3 day waiting period and Background Check

Gadawg73

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2009
Georgia
should be on folks prescribed hardcore pyschotropic pharmeceutical drugs.
Folks can wait 3 days for their dope.
After all, people do not kill people. Guns and drugs do.

IN ky you have to give a drug test every 30 days if on narcotic pain pills.
And you cannot be on them for over 30 days unless you go to a pain clinic.

A cookie cutter approach to a problem.

Took effect july 12. I may not be able to get my hard pain meds for my cancer pain any more.
Will just blow myself up on the capitol steps maybe?

Holmes had loads of dope in him yet folks blame it on the guns.

Cause and effect. No matter how much dope he consumed, without guns it would have been much more difficult to kill and maim so many so quickly. Arson, maybe, or a bomb but neither method is easier or more effective than a high volociety semi automatic firearm with a large capacity magazine.

The ability to fire rounds with little recoil at the rate of one per second or so is likely a more effective and surer way to kill and maim a large population than arson or a bomb, unless the bomb is huge.

Don't forget the SUVs that also kill. Need to get a background check and waiting period on those when you go into the auto dealer.

Don't forget the SUVs that also kill. Need to get a background check and waiting period on those when you go into the auto dealer.

Even driving an SUV down a crowded sidewalk is unlikely to create the carnage created by on semi auto with a large magazine - try not to be an idiot.

I can see the need for background checks and waiting periods.

However, in return, there should be no need for gun licenses, and open carry laws should be the norm everywhere, except on private property where the owner doesn't allow it of course.

And while we're at it, we should put radioactive identifiers into every gun manufactured in the US.

That way, they'll be instantly traceable.

:lol: Jesus you people are desperate. Guns are designed to do what? SUV's are designed to do what? Feel stupid yet?

Probably not, making a comparison between SUV's and guns already show that you are unable to experience embarrassment.

:lol: Jesus you people are desperate. Guns are designed to do what? SUV's are designed to do what? Feel stupid yet?

Probably not, making a comparison between SUV's and guns already show that you are unable to experience embarrassment.

Guns are Designed to Protect the Wielder from Harm. What is your point dude. The Fact is More People are killed by Morons in Cars than Morons with Guns ever year.

Period.

And while we're at it, we should put radioactive identifiers into every gun manufactured in the US.

That way, they'll be instantly traceable.

I have no problem with a state doing a background check. I have a huge problem with the federal govt knowing what's in my arsenal. I'm 100 percent against any type of federal registry.

Here in NYC you dont have to wait at all.
You can go to any alley way and get any gun you want...right there on the spot.

And that is what the Left never understands. If you Ban Weapons the only people you stop from getting guns, are Law abiding citizens, if a Criminal wants one, they are going to get one, Laws be damned.

IN ky you have to give a drug test every 30 days if on narcotic pain pills.
And you cannot be on them for over 30 days unless you go to a pain clinic.

A cookie cutter approach to a problem.

Took effect july 12. I may not be able to get my hard pain meds for my cancer pain any more.
Will just blow myself up on the capitol steps maybe?
Perhaps a friend can send you some good weed.

And that is what the Left never understands. If you Ban Weapons the only people you stop from getting guns, are Law abiding citizens, if a Criminal wants one, they are going to get one, Laws be damned.

that was the point I was making.

I will have to wait 3 days to protect myself while the one who wants to kill me can get it on demand.

I have no problem with a state doing a background check. I have a huge problem with the federal govt knowing what's in my arsenal. I'm 100 percent against any type of federal registry.

I don't know, seems like a rational step to me.

In return, you'll be able to have all the guns you want, and carry them around to boot.

And criminals and psychopaths will be denied access.

Seems like a pretty good deal to me...

Forum List

Back