3% extra tax for health insurance

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Euro, May 30, 2012.

1. Euro

Euro Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26
    A 3% flat tax is what my health insurance costs and then everyone is covered.
    Would you have accepted that deal? A 3% flat tax increase on income and then you dont have to think about health insurance.

This is the deal I have through taxes: a 3% flat tax covers HC for everyone

If you earn 0 you pay 0
    If you earn 10.000$ you’ve to pay 300$ for HI pr. year
    If you earn 50.000$ you’ve to pay 1500$ for HI pr. year
    If you earn 100.000$ you’ve to pay 3000$ for HI pr. year
    If you earn 1.000.000$ you’ve to pay:30.000$ for HI pr. year
    If you earn.100.000.000$ you’ve to pay:3.000.000$ for HI pr year.(3 million $ year).

Would this deal been good for you?

2. eflatminor

eflatminor Classical Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,049
    No, it would not. America continues to be the innovator in healthcare and where the rich come to get their surgery, drugs and other procedures. That is because we have maintained a modicum of free markets/profit potential in the space. Other countries, including yours, benefit greatly from our innovation, which will grind to a screeching halt once government takes over healthcare in the states.

Healthcare insurance costs are reflected in the costs of healthcare itself, rising in part because government planners force insurance carriers to cover everything under the sun...INCLUDING pre-existing conditions! What next, call an insurance company for coverage AFTER your house has burned down? Ridiculous.

I've seen socialized healthcare when I lived in England. If you need a flu shot and don't care to pay for your services directly, it's great. If you need urgent medical care, be prepared to wait...a very long time.

You keep your centrally planned economy while benefiting from the inventions of a free people.

3. starcraftzzz

starcraftzzz Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Is that why Germany was the first country to cue aids and diabetes in two different people?Or why Spain had the first face transplant, or the first non invasive treatment for carpal tunnel?
    I hear all the time how innovative America is in health care yet there is no evidence that it is. So plz come back when you can do something other then spew out bullshit talking points that have no basis in reality
    furthermore 55% of new drugs are developed by the American government that is some really weird definition of the private sector you've got
    What is ridiculous is that you think having a health care system that actuall treats sick people is ridiculous
    Less then waiting in America. So i repeat come back when you can post something other then debunked talking points

4. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,917
    How you can compare the USA with the homogeneous, all white Scandinavia countries with a population of Texas and the size of Alaska?

5. starcraftzzz

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Its easier to compare its called looking at the data. Tohugh if you’re a republican looking at data is hard because it proives you wrong

6. CrusaderFrank

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,917
    It English not your first language? I don't speak Jackass so we may have a language barrier.

Find a grown up to read my post to you because population, ethnicity and land area are all "data"

7. starcraftzzz

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Notice you fail to even post a post that contains an intelligent thought. I do not wonder why that is
    The problem here is that you refuse to do comparisons because they prove you wrong. So why are you so intent on being wrong and ignorant? You need help go get it
    Also come back when your argument isn’t “Europe, Canada Japan, Korea,and Australia” are all to similar so that is why we have shitty health care in America. I mean where do you get this shit logic do you evne bother thinking?

8. CrusaderFrank

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,917
    Hey you fucking bonehead, can you tell us exactly what Scandinavia is?

9. chikenwing

chikenwing Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,960
    The wealthy would be footing most of the bill,so ya it would work great for many.

10. Pho_King

Pho_King BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +104
    Health care in America is outstanding.