314 million dollar airburst bomb dropped on underground stronghold

Onyx

Gold Member
Dec 17, 2015
Honestly, the United States would bankrupt itself so fast in a conventional war. 314 million dollars (GBU-43/B) and 5% of the US MOAB arsenal to kill several hundred millitiamen, if they were even killed at all.

I don't understand why they used an airburst bomb with no penetrating capabilities to destroy an underground complex, but maybe the yield was strong enough to cause the caves to collapse inward, I'll look forward to finding out.

I hope Americans find this a good use of their money, considering their own frail senior citizens wont be able to have food delivered to their door anymore.

Honestly, the United States would bankrupt itself so fast in a conventional war. 314 million dollars (GBU-43/B) and 5% of the US MOAB arsenal to kill several hundred millitiamen, if they were even killed at all.

I don't understand why they used an airburst bomb with no penetrating capabilities to destroy an underground complex, but maybe the yield was strong enough to cause the caves to collapse inward, I'll look forward to finding out.

I hope Americans find this a good use of their money, considering their own frail senior citizens wont be able to have food delivered to their door anymore.
are you military ?

Anyone think this was a good use of money? I thought Americans wanted to spend less overseas, so that they could help rebuild infrastructure and shelter homeless veterans at home. What happened to America first?

Make Afghanistan Great Again! It will only cost 314 million dollars.

Why do you think the bomb had no penetrating capability. It can penetrate up to 200 feet of reinforced concrete. Those dirt tunnels are done.
What is MOAB, 'Mother of All Bombs,' and what is it capable of

Those tunnels have been dangerous for 15 years giving isis fighters a place to hide. Trump said he would wipe them out. And they are already buried!

Why lie about the cost? Your link says the cost is 16 million.

I don't understand why they used an airburst bomb with no penetrating capabilities to destroy an underground complex,

Because it's more effective for caves & tunnel complexes than a penetrator, it generates a wide area high pressure wave that permeates such complexes whereas a penetrator would just destroy part of it, Same concept as Thermobaric Fuel-Air weapons (which are used extensively for such applications).

You have a point when it comes to the money wasting capacity of our military but no organization on Earth has more expertise when it comes to using the appropriate weapon(s) for the most effective means of blowing shit up than our military.

Those tunnels have been dangerous for 15 years giving isis fighters a place to hide. Trump said he would wipe them out. And they are already buried!
so can we consider that the first only only promise kept thus far?
Fail
I mean if we're factoring in promises broken, donnie's obviously still in red ink...
but if we are strictly talking about promises kept.. he gets 1 point! YAYAYAy!

Forum List

Back