4.3 billion for small business

How about this...

When the economy still sucks, you go fuck yourself because we told you this was bullshit in the first place. Just like with the Stimulus, TARP and Obamacare.

TARP? What do you think would happen if all the major banks failed? You know FDIC has limited funds, right?

Ever heard of bank runs? Want to lose all your money?

TARP was not implemented to stop a run on the banks. That talking point is absolute bullshit. TARP was implemented to stabilize the stock market.
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

TARP was designed to take troubled assets from BANKS.

All you are doing is transferring debt from one program to another.

Yeah. That's what refinancing is. People do it when they can get a lower interest rate. That saves them money.

Duh.

Show me where they are getting lower rates! This shit is so obama and TM can say the President is helping small business and to pump up the number of businesses that have paid off previous loans. It's 100% about pumping up obama's poll numbers.

all you are doing is transferring debt from one program to another.

yeah. That's what refinancing is. People do it when they can get a lower interest rate. That saves them money.

Duh.

show me where they are getting lower rates! This shit is so obama and tm can say the president is helping small business and to pump up the number of businesses that have paid off previous loans. It's 100% about pumping up obama's poll numbers.

interest rates are at historic lows.

when it does work you will lose the election

/nod

Good luck T, you're going to need it. I await your thread on the economy failing 2 weeks from now and how it's all the Republicans/Tea Party and white peoples fault.

Sorry it wont happen you blew your wad trying to make the country default on its bills.

Now all you have is petty gamemanship of denying Obama any cooperation.

The American public already blames you guys more than Obama and now all you can do is double down on partisanship.

It will sink your party

I blew my wad, shit gurl you wish.

It was in fact Obama that put his name on the crap budget that he loved 100% that caused the US to be downgraded... That is fact, no BS.

Last edited:
I think things would be better by now if the Bank were allowed to fail.

Then you're fucking stupid.

Well again, we did it your way and Obama openly talks about the US possibly hitting a Depression sooo, good luck with trying to create another bubble.

And you think FAILED BANKS would somehow make that better? Yeah, you're stupid. You can't even contemplate what would happen to you if your own bank failed and FDIC didn't have the funds to pay for it.

Or - maybe you just don't care if people lose their bank deposits because you have none.

It isn't.

It would if it were allowed.

It is allowed.

Let's say you, my father, and a few friends get together and buy some equity in my new start-up and extend some loans. Under the new rules this arrangement is a private equity fund and is now under SEC regulation which is cost prohibitive unless one of you is a former SEC regulator or compliance officer.

They are excluded if total assets are under 150 million.

SEC Adopts Dodd-Frank Act Amendments to Investment Advisers Act

That's the exemption for the advisor, and only if it's not lending money.

Try again.

It would if it were allowed.

It is allowed.

Let's say you, my father, and a few friends get together and buy some equity in my new start-up and extend some loans. Under the new rules this arrangement is a private equity fund and is now under SEC regulation which is cost prohibitive unless one of you is a former SEC regulator or compliance officer.

They are excluded if total assets are under 150 million.

SEC Adopts Dodd-Frank Act Amendments to Investment Advisers Act

That's the exemption for the advisor, and only if it's not lending money.

Try again.
I'm waiting for you to show me what you're talking about.

Then you're fucking stupid.

Well again, we did it your way and Obama openly talks about the US possibly hitting a Depression sooo, good luck with trying to create another bubble.

And you think FAILED BANKS would somehow make that better? Yeah, you're stupid. You can't even contemplate what would happen to you if your own bank failed and FDIC didn't have the funds to pay for it.

Or - maybe you just don't care if people lose their bank deposits because you have none.

It would have been for the best, deal with it.

You left out this part:

Large banks generally don't lend to small businesses. Small banks do.

I didn't leave anything out of the copy and paste: It's there--

The entire POINT is--any bank that decides to lend to a small business will get a taxpayer cash injection that they in turn can use to refinance the toxic assets that they hold.

It's nothing more than a shell game.

Its called stimulus of small business and it will force these banks to lend to get the money.

Until now they have refused to lend to small businesses who have WANTED money to expand which means hiring people.

The fact that all the right is here to spew hate on a program that will help the jobs market proves just how bankrupt of morals the right is.

Show me where it's going to force this. Show me how it's going to change anything other than more money to back banks that don't generally lend to small businesses anyway. How does it get that money to small banks, which lend to small businesses?

Again TM, when it does not work you will simply blame the Tea Party or white people because you're a joke.

when it does work you will lose the election

That's what Progressives said during "The Summer of Recovery" in 2010.

DoubleDipSOR3.jpg

(Image: EIB )​

TARP? What do you think would happen if all the major banks failed? You know FDIC has limited funds, right?

Ever heard of bank runs? Want to lose all your money?

TARP was not implemented to stop a run on the banks. That talking point is absolute bullshit. TARP was implemented to stabilize the stock market.
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

TARP was designed to take troubled assets from BANKS.

True. How would "BANKS" making bad investments cause on run on their deposits?

It would have been for the best, deal with it.

You don't really understand basic economics. When large amounts of money disappear - which is exactly what happens when all the major banks fail and the FDIC doesn't have enough to back them - people are losing assets. That's BAD for the economy.

To put it in real terms. Say you're a small business with $40,000 in a checking account and 5 employees. All of a sudden - your checking account disappears. Now you've got zero dollars in the bank. Then payroll comes up - you've got to pay your employees - but you can't, you've got no money. So you go to the bank to get a loan to make payroll - but since everyone else's money is gone, there's no money to lend you. So you have to lay off your employees. 5 people lose their jobs. You lose your business.

Does that make sense to you?

I take it I'm right.

True. How would "BANKS" making bad investments cause on run on their deposits?

Is that a serious question? What are you, 12?

Banks get the money to make investments from DEPOSITORS. If they lose that money - then they no longer have the depositors' money.
Usually then the FDIC steps in, making up for the losses with their insurance fund (which is almost exclusively in US Treasury obligations).
But if the FDIC runs out of its fund - then there's nothing to make up the loss. The depositors will then run on the bank trying to get out what they can before
the bank is completely bankrupt.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back