25 years ago today.....forever frozen in my mind.

Mini 14

Jun 6, 2010
I've tried to erase the memory of the explosion, but I can't.

Challenger was my generation's Kennedy assassination (though I lived through both, I was too young to really remember the day Kennedy was shot).

We lost heroes that day. True heroes.

Godspeed.

I was teaching in a Catholic school in MASS the day that happened.

It surprised me how much the students took this disaster to heart.

They were much more effected by this tragedy than I was.

My longer historical POV, having seen countless US rockets blowing up on the launchpads, something they were too young to have ever seen, meant that to me this was just a to be expected, occassionally, tragedy, but to them it appeared to be an earth shattering first time event.

I've tried to erase the memory of the explosion, but I can't.

Challenger was my generation's Kennedy assassination (though I lived through both, I was too young to really remember the day Kennedy was shot).

We lost heroes that day. True heroes.

Godspeed.

The saddest thing about it is that the structures hasn´t changed. The Challenger was a management failure, which ignored the warnings of the engeneers to start at the cold weather. But today, the managers still have the "last word", ignoring the facts, playing with lives, and refusing any responsibility when a presage catastrophe happened.

This was our challenger catastrophe:

uh43048,1234466510,Eschede-1.jpg

Here the McKinsey managers decided to save money at the maintenance. 102 dead "deutsche bahn" customers. Thank you Mckinsey Sharholder Value Profit Maximising Bastards.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back