3 mass shooting, three semi automtic rifles

This last asshole was on bail for assault with a deadly weapon and the weapon itself and the magazines were ALREADY illegal. How'd that gun ban work out?

We sure have weak gun control.
No we have weak enforcement of the gun laws that are on the books
Not doing anything about gun violence because it can't be stopped is like not trying to do something about diabetes because it can't be stopped
Diabetes isn't a right, yet.
Cancer isn't either but why try for cures? You can't see your way to want stricter gun laws? That CAN be implemented?
How about enforcing the laws already there that would have prevented a lot of these mass shootings? Dont wanna talk about that do ya?

I dont want you to take my semi auto rifle, either. Is that going to stop you from taking that?
Of course it isnt. Try another bullshit justification for your gun fallacies.
If a guy is going to be nuts and shoot up all and sundry, he can do it one slow bullet at a time and reload after he's shot five.
No one needs to be able to shoot faster or more than that for anything legal or even for self protection.
So you do want my handguns LOL
Who tf said that?
You just did lol
You want to ban shit you dont even understand. Just stop. Good gawd OL
Harley, rather than dismiss me, explain what I said that leads you to believe I want your handgun. Maybe what I want is the high capacity magazines? I know what one of those is.
I said rifles. I meant rifles.

There are practically no handguns with 5 round magazines.

My handgun holds 11.

The last three whack jobs that went on a shooting spree used semi automatic rifles. The last two wore tactical gear.

Background checks?

If all these nutsos want them then I suggest that the idea some one wants them is a sign they are mentally off.

The more they assault type rifles want, the more whacked they are. Probably at least at by the square of that number.

Have two, 4 times as as crazy. Have 4, 16 times as crazy.

Next, add another factor of ten for every piece of "tactical gear" they own.

Really, you are way off the deep end if you have to dress up in this tactical gear.

Real sane gun owners wouldn't own an assault type rifle. Not good for hunting, not good for self defense. They would be safe.

Just those crazy fucks running around in tactical gear toting their AR-15, round them up & send them to the psycho ward.

Yeah....the Las Vegas guy....passed your federally mandated background check.

The Texas guy, passed your federally mandated backround check but wasn't legally able to own the gun.

The California guy, could not legally buy, own or carry the gun....how did he get them?

The other guy you failed to mention....the Texas, NRA instructor with his personal AR-15 civilian rifle saved 26 lives by shooting the church shooter and driving him away from the church....long before the police showed up....and as the California killer shows, stopping him the way the NRA instructor did with his AR-15 civilain rifle....may likely have saved even more lives....

There are 13 million AR-15s in Civilian hands......at this point 2 were misused, one was used to stop the other guy......and wedon't know what the california shooter was shooting....

We can also look at cities with good gun control.

Cities don't have walls. Easy to get guns in and out obviously. Funny how you jump around. Fact is mass murder is unique to the US. Places with good gun control don't have a mass murder problem, and yes they have trucks.
So its ok to compare our country to other countries even though there are thousands of things that effect the stats.
But cities actually in our country are no good?
Lol well by golly george. Imagine that shit!

Well yes, our country is littered with guns. It's easy to get them into cities obviously. What civilized country with good gun control has a mass killing problem?
Illegal gun trade is a billion dollar+ a year industry. They come from OTHER COUNTRIES.
How do you ban that?

Countries with strong gun control don't have a mass killing problem. Looks like it can be done.
I'm sure those countries don't celebrate mental illness the way a lot of Americans do.

The last three whack jobs that went on a shooting spree used semi automatic rifles. The last two wore tactical gear.

Background checks?

If all these nutsos want them then I suggest that the idea some one wants them is a sign they are mentally off.

The more they assault type rifles want, the more whacked they are. Probably at least at by the square of that number.

Really, you are way off the deep end if you have to dress up in this tactical gear.

Real sane gun owners wouldn't own an assault type rifle. Not good for hunting, not good for self defense. They would be safe.

Just those crazy fucks running around in tactical gear toting their AR-15, round them up & send them to the psycho ward.

I thought you said they were semi-automatics. If that is the case, they are not an assault rifle. I think like most gun grabbers, you are hopelessly confused.

They sure killed a lot of people fast.

A rental truck kills people faster.......

Las Vegas...58 people killed in 11 minutes.

Texas...26 people killed....stopped by an NRA instructor who used an AR-15 civilian rifle, saving another 26 lives.

Rental truck, Nice, France.....89 people murdered, over 450 injured in 5 minutes.

If they really wanted to kill people they would use rental trucks.....

You are sure? Provide a link saying semi-automatic rifles are illegal to hunt with.
One of my students said he borrowed a friend's semiautomatic rifle to hunt deer last year, but you only pull the trigger once, not a bunch of times. You don't want to tear up the meat.
You have very little understanding of guns and hunting don't you? Why would anyone unload a magazine on a deer? lol! BTW, this is a typical semi automatic hunting rifle.
742959_01_remington_7400_semi_auto_30_06_640.jpg

If you miss with the first shot the deer is usually long gone before you can aim again. If you aren't sure what aiming is, I'm sure we can help you there.
You're such a sweetie to help me out, Mike! My student didn't unload a magazine on a deer and he explained to me why.
You see, homicidal maniacs DO spray their bullets without "aiming again," because they are not being responsible hunters. So they can go real fast.
Marion says he sprays rabbits, pretty sure.

Background checks?

I thought you said they were semi-automatics. If that is the case, they are not an assault rifle. I think like most gun grabbers, you are hopelessly confused.

So do rental trucks
Yes you want as many options available. Seems guns are used a whole lot more.

considering there are 600 million guns in private hands.....and Americans use their guns 1,500,000 times a year....more lives are saved with guns than democrats and criminals take with guns....

No we have weak enforcement of the gun laws that are on the books
Not doing anything about gun violence because it can't be stopped is like not trying to do something about diabetes because it can't be stopped
Cancer isn't either but why try for cures? You can't see your way to want stricter gun laws? That CAN be implemented?

Tell me what new gun laws will do what the ones we already have but do not enforce don't do
Well start by punishing those preventing those laws from being implemented even if it means putting the NRA in jails.

No one is preventing existing laws from being enforced.

The parties responsible for not enforcing the laws on the books are government law enforcement and judicial agencies.

Are you going to throw cops, district attorneys and judges in jail for not enforcing the laws we already have on the books?

You are sure? Provide a link saying semi-automatic rifles are illegal to hunt with.
One of my students said he borrowed a friend's semiautomatic rifle to hunt deer last year, but you only pull the trigger once, not a bunch of times. You don't want to tear up the meat.

It doesn't tear up anything if you miss! DUH!

Tell me what new gun laws will do what the ones we already have but do not enforce don't do
Well start by punishing those preventing those laws from being implemented even if it means putting the NRA in jails.

The ones preventing the laws from being implemented are progressive groups like the ACLU.
Yeah they love seeing deaths and destruction by guns

Apparently no more skeered than vans make you. I didn't miss your point; you haven't got one.
My point was, people will kill however they can. I do, indeed, have a point.
But you are a reactionary so...
You're right I am reacting to three mindless mass murders in two months. If that's wrong, I'm in the wrong universe.
Exactly MINDLESS. Thanks!
Outlawing semiautomatic weapons isn't the only answer, you're right. Absolutely. But getting those goddamned things out of every American closet would really help. This latest nutcase also bought his guns legally, and owned them even though he was arrested earlier this year for assault with a deadly weapon, and it was against his wife. A neighbor called and told the cops the shooter was acting pretty nutty prior to the shooting and firing hundreds of rounds in his backyard. Ignore, ignore, ignore. Then BANG. So you're right. There's more to it than just doing a buy back of semi's.

Why do you want to take my weapons? I did nothing wrong.

I shoot hundreds of rounds when I go shooting with my wife and daughters .
It's not about you; it's about the type of gun and the damage it can do. To me it is a form of risk reduction. Nothing is perfect and I'm not saying you did anything wrong.

Let’s just make sure there aren’t any roadblocks that will keep these sickos out of the gun aisle at wall mart. I mean what’s the worst that could happen?
Guns, guns and more guns for everyone!!!!

You may have a point...more guns, less crime

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

So do rental trucks
Whats going to happen if we got rid of the guns? Use trucks more?
You reactionaries are going to want to ban them as well.

Well we can look at countries with good gun control to answer that question. Looks like just less mass killings.

Which ones? Britain now has a huge gun crime problem, Australia dittos....Canada...dittos......if you want to live in a police state like Japan, then you might have a low gun crime rate....but then you give up search and seizure protections as well as all sorts of other rights......

You just did lol
You want to ban shit you dont even understand. Just stop. Good gawd OL
Harley, rather than dismiss me, explain what I said that leads you to believe I want your handgun. Maybe what I want is the high capacity magazines? I know what one of those is.
I said rifles. I meant rifles.
If a guy is going to be nuts and shoot up all and sundry, he can do it one slow bullet at a time and reload after he's shot five.
No one needs to be able to shoot faster or more than that for anything legal or even for self protection.

You basically just dismissed 95% of handguns.
They don't shoot as far as a rifle, do they? They can't be turned back into a sane weapon instead of a weapon of mass destruction?
I know they are preferred because a bullet automatically moves in to the chamber as soon as one is fired. The larger magazines mean you don't have to reload as much. So if it is a semi handgun, couldn't magazines be limited to five?
Large quantities of ammunition are nuts, too. What the hell?
It takes 3 seconds to change magazines.
Took longer than that for the Vegas shooter, the Sutherland shooter--people heard the long pauses while they reloaded. What are you, the Rifleman?
Never mind, you're probably too young to know who I mean.

I can change magazines on an AK-47 in about 2 seconds in the middle of a firefight. Practice, practice, practice.

The special ops troops I work with like that!

The ones preventing the laws from being implemented are progressive groups like the ACLU.
Yeah they love seeing deaths and destruction by guns

No, what they love seeing is the US Court system rendered completely helpless. They will fight for every violent asshole leftist out there. But a rightwinger who doesn't want to bake a cake..... forget it.

So do rental trucks
Whats going to happen if we got rid of the guns? Use trucks more?
You reactionaries are going to want to ban them as well.

Well we can look at countries with good gun control to answer that question. Looks like just less mass killings.
We can also look at cities with good gun control.

Cities don't have walls. Easy to get guns in and out obviously. Funny how you jump around. Fact is mass murder is unique to the US. Places with good gun control don't have a mass murder problem, and yes they have trucks.

Except for France, Germany, Norway, Australia....almost a dozen in the last few years.....

My point was, people will kill however they can. I do, indeed, have a point.
But you are a reactionary so...
You're right I am reacting to three mindless mass murders in two months. If that's wrong, I'm in the wrong universe.
Exactly MINDLESS. Thanks!
Outlawing semiautomatic weapons isn't the only answer, you're right. Absolutely. But getting those goddamned things out of every American closet would really help. This latest nutcase also bought his guns legally, and owned them even though he was arrested earlier this year for assault with a deadly weapon, and it was against his wife. A neighbor called and told the cops the shooter was acting pretty nutty prior to the shooting and firing hundreds of rounds in his backyard. Ignore, ignore, ignore. Then BANG. So you're right. There's more to it than just doing a buy back of semi's.

Why do you want to take my weapons? I did nothing wrong.

I shoot hundreds of rounds when I go shooting with my wife and daughters .
It's not about you; it's about the type of gun and the damage it can do. To me it is a form of risk reduction. Nothing is perfect and I'm not saying you did anything wrong.
You people make it about ALL gun owners.

The current thinking is one person kills with a gun then we have to do something to ALL gun owners .

If that's the way you want to live then be consistent and apply that "logic" to all laws

OK, good job whackos

We got the truck argument.

We got the definition of assault rifle argument

We got the good guy with a gun argument

We got input from the Limbaugh dittoheads

I know you can do better.

Forum List

Back