3% extra tax for health insurance

What country is the Number 1 destination for rich people all over the planet seeking the best health care?

Where did that fat fucking murdering Senator from MA go for his healthcare?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M]America fuck yeah-team america - YouTube[/ame]

No, it would not. America continues to be the innovator in healthcare and where the rich come to get their surgery, drugs and other procedures. That is because we have maintained a modicum of free markets/profit potential in the space. Other countries, including yours, benefit greatly from our innovation, which will grind to a screeching halt once government takes over healthcare in the states.
Is that why Germany was the first country to cue aids and diabetes in two different people?Or why Spain had the first face transplant, or the first non invasive treatment for carpal tunnel?
I hear all the time how innovative America is in health care yet there is no evidence that it is. So plz come back when you can do something other then spew out bullshit talking points that have no basis in reality
furthermore 55% of new drugs are developed by the American government that is some really weird definition of the private sector you've got
Healthcare insurance costs are reflected in the costs of healthcare itself, rising in part because government planners force insurance carriers to cover everything under the sun...INCLUDING pre-existing conditions! What next, call an insurance company for coverage AFTER your house has burned down? Ridiculous.
What is ridiculous is that you think having a health care system that actuall treats sick people is ridiculous
I've seen socialized healthcare when I lived in England. If you need a flu shot and don't care to pay for your services directly, it's great. If you need urgent medical care, be prepared to wait...a very long time.
Less then waiting in America. So i repeat come back when you can post something other then debunked talking points

Waiting in America? If there is no critical need, the wait is inconsequential. If the need is critical, the wait is nonexistent.

What are you talking about?

How you can compare the USA with the homogeneous, all white Scandinavia countries with a population of Texas and the size of Alaska?

Its easier to compare its called looking at the data. Tohugh if you’re a republican looking at data is hard because it proives you wrong

It English not your first language? I don't speak Jackass so we may have a language barrier.

Find a grown up to read my post to you because population, ethnicity and land area are all "data"

Does anyone agree with this guy? I just looked at his Rep Factor and it's negative about a million.

Out of curiosity, if he reps me with a negative rep, will my rep go down? If he negs me with a negative, will it go up?

Bueller?

Anybody?

A 3% flat tax is what my health insurance costs and then everyone is covered.
Would you have accepted that deal? A 3% flat tax increase on income and then you dont have to think about health insurance.

This is the deal I have through taxes: a 3% flat tax covers HC for everyone

If you earn 0 you pay 0
If you earn 10.000$ you’ve to pay 300$ for HI pr. year
If you earn 50.000$ you’ve to pay 1500$ for HI pr. year
If you earn 100.000$ you’ve to pay 3000$ for HI pr. year
If you earn 1.000.000$ you’ve to pay:30.000$ for HI pr. year
If you earn.100.000.000$ you’ve to pay:3.000.000$ for HI pr year.(3 million $ year).

Would this deal been good for you?

Itd be a shitty deal for me and my wife. our insurance costs us less, and gives us great coverage.
Are you comfortable with big banks and insurance companies having a straw in your wallet making huge profits on yourt health insurance?

yes. my primary concerns with any service or product are the price I pay and the quality I receive. I have absolute confidence that taking the private sector out and replacing it with a government control will have a negative impact on both concerns.

It English not your first language? I don't speak Jackass so we may have a language barrier.

Find a grown up to read my post to you because population, ethnicity and land area are all "data"

Notice you fail to even post a post that contains an intelligent thought. I do not wonder why that is
The problem here is that you refuse to do comparisons because they prove you wrong. So why are you so intent on being wrong and ignorant? You need help go get it
Also come back when your argument isn’t “Europe, Canada Japan, Korea,and Australia” are all to similar so that is why we have shitty health care in America. I mean where do you get this shit logic do you evne bother thinking?

Health care in America is outstanding.

But not affordable and accessible to tens of millions.

Itd be a shitty deal for me and my wife. our insurance costs us less, and gives us great coverage.
Are you comfortable with big banks and insurance companies having a straw in your wallet making huge profits on yourt health insurance?

yes. my primary concerns with any service or product are the price I pay and the quality I receive. I have absolute confidence that taking the private sector out and replacing it with a government control will have a negative impact on both concerns.

Unbiased data that proves your point exists? Provide it,

Here go with the same old tired accuses to keep the status quo.
Let me ask you folks this. All the wealthy indistrial nations (except the US), negoiates their countries costs with healthcare providers and the net result is the cost per capita is much, much lower than the US's. Would anyone here go for that approach to make heathcare more affordable for individuals and businesses?

Last edited:
Here go with the same old tired accuses to keep the status quo.
Let me ask you folks this. All the wealthy indistrial nations (except the US), negoiates their countries costs with healthcare providers and the net result is the cost per capita is much, much lower than the US's. Would anyone here go for that approach to make heathcare nore affordable for individuals and businesses?

Nope, because we have a bunch of sick, greedy fucks in this country.

Then there's story:
More workers opting out of company health plans
The weak economy continues to have a harsh effect on workers’ access to health insurance -- not necessarily because workers aren’t offered it but because they can’t afford it.

A new study from the Employment Benefit Research Institute finds that 55.8 percent of employees were getting health insurance directly from their employer as of April 2011, the most recent data available. That’s a nearly 5 percentage point drop from December 2007, when the economy first went into recession, and the researchers said early research shows that the number probably fell further.

The drop comes after more than a decade in which the rate of employees getting insurance in their own name held steady at around 60 percent.

It appears that it’s the cost, not the availability, of health insurance that is the primary thing keeping workers from getting insured. Ninety percent of uninsured workers said they didn’t have insurance because it was too costly
Employment News, Consumer Tips and Job Advice - Life Inc. | TODAY.com Blogs - More workers opting out of company health plans

Rising healthcare costs that are rising much higher and faster than the CPI, yeah that's good for a healthy economy, (pun intended)

Notice you fail to even post a post that contains an intelligent thought. I do not wonder why that is
The problem here is that you refuse to do comparisons because they prove you wrong. So why are you so intent on being wrong and ignorant? You need help go get it
Also come back when your argument isn’t “Europe, Canada Japan, Korea,and Australia” are all to similar so that is why we have shitty health care in America. I mean where do you get this shit logic do you evne bother thinking?

http://assets.opencrs.com/rpts/RL34175_20070917.pdf
OECD Health Data 2011 - Frequently Requested Data
==Academic standards show America has worse healthcare then other countries.
USA compared to government health care. (all statistics are per capita).
Where America is worse.
1) America has 50% more Medical errors.
2) America is worst in preventable deaths. If America was like government health care 200,000 people would be saved a year.
3) America has 2 million more medical bankruptcies compared to 0.
4) America has 26% less doctors.
5) America has 4% less nurses.
6) America has 46% less hospital beds.
7) America saw half the life expectancy change than countries who changed to government health care.
8) Infant mortality rates are 17% higher in America.
9) America has 100% less Psychiatric care beds.
10) America has 20% less people who go to hospitals.
11) America has 26% more years of life lost due to medical reasons.
12) America has 40% more Respiratory deaths
13) US Tuberculosis treatment success is 10% less
14) 50% more infant deaths
15) 30% more asthma deaths
16) 40% more years lost due to medical conditions
17) 100% more diabetes deaths
15) 50% more deaths by children taken to a hospital for a medical reason

that is not astounding that is pathedic

And you got that all out of a study on health care spending that nowhere deals with quality of care. Now that is pathetic.

Accessibility and quality are not the same thing. And its about 10 million people that genuinely cannot afford it. Unless you add in illegals.

What exactly are you asking for? A copy of our premiums? I cant really give you "unbiased data" on a point (that government run healthcare will increase the cost to me and decrease the quality) when such data does not exist for the simple reason that insurance is has for quite some time been a private affair.

Accessibility and quality are not the same thing. And its about 10 million people that genuinely cannot afford it. Unless you add in illegals.

Yes, no access means no quality, and, no, it is far more citizens than 10 million. You need to study real stats, friend. And if it were 10 million who could not access affordable quality care, guess what: that's 10mm too many. But it is far more than that.

What exactly are you asking for? A copy of our premiums? I cant really give you "unbiased data" on a point (that government run healthcare will increase the cost to me and decrease the quality) when such data does not exist for the simple reason that insurance is has for quite some time been a private affair.

Give some comparisons of cost, access, quality with France, Spain, Taiwan, Sweden, Denmark, Australia, Japan, and so forth. Go ahead, please.

Yes, no access means no quality, and, no, it is far more citizens than 10 million. You need to study real stats, friend. And if it were 10 million who could not access affordable quality care, guess what: that's 10mm too many. But it is far more than that.

As of 2007, according to the US census, there were 45.7 million people without insurance.Of that number, 9.7 million are in this country illegally. 17.6 million had incomes above 50k, and another 9.1 million made more than 75k. Millions of others had access to programs like AHHCCS, but had not enrolled in them. Millions of others were under the age of 30, and had little need for anything but a low-cost catastrophic plan

The number of Americans that genuinely cannot afford health insurance is about 10 million. And I agree. Its too many.

Give some comparisons of cost, access, quality with France, Spain, Taiwan, Sweden, Denmark, Australia, Japan, and so forth. Go ahead, please.

Why? Am I going to be visiting France, Spain, Taiwan, Sweden, Denmark, Australia, or Japan for my care?

And what exactly does that have to do with the quality of care I am currently receiving under my plan, for the price I pay? ARe you saying that, for me specifically, I will be better off under the sort of plan proposed in the OP? Cause if so, I must ask where you developed such mystical powers?

OECD Health Data 2011 - Frequently Requested Data
==Academic standards show America has worse healthcare then other countries.
USA compared to government health care. (all statistics are per capita).
Where America is worse.
1) America has 50% more Medical errors.
2) America is worst in preventable deaths. If America was like government health care 200,000 people would be saved a year.
3) America has 2 million more medical bankruptcies compared to 0.
4) America has 26% less doctors.
5) America has 4% less nurses.
6) America has 46% less hospital beds.
7) America saw half the life expectancy change than countries who changed to government health care.
8) Infant mortality rates are 17% higher in America.
9) America has 100% less Psychiatric care beds.
10) America has 20% less people who go to hospitals.
11) America has 26% more years of life lost due to medical reasons.
12) America has 40% more Respiratory deaths
13) US Tuberculosis treatment success is 10% less
14) 50% more infant deaths
15) 30% more asthma deaths
16) 40% more years lost due to medical conditions
17) 100% more diabetes deaths
15) 50% more deaths by children taken to a hospital for a medical reason

that is not astounding that is pathedic

And you got that all out of a study on health care spending that nowhere deals with quality of care. Now that is pathetic.
Whats pathedic is that you can't even read

No, it would not. America continues to be the innovator in healthcare and where the rich come to get their surgery, drugs and other procedures. That is because we have maintained a modicum of free markets/profit potential in the space. Other countries, including yours, benefit greatly from our innovation, which will grind to a screeching halt once government takes over healthcare in the states.
Is that why Germany was the first country to cue aids and diabetes in two different people?Or why Spain had the first face transplant, or the first non invasive treatment for carpal tunnel?
I hear all the time how innovative America is in health care yet there is no evidence that it is. So plz come back when you can do something other then spew out bullshit talking points that have no basis in reality
furthermore 55% of new drugs are developed by the American government that is some really weird definition of the private sector you've got

What is ridiculous is that you think having a health care system that actuall treats sick people is ridiculous
I've seen socialized healthcare when I lived in England. If you need a flu shot and don't care to pay for your services directly, it's great. If you need urgent medical care, be prepared to wait...a very long time.
Less then waiting in America. So i repeat come back when you can post something other then debunked talking points

Waiting in America? If there is no critical need, the wait is inconsequential. If the need is critical, the wait is nonexistent.

What are you talking about?
I'm talking about facts not some bullshit you heard from some right-wiong goon
Canada outranks U.S. in healthcare report card | Reuters

Quality. In terms of quality of health care, a five-country study found that each
of the five countries studied (the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom,
Australia, and New Zealand) had the best and worst health outcomes on at least one
measure, but no country emerged as a clear quality leader. For example, the United
States had the highest breast cancer survival rate but the lowest kidney transplant
survival rate. A six-country study (the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom,
Australia, New Zealand, and Germany) found that Americans were most likely to
report receiving specific recommended preventive services for diabetic and
hypertensive patients, but were most likely to complain that their doctor did not
spend enough time with them and did not have a chance to answer all of their
questions.

Wait Times. The United States is one of eight countries in which wait times
for elective surgery are reported to be low. In a recent survey, a quarter to a third of
respondents in Canada, the United Kingdom, and Australia reported waiting more
than four months for a non-emergency procedure, compared with only 5% of
Americans. In terms of doctor visits to primary care physicians, a five-country survey found that Americans had the greatest difficulty getting care on nights and
weekends and were the most likely to forgo care because of cost.

seems to me, you BOTH need to read.

Outcomes varied from country to country depending on the condition the patient suffered from. Some countries seem to be better at treating certain conditions while others seem better at treating other conditions.

None of this data is either damning or upholding the American health care system. It is simply pointing out comparisons on a data point to data point basis.

That being said, one would expect as we pay nearly three times as much per person for health care in this country, our system OUGHT to stand out well above the rest. As we do not, the logical conclusion is that on a cost basis alone, we are not getting the results we pay for, while other countries are paying less and achieving similar results.

Forum List

Back