4.3 billion for small business

Treasury Approves $4.3 Billion for Small Business Lending Fund - Bloomberg

The Obama administration has supported 17 tax breaks providing tax relief of more than $50 billion for small businesses, Don Graves, the Treasury’s assistant secretary for small business, wrote in a blog posting Sept. 2. Small businesses employ about half the workforce and account for 60 percent of gross job creation, Graves said.

Im sure the cons will hate this one for SOME reason

So what your saying is that we won the argument and you agree that tax cuts create economic growth?

You know, I was going to say that but I wanted TM to dig the hole a little deeper.

Remember, TM thinks we need 98% tax brackets.

Private capital will fill the void.

It isn't.

It would if it were allowed.

Let's say you, my father, and a few friends get together and buy some equity in my new start-up and extend some loans. Under the new rules this arrangement is a private equity fund and is now under SEC regulation which is cost prohibitive unless one of you is a former SEC regulator or compliance officer.

Great, then you agree with the rest of the post.

How about this...

When the economy still sucks, you go fuck yourself because we told you this was bullshit in the first place. Just like with the Stimulus, TARP and Obamacare.

TARP? What do you think would happen if all the major banks failed? You know FDIC has limited funds, right?

Ever heard of bank runs? Want to lose all your money?

I think things would be better by now if the Bank were allowed to fail.

Again, you get to do it your way because that is how things have been done... We'll all sit back here and lol@u while you keep failing and you tell us "this time it will work" again.

So again...

When the economy still sucks, you go fuck yourself because we told you this was bullshit in the first place. Just like with the Stimulus, TARP and Obamacare.

Small Business Can’t Get Loans From Bailed-Out Banks - Businessweek

A record 41 percent of small business owners say they can’t get adequate financing, up from 22 percent two years ago, according to a July report by the National Small Business Association, a 150,000-member advocacy group founded in 1937 that has surveyed entrepreneurs since 1992. New small-business loans fell 33 percent last year from 2008 to $191.6 billion, the lowest total since 2000, according to the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council.

you guys just keep pretending whatever you want is true regaurdless of the facts

The small-business lending program was set up in September 2010 by Congress and the administration of President Barack Obama to provide low-interest capital injections to community banks that increase their lending to small businesses.

You left out this part:

Of 932 applications received, more than 40 percent “failed to meet minimum statutory or program requirements and therefore could not be approved,” the Treasury paper said. Those requirements include size of the bank and whether it had missed dividend payments.

Large banks generally don't lend to small businesses. Small banks do.

I didn't leave anything out of the copy and paste: It's there--

The entire POINT is--any bank that decides to lend to a small business will get a taxpayer cash injection that they in turn can use to refinance the toxic assets that they hold.

It's nothing more than a shell game.

Great, then you agree with the rest of the post.

How about this...

TARP? What do you think would happen if all the major banks failed? You know FDIC has limited funds, right?

Ever heard of bank runs? Want to lose all your money?

TARP was not implemented to stop a run on the banks. That talking point is absolute bullshit. TARP was implemented to stabilize the stock market.

The small-business lending program was set up in September 2010 by Congress and the administration of President Barack Obama to provide low-interest capital injections to community banks that increase their lending to small businesses. The program permits them to use the new capital to refinance their Troubled Asset Relief Program debt.

please stop lying about what the article says

TM! do you pay off your Mastercard with your Visa? THAT'S what the article says That money is not used to expand business or hire workers. It is throwing good money after bad.
2 years ago we lent XYZ Inc. $1,000,000. Now, we're lending the same business another million so they can pay off the first loan. How are they going to expand? Get it now?

The small-business lending program was set up in September 2010 by Congress and the administration of President Barack Obama to provide low-interest capital injections to community banks that increase their lending to small businesses.

You left out this part:

Of 932 applications received, more than 40 percent “failed to meet minimum statutory or program requirements and therefore could not be approved,” the Treasury paper said. Those requirements include size of the bank and whether it had missed dividend payments.

The entire POINT is--any bank that decides to lend to a small business will get a taxpayer cash injection that they in turn can use to refinance the toxic assets that they hold.

I didn't respond to you.

You are correct though. These loans are just going to be shell games and political favors, just like the stimulus.

Private capital will fill the void.

It isn't.

It would if it were allowed.

It is allowed.

Let's say you, my father, and a few friends get together and buy some equity in my new start-up and extend some loans. Under the new rules this arrangement is a private equity fund and is now under SEC regulation which is cost prohibitive unless one of you is a former SEC regulator or compliance officer.

They are excluded if total assets are under 150 million.

SEC Adopts Dodd-Frank Act Amendments to Investment Advisers Act

Last edited:

You left out this part:

Its called stimulus of small business and it will force these banks to lend to get the money.

Until now they have refused to lend to small businesses who have WANTED money to expand which means hiring people.

The fact that all the right is here to spew hate on a program that will help the jobs market proves just how bankrupt of morals the right is.

Again TM, when it does not work you will simply blame the Tea Party or white people because you're a joke.

when it does work you will lose the election

/nod

Good luck T, you're going to need it. I await your thread on the economy failing 2 weeks from now and how it's all the Republicans/Tea Party and white peoples fault.

Sorry it wont happen you blew your wad trying to make the country default on its bills.

Now all you have is petty gamemanship of denying Obama any cooperation.

The American public already blames you guys more than Obama and now all you can do is double down on partisanship.

It will sink your party

Forum List

Back