3 mass shooting, three semi automtic rifles

Apparently no more skeered than vans make you. I didn't miss your point; you haven't got one.
My point was, people will kill however they can. I do, indeed, have a point.
But you are a reactionary so...
You're right I am reacting to three mindless mass murders in two months. If that's wrong, I'm in the wrong universe.
Exactly MINDLESS. Thanks!
Outlawing semiautomatic weapons isn't the only answer, you're right. Absolutely. But getting those goddamned things out of every American closet would really help. This latest nutcase also bought his guns legally, and owned them even though he was arrested earlier this year for assault with a deadly weapon, and it was against his wife. A neighbor called and told the cops the shooter was acting pretty nutty prior to the shooting and firing hundreds of rounds in his backyard. Ignore, ignore, ignore. Then BANG. So you're right. There's more to it than just doing a buy back of semi's.
So 2 of the last 3 incidents you are whining about happened because of the Govt.
:rofl:
The government's failure to protect it's citizens by allowing our love of guns become completely and totally out of control, yes.

The last three whack jobs that went on a shooting spree used semi automatic rifles. The last two wore tactical gear.

Background checks?

If all these nutsos want them then I suggest that the idea some one wants them is a sign they are mentally off.

The more they assault type rifles want, the more whacked they are. Probably at least at by the square of that number.

Have two, 4 times as as crazy. Have 4, 16 times as crazy.

Next, add another factor of ten for every piece of "tactical gear" they own.

Really, you are way off the deep end if you have to dress up in this tactical gear.

Real sane gun owners wouldn't own an assault type rifle. Not good for hunting, not good for self defense. They would be safe.

Just those crazy fucks running around in tactical gear toting their AR-15, round them up & send them to the psycho ward.

This last asshole was on bail for assault with a deadly weapon and the weapon itself and the magazines were ALREADY illegal. How'd that gun ban work out?

We sure have weak gun control.
No we have weak enforcement of the gun laws that are on the books
Not doing anything about gun violence because it can't be stopped is like not trying to do something about diabetes because it can't be stopped

The last three whack jobs that went on a shooting spree used semi automatic rifles. The last two wore tactical gear.

Background checks?

If all these nutsos want them then I suggest that the idea some one wants them is a sign they are mentally off.

The more they assault type rifles want, the more whacked they are. Probably at least at by the square of that number.

Really, you are way off the deep end if you have to dress up in this tactical gear.

Real sane gun owners wouldn't own an assault type rifle. Not good for hunting, not good for self defense. They would be safe.

Just those crazy fucks running around in tactical gear toting their AR-15, round them up & send them to the psycho ward.

This last asshole was on bail for assault with a deadly weapon and the weapon itself and the magazines were ALREADY illegal. How'd that gun ban work out?

Not doing anything about gun violence because it can't be stopped is like not trying to do something about diabetes because it can't be stopped

We have thousands of gun laws on the books that we choose not to enforce.

So tell me what new law would be the magic pill you are looking for?

I've taken all my kids out into the woods and taught them how to fire an AR-15. They've been taking firearms training from me since my youngest was six years old.

As a result, they are far more responsible than their untrained peers. One of my son's friends showed my son where his dad (who is a cop) hides his shotgun.

My son did exactly the right thing. He did not touch the shotgun. Instead, he came home and told me about it.

Then I told the cop about it, and that he needed to have a word with his son.

Just because I enjoy the shit out of firing an AR-15 does not mean I am mentally ill. The fucking OP writer is an asshole.

BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT ME TO TAKE YOUR SIDEARM! I try being reasonable about this for once in my life and you're still reacting as if I wanted to go Australia on your ass.
I dont want you to take my semi auto rifle, either. Is that going to stop you from taking that?
Of course it isnt. Try another bullshit justification for your gun fallacies.
If a guy is going to be nuts and shoot up all and sundry, he can do it one slow bullet at a time and reload after he's shot five.
No one needs to be able to shoot faster or more than that for anything legal or even for self protection.
So you do want my handguns LOL
Who tf said that?
You just did lol
You want to ban shit you dont even understand. Just stop. Good gawd OL
Harley, rather than dismiss me, explain what I said that leads you to believe I want your handgun. Maybe what I want is the high capacity magazines? I know what one of those is.
I said rifles. I meant rifles.

My point was, people will kill however they can. I do, indeed, have a point.
But you are a reactionary so...
You're right I am reacting to three mindless mass murders in two months. If that's wrong, I'm in the wrong universe.
Exactly MINDLESS. Thanks!
Outlawing semiautomatic weapons isn't the only answer, you're right. Absolutely. But getting those goddamned things out of every American closet would really help. This latest nutcase also bought his guns legally, and owned them even though he was arrested earlier this year for assault with a deadly weapon, and it was against his wife. A neighbor called and told the cops the shooter was acting pretty nutty prior to the shooting and firing hundreds of rounds in his backyard. Ignore, ignore, ignore. Then BANG. So you're right. There's more to it than just doing a buy back of semi's.
So 2 of the last 3 incidents you are whining about happened because of the Govt.
:rofl:
The government's failure to protect it's citizens by allowing our love of guns become completely and totally out of control, yes.
The one from last week or whatever shouldnt have been able to buy guns. BUT the govt failed
You said this guy was going crazy in his yard possibly breaking ordinances or state laws. The govt failed again.
It has nothing to do with the second amendment.
NONE of this has to do with the second amendment.

Yes you want as many options available. Seems guns are used a whole lot more.
Whats going to happen if we got rid of the guns? Use trucks more?
You reactionaries are going to want to ban them as well.

So banning assault type rifles is banning all guns. You are such a dick.
Indeed. But thank gawd im not as dumb, nor weak, as you. At least i have that going for me, right? :D

Yes you sit back and watch churches and schools get shot up. How strong you are.
Price of having freedom. Its tragic but its the people to blame. Not guns.
It is literally stupid as fuck to blame an INANIMATE object.

Whats going to happen if we got rid of the guns? Use trucks more?
You reactionaries are going to want to ban them as well.

So banning assault type rifles is banning all guns. You are such a dick.
Indeed. But thank gawd im not as dumb, nor weak, as you. At least i have that going for me, right? :D

Yes you sit back and watch churches and schools get shot up. How strong you are.
Price of having freedom. Its tragic but its the people to blame. Not guns.
It is literally stupid as fuck to blame an INANIMATE object.

We should all have the freedom to live. Well all these dead people were shot by people with guns. People without guns tend to kill a lot less.

It seems to me the people without guns get killed more often

I dont want you to take my semi auto rifle, either. Is that going to stop you from taking that?
If a guy is going to be nuts and shoot up all and sundry, he can do it one slow bullet at a time and reload after he's shot five.
No one needs to be able to shoot faster or more than that for anything legal or even for self protection.
Who tf said that?
You just did lol
Harley, rather than dismiss me, explain what I said that leads you to believe I want your handgun. Maybe what I want is the high capacity magazines? I know what one of those is.

You basically just dismissed 95% of handguns.

Who tf said that?
You just did lol
My handguns are semiautomatic and have 10 round magazines

Tell me you don't want to ban them

And FYI Rifles account for less than 2% of all murders.

So banning them will do nothing to lower the murder rates just like the much celebrated "assault rifle" ban did nothing to lower murder rates

I've taken all my kids out into the woods and taught them how to fire an AR-15. They've been taking firearms training from me since my youngest was six years old.

As a result, they are far more responsible than their untrained peers. One of my son's friends showed my son where his dad (who is a cop) hides his shotgun.

My son did exactly the right thing. He did not touch the shotgun. Instead, he came home and told me about it.

Just because I enjoy the shit out of firing an AR-15 does not mean I am mentally ill. The fucking OP writer is an asshole.
Of course not. Of the people I know, more own guns than don't and I don't lose any sleep over it. But AR's get in the hands of people who just want to randomly shoot up people rather than targets or trees or chipmunks, or whatever you shoot at in the woods. Some are criminals, some are nuts. Is your right to "have fun" more important than getting those guns out of circulation and unavailable to people who are mentally ill or homicidal?

Of course not. Of the people I know, more own guns than don't and I don't lose any sleep over it. But AR's get in the hands of people who just want to randomly shoot up people rather than targets or trees or chipmunks, or whatever you shoot at in the woods. Some are criminals, some are nuts. Is your right to "have fun" more important than getting those guns out of circulation and unavailable to people who are mentally ill or homicidal?
You dont realize it yet but you are blaming PEOPLE not guns.
THINK about it..
You want to punish a hundred million LAW ABIDING gun owners because of .00001% of crazy gun owners.

Who tf said that?
You just did lol

So banning them will do nothing to lower the murder rates just like the much celebrated "assault rifle" ban did nothing to lower murder rates
I bet there have been more mass shooting with handguns in chicago alone the past three years than 40 years with semi auto rifles.

Background checks?

how about penalties for not enforcing those 1000's you talk about and stop allowing mentally deranged from buying weapons??

How are semi-automatic rifles "not good" for hunting or self defense? The typical anti gun screed is careful to omit the fact that the last three mass murders were committed by registered democrats and left wing hate mongers. How many people recognize the name " James Hodgkinson"? They should except the MSM was careful to bury the story of a crazy Sanders democrat opening fire on a baseball team full of republicans. How many people know that Hodgkinson had a list of republican targets in his pocket and that he might have been in communication with democrat politicians before he opened fire on republicans? Vegas mass murderer Stephen Paddock was probably influenced by the same left wing crazy hatred as Hodgkinson but the story has strangely gone dark. A CBS executive said that she had no sympathy for the Vegas victims because they were all "right wing gun nuts themselves". It gives you an insight into the mainstream liberal mind these days. The Baptist Church killer hated Christians and Christians are often republicans. Every one of the mass murderers violated at least half a dozen laws and it took an NRA member to bring down Kelley.
Semi automatic rifles are not legal to hunt in most states. Except the states where the hunters are so pathetic they can't kill a deer with the first shot.

They are typically not the recommended weapon for home defense. A rather poor choice.

If I wanted top hear Rush Limbaugh, I would tune him in.

This bullshit about these shooters being Democrats works on assholes like you.

These last three were little involved in politics at all.appear to have mental issues
The best weapon for home defense is any weapon you can accurately shoot.

A lightweight semiautomatic rifle is a perfectly good weapon for home defense especially if the person is of smaller stature or has other physical limitations.

But you don't know shit about guns so I wouldn't expect you to know that either.

how about penalties for not enforcing those 1000's you talk about and stop allowing mentally deranged from buying weapons??
Yes, how about we enforce existing laws?
That has been an argument for 10 years but it never works.
Sounds like you just joined my gun advocate camp :thup:

It's already illegal for the adjudicated mentally ill to buy firearms

And who are you going to penalize for not enforcing the laws? The government?

Who tf said that?
You just did lol

I bet there have been more mass shooting with handguns in chicago alone the past three years than 40 years with semi auto rifles.

The facts are the facts

1% of all murders occur in mass shooting events
Less than 2 % of all murders are committed with rifles of any kind

You are sure? Provide a link saying semi-automatic rifles are illegal to hunt with in most states..

Last edited:
Who tf said that?
You just did lol

They don't shoot as far as a rifle, do they? They can't be turned back into a sane weapon instead of a weapon of mass destruction?
I know they are preferred because a bullet automatically moves in to the chamber as soon as one is fired. The larger magazines mean you don't have to reload as much. So if it is a semi handgun, couldn't magazines be limited to five?
Large quantities of ammunition are nuts, too. What the hell?

Who tf said that?
You just did lol

They don't shoot as far as a rifle, do they? They can't be turned back into a sane weapon instead of a weapon of mass destruction?
I know they are preferred because a bullet automatically moves in to the chamber as soon as one is fired. The larger magazines mean you don't have to reload as much. So if it is a semi handgun, couldn't magazines be limited to five?
Large quantities of ammunition are nuts, too. What the hell?
It takes 3 seconds to change magazines.

Forum List

Back