4.3 billion for small business

Treasury Approves $4.3 Billion for Small Business Lending Fund - Bloomberg

The Obama administration has supported 17 tax breaks providing tax relief of more than $50 billion for small businesses, Don Graves, the Treasury’s assistant secretary for small business, wrote in a blog posting Sept. 2. Small businesses employ about half the workforce and account for 60 percent of gross job creation, Graves said.

Im sure the cons will hate this one for SOME reason

read the article

And you think FAILED BANKS would somehow make that better? Yeah, you're stupid. You can't even contemplate what would happen to you if your own bank failed and FDIC didn't have the funds to pay for it.

Or - maybe you just don't care if people lose their bank deposits because you have none.

It would have been for the best, deal with it.

You don't really understand basic economics. When large amounts of money disappear - which is exactly what happens when all the major banks fail and the FDIC doesn't have enough to back them - people are losing assets. That's BAD for the economy.

To put it in real terms. Say you're a small business with $40,000 in a checking account and 5 employees. All of a sudden - your checking account disappears. Now you've got zero dollars in the bank. Then payroll comes up - you've got to pay your employees - but you can't, you've got no money. So you go to the bank to get a loan to make payroll - but since everyone else's money is gone, there's no money to lend you. So you have to lay off your employees. 5 people lose their jobs. You lose your business.

Does that make sense to you?

Or - maybe you just don't care if people lose their bank deposits because you have none.
I take it I'm right.

So what you did is bail out the banks, the banks then said "AHHAHAhahAhahhaa" and that small company with 5 employees still failed. You're a fucking genius.

Or wait, now TARP worked and the economic collpase never fucking happened...

The Obama administration has supported 17 tax breaks providing tax relief of more than $50 billion for small businesses, Don Graves, the Treasury’s assistant secretary for small business, wrote in a blog posting Sept. 2. Small businesses employ about half the workforce and account for 60 percent of gross job creation, Graves said.

Hate it for some reason?

Only reason I can think of is it's too damned late.

Instead of Barry's bullshit Stimulus package he could have handed every small business one million dollars to invest and market for their business.

Not that that's the Govt's job, either.
Jus sayin'

NOWWWW he thinks of the small business owners
:lol:

Is it 11/12 yet?

So what you did is bail out the banks, the banks then said "AHHAHAhahAhahhaa" and that small company with 5 employees still failed. You're a fucking genius.

Most small businesses are still solvent. Struggling but solvent. If they can't make payroll at all - THEY FAIL COMPLETELY. Its a distinction I don't think you actually grasp. 9-10% unemployment vs > 50%. Gee whiz which is better?

You have no money in the bank. I can see why you don't care if everyone's checking accounts disappear - but you might consider if that happens, your boss will have no money to pay you.

Last edited:

Hate it for some reason?

Instead of Barry's bullshit Stimulus package he could have handed every small business one million dollars to invest and market for their business.

Jus sayin'

Is it 11/12 yet?

they started this right after coming into office, they just found a way to put more bucks into the program so it can help even more businesses.

It is NOT too late.

only a fool would think that.

Hate it for some reason?

Jus sayin'

Is it 11/12 yet?

they satrted this right after coming into office, they jaut found a way to put more bucks into the program so it can help even more businesses.

It is NOT too late.

only a fool would think that.

Righties live in opposite land. They think the best way to help a failing economy is to remove money from it. They think deflation is better than modest inflation. And they think the best way to help the poor is to take money from them.

And of course - my favorite - is that only the RICH can create jobs when they have extra capital - but clearly, from the responses in this thread, we see they think that small businesses cannot!

You need customers with money first.

So before I open up a pizzeria, I need customers first. How many customers do you think a non-existent pizzeria can get?
It's plain stupid to turn out product that no one can afford.

With that attitude the desktop PC or the cell phone would have never been invented.

IBM and Motorola believed, rightfully so that there was a market for PC's and cell phones. Even they vastly underestimated the market. I think it was Bill Gates that said that no one would ever need more than 64K of storage. PC's and cell phone makers created a demand for their products with new, exciting products. People had money and bought them. They're practically a necessity today.
A non-existent pizza place has no customers, building it doesn't guaranty customers either. A new pizzaria in a town where the closest pizza is 20 miles away, may do well, but would you lend money to a guy who wanted to start a pizza shop at Mullbery and Grand in Lower Manhattan? Of course not! There are 300 pizza joints within 4 blocks and no demand to support another.

Most small businesses are still solvent. Struggling but solvent. If they can't make payroll at all - THEY FAIL COMPLETELY. Its a distinction I don't think you actually grasp. 9-10% unemployment vs > 50%. Gee whiz which is better?

You have no money in the bank. I can see why you don't care if everyone's checking accounts disappear - but you might consider if that happens, your boss will have no money to pay you.

OOoo wow, here we go again... Now EVERY company would have failed... Holy shit you are dumb buddy.

No, I don't give a fuck what would have happened because it wouldn’t have happened the way you say it would have.

Now everyone with money in the bank would have gone broke! The money vanished, to...l NO WHERE!!!

They will hate spew on anything that Obama does.

they place party over country at every turn

You need customers with money first.

So before I open up a pizzeria, I need customers first. How many customers do you think a non-existent pizzeria can get?
It's plain stupid to turn out product that no one can afford.

With that attitude the desktop PC or the cell phone would have never been invented.

IBM and Motorola believed, rightfully so that there was a market for PC's and cell phones. Even they vastly underestimated the market. I think it was Bill Gates that said that no one would ever need more than 64K of storage.

Bill Gates never said that.
PC's and cell phone makers created a demand for their products with new, exciting products. People had money and bought them. They're practically a necessity today.
A non-existent pizza place has no customers, building it doesn't guaranty customers either. A new pizzaria in a town where the closest pizza is 20 miles away, may do well, but would you lend money to a guy who wanted to start a pizza shop at Mullbery and Grand in Lower Manhattan? Of course not! There are 300 pizza joints within 4 blocks and no demand to support another.

Did you just say a place needs customers BEFORE it opens? You did say that. Now you're saying its possible to open up a pizzeria without having any customers. Which is it?

You seemed to be so sure when you first stated:
"You need customers with money first"

Now you appear to have qualified your statement.

So he enacts new Regulations and Mandates that will cost them over 10 Billion a Month, then gives them a 4.3 Billion dollar loan Fund.

LOL

You guys will never get it will you.

True. How would "BANKS" making bad investments cause on run on their deposits?

Is that a serious question? What are you, 12?

I'm 41. I'm being civil here, why can't you?

Banks get the money to make investments from DEPOSITORS.

Not always. Banks are businesses and provide services for fees. Banks have money outside of Depositor Assets.

If they lose that money - then they no longer have the depositors' money.

That's actually not true. Nationally chartered banks operate "Investment Banks" and various investment adviser operations. Those are completely separate from money held "In Deposit" with the banks.

Usually then the FDIC steps in, making up for the losses with their insurance fund (which is almost exclusively in US Treasury obligations).
But if the FDIC runs out of its fund - then there's nothing to make up the loss. The depositors will then run on the bank trying to get out what they can before
the bank is completely bankrupt.

Show me where the FDIC was ever close to running out of funds to insure depositors. To date, NOT A DIME (even of those entities with deposits above the $100,000 cap) of depositor money was lost, nor were any actual insurance claims paid.

They will hate spew on anything that Obama does.

they place party over country at every turn

You are a fool that can not see that a 4.3 Billion dollar loan Program is meaningless when your own New Regulations are costing Business more than twice that EVERY SINGLE MONTH.

Businesses have cash, what they need is confidence and customers. All this does is show that DC still does not get it, and you as usual NEVER WILL.

So he enacts new Regulations and Mandates that will cost them over 10 Billion a Month, then gives them a 4.3 Billion dollar loan Fund.

LOL

Thread killer

Tax breaks and seed money.

and the republicans hate it why???????????

because Obama did it.

They have lost their minds.

LOL

And NONE of it has to come from the FED or taxpayers. Relief will come when the FED and the Statists get thier boots off the neck of the private sector. NONE of the private sector wants handouts from taxpayers that are worth thier salt.

Forum List

Back