Unemployment now. 8.3
Gasoline prices when Bush left office. 1.78
Gasoline prices now. 3.76
Debt when Bush left office. 10 trillion
Debt now. 15 trillion.

Spin away.

Unemployment when Bush took office 4.2
Unemployment when Bush left office 7.2

Does the President control the price of gasoline?
There were a lot of idiot libtards blaming Bush for high gas prices. Obamaturd stated he would like to see five dollar a gallon gas. Keep the libtard stupid spin going, you guys are used to being dizzy.

And .... what exactly has Obama done to cause prices to go up?

There were a lot of idiot libtards blaming Bush for high gas prices. Obamaturd stated he would like to see five dollar a gallon gas. Keep the libtard stupid spin going, you guys are used to being dizzy.

Yeah 1993 deficit reduction: A Lesson on Tax Policy

without a single GOP vote and the conservative noise machine predicting disaster

Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down.

This is another of conservatives’ hidden agendas: they keep promising workers that if we cut taxes on the wealthy and the economy grows, their wages will go up. But when wages even start to go up—for whatever reason—conservatives do everything they can to slow down the economy. They never openly tell the public about the second part of their strategy when they discuss taxes, economic growth and wages.

Exactly. Shithead gutted the Military until the day he left office.

Unemployment now. 8.3
Debt now. 15 trillion.

Spin away.
What you are talking about is correlation without mentioning causation. (As are many posters in this thread, con and lib.) To put it more simply, you're not proving anything. You just grabbed some stats and explained who was president at that time. What did Bush do to keep gas so cheap? What did Obama do to make gas so expensive? (Or Congress, or whomever.)

Global temperatures have increasesd since Obama took office. OMG, Obama causes global warming!

More states are passing same-sex legislation. Holy Crap! Obama causes gay marriage!

9/11 happened while Bush was president. I knew it! Bush caused 9/11!

See how stupid this game is? Try using facts (including links if possible) to back up your implied arguments and see where that gets you.

Kind of a ridiculous post. Bush didn't cause Katrina, but the different between Bush's response and Obama's response is a world of difference.

Concerning 9/11, Bush let Bin Laden go and invaded Iraq as a response to 9/11. How much sense did that make?

You may want to rethink your post.

I'm not going to spell it out. I concurred with you to save time, energy and sanity. It's a great thing to have debt over 100% of GDP.

I'm glad you showed me the light.

Still waiting for your explanation. Or for you to ask me to do it for you.

If you want, you can send me an email and I can send you the explanation.

Unemployment now. 8.3
Debt now. 15 trillion.

Spin away.
What you are talking about is correlation without mentioning causation. (As are many posters in this thread, con and lib.) To put it more simply, you're not proving anything. You just grabbed some stats and explained who was president at that time. What did Bush do to keep gas so cheap? What did Obama do to make gas so expensive? (Or Congress, or whomever.)

Global temperatures have increasesd since Obama took office. OMG, Obama causes global warming!

More states are passing same-sex legislation. Holy Crap! Obama causes gay marriage!

See how stupid this game is? Try using facts (including links if possible) to back up your implied arguments and see where that gets you.

Kind of a ridiculous post. Bush didn't cause Katrina, but the different between Bush's response and Obama's response is a world of difference.

Concerning 9/11, Bush let Bin Laden go and invaded Iraq as a response to 9/11. How much sense did that make?

Bush did not let Bin Laden go, Idiot.

Bush did not obstruct the response to Katrina. The Governor of LA did. The Federal Government advised full evacuation days before. State and Local Authorities Mocked the Advice and told people to stay put. Who was responsible for all of the Lost Souls stuck inside of their attics, when the flood waters rose, where Coast Guard Rescue Choppers could not even see them? Nobody knew they were there. You have been slandering Bush long enough.

Unemployment now. 8.3
Debt now. 15 trillion.

Spin away.

Not control, but his actions can certainly effect the price of gas, as obama's has.

What actions are you talking about? Your stupid claim that we are not drilling enough. Yet we are exporting enough gasoline and diesel that refined fuels have become our leading export. Kind of does in your stupidity about refinery capacity, also.

Now the President and Congress could nationalize the petroleum industry, and not allow any exports. That would bring the price of gas down here, as we have excess refinery capacity. However, soon you would be facing a gasoline shortage.

You see, the free market determines the price of gasoline. Speculators can create short term bumps, but the reality is that the worldwide demand is creating the high price. So either you 'Conservatives' are calling for government control of business, or you are just flapping yap.

Unemployment now. 8.3
Debt now. 15 trillion.

Spin away.

If he did, it would be $9 now.

Bush did not obstruct the response to Katrina. The Governor of LA did. The Federal Government advised full evacuation days before. State and Local Authorities Mocked the Advice and told people to stay put. Who was responsible for all of the Lost Souls stuck inside of their attics, when the flood waters rose, where Coast Guard Rescue Choppers could not even see them? Nobody knew they were there. You have been slandering Bush long enough.

LOL. Sing it from the roof tops, but the American Citizens know the truth of all of your flap yap. Bush failed to get Bin Laden. He failed to take the proper actions in Katrina. And he lied us into an unneccessary war in Iraq. The man is a total failure, and history will judge him in that manner.

Not control, but his actions can certainly effect the price of gas, as obama's has.

What actions are you talking about? Your stupid claim that we are not drilling enough. Yet we are exporting enough gasoline and diesel that refined fuels have become our leading export. Kind of does in your stupidity about refinery capacity, also.

Now the President and Congress could nationalize the petroleum industry, and not allow any exports. That would bring the price of gas down here, as we have excess refinery capacity. However, soon you would be facing a gasoline shortage.

You see, the free market determines the price of gasoline. Speculators can create short term bumps, but the reality is that the worldwide demand is creating the high price. So either you 'Conservatives' are calling for government control of business, or you are just flapping yap.

Nope. his incompetence would only add to the crisis. By the way, how much is Government profiting on the exports??? .... Uh Huh.

Unemployment now. 8.3
Debt now. 15 trillion.

Spin away.

If he did, it would be $9 now.
Or Stevie Shu...has already admitted to the chicanery...the intent.

Morning Bell: White House Wants to Keep Gas Prices High

Unemployment now. 8.3
Debt now. 15 trillion.

Spin away.

OK, I won't lie. Every president is stuck with the budget of the previous president for the first ten months he's in office. On the last day of Clinton's last budget, unemployment was 5.3%. On the last day of Bush's last budget, unemployment was 10.1%.

Hmmm, funny how that works out.

Now, explain all that "cheap gas" we were going to get from Iraq.

Well?

Well?

Thought so.

Bush's last budget? Not the one with republicans in charge of congress. The democrats held the troops hostage to this leftist sleaze. Bush's last real budget was ended in October of 2007.
Unemployment rate 4.7%.

Unemployment in October 2007, The Editor's Desk

Not to mention that the budget deficit that year was 1.2% of GDP @ $161 billion:
http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2007/10/05/deficit-for-fiscal-2007-slides/

Last edited:

"And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him. "

George W. Bush
March 13, 2002
If ANYONE let him go from the start was Billy-Bob Clinton...

At the time, Pubs said he was just wagging the dog...ALWAYS totally FOS. Bush was a total catastrophe, and you idiots want to do it again....:badgrin::badgrin:

"And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him. "

George W. Bush
March 13, 2002
If ANYONE let him go from the start was Billy-Bob Clinton...

At the time, Pubs said he was just wagging the dog...ALWAYS totally FOS. Bush was a total catastrophe, and you idiots want to do it again....:badgrin::badgrin:
And he did 'wag the dawg'.

Did you have a point?

Forum List

Back