federal spending — like that $1 trillion infrastructure proposal — and an indifference to deficit spending if it can spur U.S. economic growth. For instance, Republicans largely agree that tax cuts do not need to be paid for and consider them economic stimulus.

GOP '200 Day' Agenda Calls for Spending, Tax Cuts. But What About the Deficit?

So no one gives a fuck about the little subtle nuances between each of you.

Ah, you don't know what a libertarian is. Figures, you're not very bright and you have no intellectual curiousity
A Libertarian is a CON$ervative rightly ashamed to admit they are a CON$ervative. :)

Why would I be ashamed to admit I am conservative if I was conservative? I don't know any conservatives who are ashamed to admit it. What are you talking about? Just more musings of an idiot, huh?
If you CON$ were not ashamed you would not be pretending to be Libertarians!!!!

Dumb is that you keep calling me a Republican and arguing with W. Again, I have no problem with that you only want to debate Republicans. Go to it, my blessing! I'm just not one and I have no interest in defending their views

Nearly all congressional Republicans are self-described fiscal conservatives. But Trump has shown support for vast new federal spending — like that $1 trillion infrastructure proposal — and an indifference to deficit spending if it can spur U.S. economic growth. For instance, Republicans largely agree that tax cuts do not need to be paid for and consider them economic stimulus.

Ah, you don't know what a libertarian is. Figures, you're not very bright and you have no intellectual curiousity
A Libertarian is a CON$ervative rightly ashamed to admit they are a CON$ervative. :)

Why would I be ashamed to admit I am conservative if I was conservative? I don't know any conservatives who are ashamed to admit it. What are you talking about? Just more musings of an idiot, huh?
At least you don't pretend to be a fascist LWNJ.....:lol:

Want to bet it's NOT 4.7%!
Employment Situation Summary
Total nonfarm payroll employment rose by 156,000 in December, and the unemployment rate
was little changed at 4.7 percent
, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.

The state and federal governments calculate unemployment differently. States often measure unemployment by the number of people receiving unemployment benefits. But that, of course, can be misleading since unemployment benefits expire, leaving the unemployed without a way to be measured.

The federal U.S. government, which releases the ubiquitous “unemployment rate” our country focuses on, uses a calculation to measure how many people are unemployed, though this measurement is also flawed.

Surveyors from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) visit 60,000 households every month and ask a number of questions to determine someone’s employment status. If someone works full-time, part-time, or is self-employed, they are considered employed. If someone does not have a job of any kind, but has been looking for one for the past four weeks, they are considered unemployed. If someone does not have a job and isn’t looking for one, they are considered outside of the labor force.

The rate is then calculated as the number of people who are actively looking for jobs (i.e. the “unemployed”) divided by the number of people who have jobs plus those actively looking (i.e. the “labor force”). Anyone who is not looking is not considered part of the calculation.

What is the REAL National unemployment rate

More fucked up, beefed up, propaganda polls,
to present unemployment lower then it really is
and avoid accountability for the economic stimulus sham

Will anyone be moving from La La Land,
and back to reality any time soon?

How am I not a libertarian?

Because you say you are and you are a pathological liar!

How am I not a libertarian? You don't know what a libertarian is, do you?

Want to bet it's NOT 4.7%!
Employment Situation Summary
Total nonfarm payroll employment rose by 156,000 in December, and the unemployment rate
was little changed at 4.7 percent
, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.

The state and federal governments calculate unemployment differently. States often measure unemployment by the number of people receiving unemployment benefits. But that, of course, can be misleading since unemployment benefits expire, leaving the unemployed without a way to be measured.

The federal U.S. government, which releases the ubiquitous “unemployment rate” our country focuses on, uses a calculation to measure how many people are unemployed, though this measurement is also flawed.

Surveyors from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) visit 60,000 households every month and ask a number of questions to determine someone’s employment status. If someone works full-time, part-time, or is self-employed, they are considered employed. If someone does not have a job of any kind, but has been looking for one for the past four weeks, they are considered unemployed. If someone does not have a job and isn’t looking for one, they are considered outside of the labor force.

The rate is then calculated as the number of people who are actively looking for jobs (i.e. the “unemployed”) divided by the number of people who have jobs plus those actively looking (i.e. the “labor force”). Anyone who is not looking is not considered part of the calculation.

and avoid accountability for the economic stimulus sham

Will anyone be moving from La La Land,
and back to reality any time soon?
The "real" unemployment is and has always been the U-3 rate.

But I say we should hold Tramp to what he has defined as the "real" unemployment number.

JAN. 11, 2017 Press Conference

TRUMP: There will be a major border tax on these companies that are leaving and getting away with murder. And if our politicians had what it takes, they would have done this years ago. And you’d have millions more workers right now in the United States that are — 96 million really wanting a job and they can’t get. You know that story. The real number — that’s the real number. So, that’s the way it is. OK.

The state and federal governments calculate unemeployment differently. States often measure unemployment by the number of people receiving unemployment benefits.
Untrue. State estimates of unemployment are based on the National Estimates. While the survey sample size is fine for the national picture, the samples for each state are too small. So the state estimates are adjusted using Unemployment Insurance claims, and payroll employment estimates

Surveyors from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) visit 60,000 households every month and ask a number of questions to determine someone’s employment status.

From the Census Bureau on behalf of BLS, actually.
If someone works full-time, part-time, or is self-employed, they are considered employed. If someone does not have a job of any kind, but has been looking for one for the past four weeks, they are considered unemployed. If someone does not have a job and isn’t looking for one, they are considered outside of the labor force.

This is true

Nothing in that article shows any real flaws with the UE rate, but if there is anything in there that you find convincing, I'd be happy to discuss it with you.
I'm not sure how you reach that conclusion. The Current Population Survey (CPS) uses 60,000 addresses every month, with an overlap of 3/4 of the sample the same from one month to the next, and 1/2 the same for the same month from one year to the next. The samples are chosen to be representative of the country as a whole.
And you're comparing this to random digital dialing surveys of fewer than 2,000 people? Pleas take a class in statistics.

"Because you say you are and you are a pathological liar kazzer!"

Corrected that for ya. :thup:

4.7%. Remember that number folks. That is the unemployment rate on Obama's last day in office.

Anybody think it will be that low on Trump's last day?

Want to bet?

With all the billionaire business criminals and Nazi dingbats he appointed to his cabinet, I'm sure the economy is going to be a shambles by the time he's through.

These corporate leaders all say regulations are "job killers." How come after 8 years of Obama's regulations the unemployment rate is only 4.7%? I don't think it has ever been that low in my lifetime.

The real reason they oppose regulations is because protecting workers, consumers, and the environment takes money out of their greedy hands.

Ironically, the working class white chumps who most strongly supported Trump will be the ones hurting the most in a few years.

You going to bet on the federal debt too ?

You want to propose that Trump will increase it more than Obama did in his eight (long painful) years ?

Forum List

Back