30% of Mortgages underwater- how's that Hope and Change working for you?

Not too bright are you?
the housing bubble happened entirely on Bush's watch.

Thick aren't we?
The decline in housing prices and the sustained depression in housing happened not only under Obama's watch but directly because of his policies.

Wow... revisionist history from the silly rabbi... big surprise. Silly rabbi... Tricks are for kids... grow up a little and realize that you are being duped by your choice of reading and viewing material.

Obama is guilty of extending the crisis, as POTUS thats it. But as a senator his guilt grows.

Once again... most of the damage has happened on Obama's watch.

Sorry, man, I get tired of the excuses. If he can't make things better, he needs to go.

You're full of shit. This happened under Bush's watch(and no, I am not blaming BOOOSH, like you do Obama). i am blaming greed in the banking system and the political influence that big banking has on our country.

Critical thinking? Do you Conservatives have any at all? Other than blaming government, of course.

But here's the thing. Obama didn't do much to fix the problem. He let Frank and Dodd write the "reforms", which was kind of like letting the Foxes redesign the Henhouse. I mean, seriously, these two guys were literally and figuratively in bed with the bankers.

How many of the bankers did he prosecute for wrongdoing? None.

I concede that Bush left his a flaming bag of dogshit on his front porch. But Obama has done nothing to clean it up. He's just trampled it around the house, up and down the stairs.

Sorry, man, I get tired of the excuses. If he can't make things better, he needs to go.

"Most of the damage" has happened on Obama's watch? The economy was shrinking by 9% SAAR when he took office, shedding 800,000 per months and home prices had fallen 30%.

Since that time the economy is growing, jobs are being created and the precipitous decline in home values has leveled off.

What would you have him do to "make things better"?

Thick aren't we?
The decline in housing prices and the sustained depression in housing happened not only under Obama's watch but directly because of his policies.

Wow... revisionist history from the silly rabbi... big surprise. Silly rabbi... Tricks are for kids... grow up a little and realize that you are being duped by your choice of reading and viewing material.

Obama is guilty of extending the crisis, as POTUS thats it. But as a senator his guilt grows.

So... let's see... the banks get the BOOOSH bailouts... choose to use that TAXPAYER money to pay out huge bonuses to their executive staff as a reward for.... RUNNING THEIR BUSINESSES INTO THE GROUND, and chose to leave the American people hanging....

But they are innocents. It's all Obama. Brainwashed... the lot of ya.

Meanwhile-

Bottom Line - Nearly 29% of mortgaged homes underwater, report finds

A whopping 28.6 percent of homeowners with mortgages owe more on their loans than their homes could sell for, according to quarterly data released Tuesday by Zillow, a real estate website. That's up from 26.8 percent in the second quarter. Home values declined only 0.2 percent from the second quarter but were down 4.4 percent year over year.

The rising percentage of homes with "negative equity" or "underwater" status is due largely to how long the foreclosure sale process takes rather than home value fluctuations, said Zillow chief economist Stan Humphries. Prior to the "robo-signing" scandal around foreclosures that came to light in 2010, the negative equity rate hovered in the 21 to 23 percent range, but has been in the 26 to 28 range since due to added delays in foreclosure sales. While the rate of foreclosures is dropping, the time required for foreclosures to sell has lengthened.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNqQx7sjoS8]Home Ownership and President Bush - YouTube[/ame]

Great video.

Not really. Bush was for home ownership. Has any president been against that.

The problem, overall, was that people looked at homes as investments and not homes. Buy a house, flip it, buy another. Not everyone did it, but enough people did to ruin the market.

The point, though, is that Obama has sat by, watched the house keep burning, and hasn't done much about it.

So... let's see... the banks get the BOOOSH bailouts... choose to use that TAXPAYER money to pay out huge bonuses to their executive staff as a reward for.... RUNNING THEIR BUSINESSES INTO THE GROUND, and chose to leave the American people hanging....

But they are innocents. It's all Obama. Brainwashed... the lot of ya.

Pull your head out of yuor ass for a change.

Lets start with the banks that democrats insisted the crooks get hefty bonuses just like with solyndra.

YOU FAIL.

full-auto-albums-drama-queen-picture4062-lb1026cd20111025073455.jpg

Not really. Bush was for home ownership. Has any president been against that.

The problem, overall, was that people looked at homes as investments and not homes. Buy a house, flip it, buy another. Not everyone did it, but enough people did to ruin the market.

The point, though, is that Obama has sat by, watched the house keep burning, and hasn't done much about it.

What would you have him do?
Everything he has tried the right has been against it.

Actually, no. It was on Obama's watch that the damage caused by Republicans finally "caught up". You can't destroy an economy as big as ours overnight. It takes years. Years of Republican insanity eating away at the country's foundation.

Only a fool could possibly believe that something would just fall apart the instant you touched it. Of course, Republicans believe Obama took a trip costing 200 million dollars a day, so I can't speak for them.

Pity, you’re usually one of the few accurate non-liberals.

But here's the thing. Obama didn't do much to fix the problem. He let Frank and Dodd write the "reforms", which was kind of like letting the Foxes redesign the Henhouse. I mean, seriously, these two guys were literally and figuratively in bed with the bankers.

And what was Obama to do? Have Frank and Dodd arrested?

As noted, the damage occurred well before Obama took office; there was little to nothing Obama or Cain could do – or Hillary, or Rudy, or whomever was president in 2009.

Actually, no. It was on Obama's watch that the damage caused by Republicans finally "caught up". You can't destroy an economy as big as ours overnight. It takes years. Years of Republican insanity eating away at the country's foundation.

Only a fool could possibly believe that something would just fall apart the instant you touched it. Of course, Republicans believe Obama took a trip costing 200 million dollars a day, so I can't speak for them.

Guy, bullshit. The recession was over by September 2009. The economy was mending just fine on it's own, thank you very much. Then Obama came along and spent a trillion bucks we didn't have, and slammed industry with a huge unfunded mandate and companies like mine that were expanding staff in 2010 are now firing those people in 2011.

Same thing with housing prices. They corrected, but they've lost 14% of their value this year.

Ohh the House republican controlled, how is that hope and change workin out for ya?

Pretty good actually since the Libs a few years ago had the GOP dead and buried never to again win any elections...

Let's just say it's the first step in the right direction. :lol: :clap2:

Guy, bullshit. The recession was over by September 2009. The economy was mending just fine on it's own, thank you very much. Then Obama came along and spent a trillion bucks we didn't have, and slammed industry with a huge unfunded mandate and companies like mine that were expanding staff in 2010 are now firing those people in 2011.

Same thing with housing prices. They corrected, but they've lost 14% of their value this year.

Bull fucking shit. Just stop lying. Don't you know that makes you dirty? Obama has 5% fewer regulations than Bush did at this point in Bush's first term. Learn to use Google fucktard.

Down 14%? Link?

That's certainly not the case from the data I see.

Not too bright are you?
the housing bubble happened entirely on Bush's watch.

Thick aren't we?

Wrong. Stop being a hack FFS.

If you have even a modicum of understanding of what has happened, you will realize how ridiculous this is.

We have a lousy housing market because we built waaaaaay too many houses prior to 2008. You can say Obama's policies have not helped or have hurt a bit, but if you believe in, you know, supply and demand, you will grasp the massive disequilibrium we have had in housing.

Bull fucking shit. Just stop lying. Don't you know that makes you dirty? Obama has 5% fewer regulations than Bush did at this point in Bush's first term. Learn to use Google fucktard.

Ooooh, look who's getting mad.

I do like how you play, "How to lie with numbers". It isn't the quantity of regulations, bugwit, it's the effect of them.

Dud-Fwank made it a lot more difficult for businesses to get loans. No loans, no expansion. No expansion, no hiring. It's just that simple.

And ObaminationCare made it a lot more expensive to hire or even keep the people you have. Last month, my company did two things- 1) fire 20 people. 2) Raise our insurance premiums by 14%. All thanks to Obamacare.

Obama has never run a business in his life, and it shows. I doubt he could run a McDonalds without it going out of business and having several cases of food poisoning.

Forum List

Back