37 Times Donald Trump Should Have Apologized

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Yesterday, Donald Trump read the following off a teleprompter in Charlotte, North Carolina:

Sometimes, in the heat of debate and speaking on a multitude of issues, you don’t choose the right words or you say the wrong thing. I have done that, and I regret it, particularly where it may have caused personal pain.

It’s a clever line. Hats off to Donald’s speechwriter. But that’s all it is: a line from a teleprompter.

For most of us, an apology involves looking someone in the eye and taking responsibility for what you did. But Trump didn’t even bother to tell us what he regrets saying or who he regrets hurting over the past year.

Here’s the truth: over the past year, Donald Trump has tried to insult and bully his way to the White House. He has fabricated lies and invented bizarre conspiracy theories to stoke racial animus and divide the American people. He repeatedly made racist remarks about a federal judge’s heritage and attacked a Gold Star family because of their faith. He has preyed upon the most vulnerable and disparaged our men and women in uniform in his power-hungry quest for the presidency.

Even after winning his party’s nomination, he has acted more like a Bully-in-Chief than a future leader of our country.

In Trump’s warped world, it might be enough to vaguely say that you have regrets. But Trump owes the people he has attacked and bullied so much more than that. He needs to explain exactly what he regrets—and then sincerely apologize to the individuals, families and communities to whom he has caused personal pain.

Here’s where he could start: 37 Times Donald Trump Should Have Apologized

Does anyone expect that Trump will issue 37 individual apologies - or just stick with his semi/quasi general blanket apology written by a speechwriter? I'm going with the latter...

Forum List

Back