3 captains leave deadliest catch

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
A trio of stars of Discovery's hit reality series "Deadliest Catch" have left the show.

Capts. Johnathan and Andy Hillstrand -- who were sued earlier this month by Discovery for allegedly not performing work on a planned spinoff special -- as well as Capt. Sig Hansen, said in a statement Tuesday that they were "unable" to continue on the series due to the litigation.

"We have been through a lot over the past year and unfortunately given the current situation with Discovery we are unable to continue participating in 'Deadliest Catch,'" the three crab fishermen said in a joint written statement. "It has been a fantastic ride, and we wish the best to all of the amazing and supportive 'Catch' fans we have met over the years."

A statement from Discovery was not forthcoming.

The network sued the Hillstrands for $3 million claiming they failed to show up to finish work on "Hillstranded," a planned "Catch" spinoff. The Hillstrands' lawyer Jeff Cohen then called the suit an attempt to "extort" his clients and said the lawsuit could force them to sell their boats and fire their crews. Hansen, also repped by Cohen, later weighed in, backing the Hillstrands, slamming Discovery and saying, "I want people to know the captains stand together, and me and my brothers support them 100 percent."

"Deadliest Catch" stars quit Discovery show - News - Yahoo! TV

no hillstrands...no sig....the show wont last 1/2 season

Sig and the Northwestern were the main reason I watched that show. Phil was also a big reason, and the Hillstrands were up there too. I can't stand the other captains, so I most likely will not watch once the Northwestern and Time Bandit are no longer on the show.

Rick

i dont see it going on without these captains...i watch it ever year to see how sig can look like mal after a vacation...i mean day one..sig looks like hell...

and the hillstrands are a hoot....

now we wont know if edgar hanson leaves the ship or not..

i dont see it going on without these captains...i watch it ever year to see how sig can look like mal after a vacation...i mean day one..sig looks like hell...

and the hillstrands are a hoot....

now we wont know if edgar hanson leaves the ship or not..

You think Sig takes a vacation? I think he just goes from crabbing to fishing somewhere else. I don't think Sig could handle down time.

Actually he probably looks like hell because he's at home dealing with his wife and kids, and not on his boat getting next to no sleep and chain smoking. I think Sig is more comfortable in the captain's chair on the Northwestern than pretty much anyplace else in the world.

Rick

have you seen his wife? but you are most likely correct that he goes from one season to another...that is part of edgars complaint that sig doesnt see being at sea as a problem...

remember when sig quit smoking?

have you seen his wife? but you are most likely correct that he goes from one season to another...that is part of edgars complaint that sig doesnt see being at sea as a problem...

Yeah, it lasted all of what 6 hours? And for that time he was so grumpy that his crew couldn't stand it. I think Sig is the star of that show. Without him it won't last.

Edited to add: And yes, I have seen his wife. She is smoking hot.

Rick

This sucks. Phil and Sig where my favorite and you always have to love the Hillstrands.

I'm hoping a competing network to Discovery will start a new series on just the Time Bandit and Northwestern (C'mon History Channel, you are the king of Discovery Channel spin-offs).

Premiere+Screening+Discovery+Channel+LIFE+2NSRGtn_H1il.jpg

Yes I have and she is OK at best. Not much to brag about though. I dated women who were a hell of alot better looking.

To bad about the show. I really liked it and its sad that Discovery would sue causing the show to end without the most popular captains.

Forum List

Back