Woman Mows Down Her Cousin Over Facebook

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
A Long Island woman allegedly mowed down her cousin twice with a minivan after a Facebook-fueled catfight over a man -- leaving the victim helpless in the middle of a busy road on a freezing night, sources said.

Giselle Penagos, 21, required emergency surgery Monday to fix a broken leg and shattered pelvis after she and her cousin Melanie Spanopoulos sparred viciously over a cyber-Casanova during a wild car ride.

Luckily, an unidentified man rescued Penagos as she lay bleeding in Elmont early Monday morning and rushed her to her father's house in Queens.

After watching the Jets game at a bar, Spanopoulos -- whose Facebook page notes that her favorite activities are "getting drunk" and "speaking gibberish" -- and Penagos headed home on the Southern State Parkway.

Galgano said that's when one of the girls found out the other one was in touch with a potential love interest on Facebook.

Spanopoulos' lawyer, Dennis Lemke, said the man refused Penagos' friend request but accepted one from his client. (I think this is backwards, NY Post. Don't you people have editors?)

Then the fur flew.

Spanopoulos pulled off the parkway onto a dark street near Elmont Avenue and Penagos got out. When Penagos refused to get back in the van, Spanopoulos allegedly leaped out and the pair wrestled each other to the ground.

The suspect then hopped behind the wheel and plowed into her cousin with the van, cops said. She then allegedly put the vehicle in reverse and smashed into her a second time.

Facebook feud between cousins Giselle Penagos and Melanie Spanopoulos turns deadly - NYPOST.com

Good grief!

I think I know what the problem is here...

After watching the Jets game at a bar, Spanopoulos and Penagos headed home on the Southern State Parkway.

I think that they were so influenced by Rex Ryan, that they were trying to talk trash.

Forum List

Back