304,000 New Jobs Added in January!

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
Depending on which news networks you watch, you may or may not hear about this, but the Department of Labor's BLS just announced that last month the economy added a whopping 304,000 new jobs, including 13,000 new manufacturing jobs. It may seem odd, but the unemployment rate actually edged up slightly, but this was only because of the federal workers who were furloughed during the government shutdown.

Each month the Labor Department's BLS releases a monthly report on the employment situation, and the report for last month was released today. Here is the report:

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

Yep the economy is still humming right along since the Great Obama saved us from the Next Depression. Thank you President Obama! Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Why can't you people be honest? We had a *net loss* of manufacturing jobs under Obama, whereas last year alone the economy added 284,000 manufacturing jobs, the biggest increase since 1995. Wages were flat-lined under Obama, but last year alone they rose by 3.2%. The number of long-term unemployed people dropped by 205,000 in 2018. The number of people employed part-time for economic reasons dropped by 329,000 in 2018. Etc., etc., etc.

You linked to the BLS, but you apparently didn't bother to read any of the BLS reports.

I don't believe furloughed workers were counted as unemployed.

I'm fascinated by this hobby of many in the Donald cult to simply state the job numbers of a given month, then celebrate as if hundreds of thousands of new jobs wasn't a normal phenomenon. Did you rejoice the same way when 300k jobs were created during a month in the Obama years?

I'm fascinated by this hobby of many in the Donald cult to simply state the job numbers of a given month, then celebrate as if hundreds of thousands of new jobs wasn't a normal phenomenon. Did you rejoice the same way when 300k jobs were created during a month in the Obama years?

Sigh. . . . Sigh. . . . Yes, furloughed federal workers *were* counted as unemployed--I guess you didn't bother to read the BLS report, even though I provided a link to it.

Again, why can't you folks be honest about the economic numbers: We had a *net loss* of manufacturing jobs under Obama, whereas last year alone the economy added 284,000 manufacturing jobs, the biggest increase since 1995. Wages were flat-lined under Obama, but last year alone they rose by 3.2%. The number of long-term unemployed people dropped by 205,000 in 2018. The number of people employed part-time for economic reasons dropped by 329,000 in 2018. Etc., etc., etc.

When will you stop lying and stop pretending that the remarkable economic growth, and the *kind* of economic growth, that we're seeing under Trump is much better than we saw under Obama?

I thought it was funny when Obama said that 150,000 would be the new normal..

Obama Warns of ‘New Normal’ for Economy; Today he is Trying to Take Credit for the Trump Economy
His signature Obamacare created so much uncertainty, businesses simply stopped hiring until he left office. Killing coal didn’t create jobs, blocking the Keystone didn’t create jobs, expanding unemployment didn’t create jobs. nothing he did was directed towards creating economic growth. All he offered America were excuses for his failures which he deflected as the “new normal.”
When the jobs added went over 150,000 you libtards were chanting Obaaaaammmaaaa, Obaaaaaaammmaaaaa. Was always Obama's way to reach LOW expectations...

3e6d303a11163d4ce586481238faff5a_1024.jpg

Yep the economy is still humming right along since the Great Obama saved us from the Next Depression. Thank you President Obama! Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Why can't you people be honest? We had a *net loss* of manufacturing jobs under Obama, whereas last year alone the economy added 284,000 manufacturing jobs, the biggest increase since 1995. Wages were flat-lined under Obama, but last year alone they rose by 3.2%. The number of long-term unemployed people dropped by 205,000 in 2018. The number of people employed part-time for economic reasons dropped by 329,000 in 2018. Etc., etc., etc.

You linked to the BLS, but you apparently didn't bother to read any of the BLS reports.

The link is to the 10 year graphs of the employment records. Staying consistent.

Sigh. . . . Sigh. . . . Yes, furloughed federal workers *were* counted as unemployed--I guess you didn't bother to read the BLS report, even though I provided a link to it.

Again, why can't you folks be honest about the economic numbers: We had a *net loss* of manufacturing jobs under Obama, whereas last year alone the economy added 284,000 manufacturing jobs, the biggest increase since 1995. Wages were flat-lined under Obama, but last year alone they rose by 3.2%. The number of long-term unemployed people dropped by 205,000 in 2018. The number of people employed part-time for economic reasons dropped by 329,000 in 2018. Etc., etc., etc.

When will you stop lying and stop pretending that the remarkable economic growth, and the *kind* of economic growth, that we're seeing under Trump is much better than we saw under Obama?

As a matter of fact, no I haven't read the link yet. I'll get to it later. But previous news reports suggested that furloughed workers would not be counted in the unemployment figures on the premise that they weren't actually unemployed, their jobs were merely on pause, and they were subject to back pay.

So 286K manufacturing jobs out of a total of 304K. That's a suspiciously large proportion. Reminds me how GWB increased manufacturing jobs by reclassifing fast food as a manufacturing job. What smoke and mirrors are afoot here?

Last edited:

As a matter of fact, no I haven't read the link yet. I'll get to it later. But previous news reports suggested that furloughed workers would not be counted in the unemployment figures on the premise that they weren't actually unemployed
She/he/it will get to it later, only if the attention span allows it to. Otherwise he/she/it will be down in the parents basement watching Netflix, smoking dope..

Depending on which news networks you watch, you may or may not hear about this, but the Department of Labor's BLS just announced that last month the economy added a whopping 304,000 new jobs, including 13,000 new manufacturing jobs. It may seem odd, but the unemployment rate actually edged up slightly, but this was only because of the federal workers who were furloughed during the government shutdown.

Each month the Labor Department's BLS releases a monthly report on the employment situation, and the report for last month was released today. Here is the report:

winning.gif

304,000 New Jobs Added in January!

apparently all those filthy wetbacks steaing American jobs was just another lie RW Trumpdrones dreamed up huh ..

lying mf's ..

Lol

Liberals are pissed.

They even admitted they want the economy to do badly so they can say they were right.

Lol

Liberals are pissed.

They even admitted they want the economy to do badly so they can say they were right.

you're full of owl shit - nobody wants a bad economy you f'n idiot.

Lol

Liberals are pissed.

you're full of owl shit - nobody wants a bad economy you f'n idiot.
Bill Maher does....
Bill Maher says a crashing economy would be one way to get Trump out of office

HBO’s “Real Time” host Bill Maher admitted that he hopes the American economy will crash so that President Donald Trump will be voted out of office.

Last edited:

Wow, unbelievable. It took two whole responses to the OP, before some accredited Obama with today's jobs report.

They're slipping. :laughing0301:

Forum List

Back